Speedwaymanager very unprofessional & rude

S Aug 15, 2018 Review updated:

My husband is a die hard loyal customer of Speedway, not only driving out of his way at times, even going daily sometimes 1-2 times a day. I had asked him why, he stated because he has never had to deal with a rude employee whom hates their job. After my last chemo appt we went to the Speedway he has gone to several times before for something to drink. Unable to decide & being slow I decided to go in with him (I had not been in a store for months) As we were in line there was first an older gentleman who seemed confused, but was teated so terrible the employee (The Manager) was rude, impatient, and unprofessional. Next a young lady whom she barely acknowledged, at that point I just wanted to put our things back and leave. I was shocked when I had seen it was the Manager, Patricia. My husband started a simple conversation of the older gentleman appeared to be confused, and how he knew it can be difficult dealing with customers sometimes but maybe she could have been a little more patient. Not screaming but very loudly she demand we get the H out of "HER" store she was refusing to serve us. My husband said he didnt mean to offend her, but the man was having difficulty. She stood there refusing to ring up our purchases, he said he did nothing wrong, but she insisted she has the right to deny service to anyone. Although after 3-5 minutes of arms crossed, she rang up his purchase. I had left shortly before that because her tone just escalated. I cannot believe she is an employee, let alone a manager.

• Ta
    Taco Grande Aug 28, 2018

Weird that she had a total personality shift like that, after your husband had been coming in for years. Could be that older gentleman (homeless guy? lotto addict? who knows, but they're in every store it seems) ran her patience out. It happens. Even the nicest person in the world can be driven to wits' end by some of these people, especially older people who seem to make a habit of hassling people who work these counters. I don't know, I wasn't there, I didn't see everything as it transpired, but I'm going to err on the side of reason and think there's more than meets the eye. She wasn't like this in all the time your husband was coming there, so something happened that day. Even though your husband was being polite, it's possible that was the straw that broke the camel's back after what she had just been through. Sometimes it's best to say nothing.