Stanford Health Care Logo

Stanford Health Care

Having problems with Stanford Health Care?

Stanford Health Care reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on May 6, 2007. The latest review Billing - Surprise bill for medical procedure was posted on Oct 22, 2021. The latest complaint Billing was resolved on Jun 15, 2021. Stanford Health Care has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 41 reviews. Stanford Health Care has resolved 7 complaints.

Stanford Health Care Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 756 9000 (Stanford Referral Center)
+1 650 723 4000 (Hospital Operator)
+1 650 723 6221 (Patient Rooms)
+1 800 549 3720 (Billing Office - Physician & Hospital Statements)
+1 650 723 5111 (Emergency Services)
+1 650 498 3333 (Guest Services)
+1 650 723 5721 (Medical Records)
+1 866 742 4811 (Physician Helpline)
+1 650 497 8000 (Children's Hospital)
+1 650 725 4053 (Housing Assistance)
+1 650 725 6021 (Medical Staff Office)
+1 650 723 6696 (Office of Communications)
+1 650 723 5091 (Social Services)
+1 650 723 2300 (Stanford University)
+1 866 367 0758 (MyHealth Help Desk)
300 Pasteur Drive
Palo Alto, California
United States - 94304-5547

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Stanford Health Care Customer Service. Initial Stanford Health Care complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Stanford Health Care above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Stanford Health Care. Discuss the issues you have had with Stanford Health Care and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Stanford Health Care Complaints & Reviews

Stanford Health CareBilling - Surprise bill for medical procedure

I was scheduled to have a fibroid embolization completed on June 18 2021.

On June 11, Joshua Vista called me to go over the estimated costs of the procedure with me and receive my understanding that I was aware of the costs. The estimate he gave me was 100 dollars. That document is attached.

The procedure was completed without any abnormalities or surprises.
On October 3, 2021, I received a bill from Stanford Hospital for $4, 594.24.
I have this documentation.

Again, nothing unexpected happened during or after the procedure. The status of my insurance benefits never changed.

The answer I receive from the billing department is that my insurance covered everything it could and I owe what it didn't cover, although they can't tell me WHY this wasn't put in the estimate for my bill before the procedure, or WHAT was more then was originally estimated.

I cannot afford this bill. I cannot afford the $756 a month for 6 month payment plan billing proposed on the website, which is why I would of never of had the procedure done in the first place if I had known the bill would be so high.

Stanford Health CareParental rights

My girlfriend recently gave birth and had previously tested positive for drugs, I do not use drugs and I put my name and signature on the birth certificate forms. When I went home to get a change of clothes a social worker informed my girlfriend that they were filing a cps case and taking custody on the grounds that there is no father on the birth certificate and proceeded to erase my name and signature from the birth certificate forms this happened at Stanford hospital. T is is unethical and possibly illegal I was there in the delivery room and gave all information the hospital had my phone number bu chose not to inform me so they could kidnap the twin children. I am the father and the children have family

Stanford Health CareDoctor

I am writing a complaint abt Dr Salome Mashgati an ob gyn at Stanford health…..Valkey care in Pleasanton California

She has put my life in danger….by her aggressive abd cheating behavior….

She first saw me when health was deterioratin fir 3 months….

She ordered an ultrasound…endometrial lining came thickened….vaginal bleeding happened….hystersccopy and biopsy was done

I panicked and contacted UCSF oncologist centre and they called her for reports…..she got mad….that I called before even being diagnosed….but I was in panic state as my health was going bad rapidly….she continued to ignore me….after blasting me offf one day…..

The result came negative…and then when I went for follow up appointment they started acted fishy…..just talking to my husband….very grim and serious….pretending to order medicines….all other emails and info is on my Stanford health online system…..my communication with them….

The biopsy was never released on my health portal….

SHE RIGGED THE BIOPSY SO THT HER CARRIER does not get jeopardized for failing to find the cancer

Stanford Health CareNot taking CoPay Funds Provided

I am enrolled in a copay assistance program through the pharmaceutical company that manufactures the medication I receive every 6 weeks.
        The pharmaceutical company gave Stanford Hospital Billing a credit card number, for funds they provide on my behalf, at the time I was enrolled in the program in 2018. I do not have the credit card number, it is given to the hospital to receive Copay assistance funds.
        The company also faxes a notification to Stanford billing each time funds are added to the card for payment on my behalf so Stanford may take the payment and apply it to my outstanding balance.
        Stanford billing does not take action to receive the funds.
        Each year Stanford sends my account to a debt collector despite the funds being available and despite my numerous communications with them asking them to access the funds and providing them with contact information for the pharmaceutical company.
        Generally, the billing representatives are not helpful; they are not willing to call the pharmaceutical company to get the information they seem to be missing so they can get paid. What a terrible business practice and what awful customer service!

Aug 18, 2021

Stanford Health Care — Tremendous lack of care or concern over broken bones

Dr. Robin Kamal and Dr. Jennifer Haggerty of the Standford Health org have neglected to provide care and...

Stanford Health CareReferral Process

I was referred almost THREE MONTHS AGO to Dr. Greene by my daughter's pediatric geneticist, Dr. Graham (at Cedars) in connection with genetic testing that was performed for me. Stanford has been trying to obtain information from Dr. Pae, my primary care provider, who knows nothing about this issue. All of the supplemental documents requested have been send to Stanford by Dr. Graham's office several times, and I still have not been called to make an appointment with Dr. Greene. I have spent OVER FOUR HOURS on the phone now calling to speak with referrals and patient intake. This is a huge barrier to care. The wait for n. is several months, and it's already taken me months to just schedule. Luckily, I have a job that allows me to make long phone calls and multitask while responding to work emails. I'm sure many others do not have the same luxury and are not able to see providers because of Stanford's lack of organization. IT SHOULD NOT TAKE MONTHS TO BOOK A SIMPLE APPOINTMENT. This is absurd and Stanford should review my file and take corrective action to ensure this doesn't happen to anyone, ever again.

Stanford Health CareHospital acquired infection

My father was a patient there being treated for cancer. He died from a hospital acquired infection that got out of control and made it so he could not be treated for cancer anymore. This infection was caused by this hospital and I was notified after he passed away from public health that this infection was a hospital acquired infection. Please contact me at [protected]

Respond

Stanford Health CareCare and communication over 6 months of treating my now deceased wife

Mallory F. Price was admitted to Stanford Hospital in early January after suffering a series of strokes. During the course of her trearment, the following happened.

1) on her second day in the hospital a doctor told Mallory that she "had pancreatic cancer, days to live, and needed to get her affairs in order." None of this was true but it terrified her.

2) During the first two weeks of treatment, little or no information on her diagnosis was provide to me, Douglas Price, or her mother, Phyllis Fletcher. I made numerous attempts to reach a doctor and never received a return call.

3) The staffs of neurology and oncology gave conflicting instructions regarding the dosing of Eloquis, her blood thinner. This was exceptionally dangerous and gross incompetence.

4) Although Stanford billing did not mail a single bill to Mallory, her mother, or me, they turned her bill over to a hideous collection agency named DCM to harass me over slightly under $3k. Not once did Stanford call any of us.

I could write a book on how terrible this experience was for all of us, but particularly Mallory. Sadly, she passed in July, but we will never forget how shabbily she was managed by Stanford.

Stanford Health CarePsychiatry

Meds are not helping Dr are not helping my condition all the doctors do is prescribe drugs that do not work been here 4 years and nothing has changed I do not feel IAM getting much help and wish to bring this attention to the president of the school for an evaluation of my case to someone who is willing to do something. The medical care has been awful and I want to talk with the powers that ne

Stanford Health CareRadiology

My Doctor put an order for Ultrasound only as thats reqd at current moment.

However, Radiology is not giving me an appointment. They are forcing for mammogram and ultrasound. They have been delaying to give any appointment, with no resolution for around a month now

In lie of better treatment / more hefty bill, they are not even giving the care my doctor recommended. Its a terrible experience and I need help here.

Jun 15, 2021

Stanford Health Care — Billing

This is a complaint about billing (not against the doctors, nurses, or other staff). My dad is a Kaiser...

Stanford Health CareCovid vaccine

I have been paying for a Stanford health plan for two years. I have never used any of their services until January, when I signed up for a Covid vaccine. The earliest appointment was over six weeks away, today, Sunday March 7. I took it.

I arrived at the Galvez site this morning, only to be informed that the appointment had been cancelled. I had not been notified.

Later, I logged into MyHealth, poked around, and found their message area, where they had posted a message about the cancellation. They had not bothered to notify me via email, although on Friday -- two days before my appointment and the same day they apparently cancelled the appointment -- they had emailed me a QR code. In fact, they emailed it twice. Others at Galvez this morning also stated that they had not been notified.

They rescheduled me for a first vaccine in three weeks -- in San Jose, 25 miles from my home. They have no openings within the next three months anywhere near the Palo Alto area. This is not health "care, " especially during a pandemic. This is health "we don't care."

Stanford Health CareBilling

I was called for steps on my sleep study. When called to get device sent I let them know my insurance was not active and it would start within the next month. They told me that it was ok because it was pre authorized. I received a bill and spoke to billing who said it was a mistake on the employee but that I was still liable for the bill and nothing could be done about it.
                      I spoke to the nurse who I notified and she told me that they would take care of it. After several emails back and forth she said "sorry" but you can try to do a plan with billing.

Oct 18, 2020

Stanford Health Care — Dr. Dewan and charge nurse...

I would like to start this email off by saying that I am grateful for the outstanding care my husband...

Sep 17, 2020

Stanford Health Care — Health care

Stanford Complaint I am a renewed patient to Stanford, after a brief leave of being a patient at Kaiser. I...

Stanford Health CareOutrageous billing

I scheduled a wellness check with with one of their medical professionals. Due to SIP I opted for a virtual meeting since I wasn't sick and just wanted to make sure I get my routine bloodwork done. After my meeting, the Physician's Assistant asked me if there was anything else ...I mentioned I might have an ear infection but it wasn't a big deal. That is when things changed. I had no idea that mentioning something like that would change this from an annual visit to some outrageous visit costing over $800! I have health insurance and it didn't even cover half of that...I am now being billed over $550 for my "visit". If I knew about that, I would never mentioned having any issues at a doctor's visit. I could have easily done a telehealth visit through my insurance company and only paid $20 for it! This is a total scam and the lack of transparency is quite appalling. I had originally scheduled another visit for my annual gynecology appointment but have since cancelled my appointment.

Mar 05, 2020

Stanford Health Care — bait and switch about cost of procedure

Please read below correspondence. It will explain my complaint. Scroll all the way down. Thank you. PTo...

Stanford Health Carelacking handicap parking.

Only 4 disabled parking places for this urgent care facility. I cant believe a place with this many people coming to it everyday wouldn't have more disabled parking. I almost missed my appointment with the doctor today because of parking. When i let the office know of my concern they just shrugged it off and smiled like oh well. I will in turn find another medical provider.

Stanford Health Careprimary care follow through

I have been a Bay Valley patient since the 1980s. Until the Stanford take over, I was very happy.

About a month ago, I had my annual checkup. It included a number of standard blood tests. In the past, Bay Valley mailed results to my home, and a nurse was available to explain them to me.

This year, Bay Valley informed me that results were only available on the online patient portal. At the appointment, they texted a link to my phone for accessing this portal. The link didnt work. The Bay Valley front desk staff gave me a number to call. I left a voice mail and drove to work. Some time later, when I was at work, I got another link texted to me. However it still didn't work.

Over the next several weeks I phoned Stanford several times asking for help getting my results. This was unsuccessful. I encountered a variety of unhelpful responses and several rather rude responses.

One night, I was having dinner with my husband and I got a text message on my phone. This included another link and instructions which stated that the link could only be used over the next 2 hours. After that I would need to call Stanford and get a new link.

This time Stanford had apparently fixed the software defects that had resulted in a no working link.

I got in and saw my lab results. Unfortunately, I have no idea what they mean. The portal contained results stated in terms only a clinician would understand.

Sep 13, 2019

Stanford Health Care — emergency room

I entered the emergency room on two occasions in the last month regarding my left hand. My hand has not...

Stanford