Having problems with Spectrum.com?

Spectrum.com reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 10, 2006. The latest review cable tv / spectrum time warner cable was posted on Aug 1, 2021. The latest complaint transfer of service & billing was resolved on Jun 23, 2017. Spectrum.com has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 552 reviews. Spectrum.com has resolved 215 complaints.

Spectrum.com Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 892 4357 (Customer Service)
400 Atlantic Street
Stamford, Connecticut

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Spectrum.com Customer Service. Initial Spectrum.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Spectrum.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Spectrum.com. Discuss the issues you have had with Spectrum.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Spectrum.com Complaints & Reviews, Page 5

Time Warner Cablebilling, customer service

I have paid my cable bill with the same banking account for years, now since may 2017, I have been charged a $5 fee because I have to go through a representative. When I try using the automated system, it says my information can't be used. But I go through a rep.it goes right through! They refuse to reimburse me this fee, its not my fault the automated system doesn't work. Also I'm paying for the fastest internet speed they have, constantly freezing and goes down to 1.2, jumps all over the place the best is 13.2!! Pretty sad we aren't even getting 20 and I'm paying for 30!!! Sincerely, Gail Morsch-Hoppough

Charter communicationson demand

Putting episodes on demand is way too slow. When new episodes are put, very little are in HD. I pay extra for HD and I don't think the extra amount I pay for HD isn't fair due to the fact that there are little amount of HD shows/episodes on demand. Another thing, certain episodes aren't put. Example, it skips around from episode 1, 2, 4.. Where's episode 3? Please fix this.

Charter communicationsservice

I was offered a nee service bundle after talking to a technician for 45 minutes discussing the channels that I watch. After excepting thosr programs and turning the TV on I found that four of the channels that I watch daily we're not on that bundle. Call customer service talk to supervisor call Kenneth he said he can't do anything about it except coach his staff better .He also told me I was nit able to talk to anybody higher up than himself which seems quite strange to me or submit a complaint

Time Warner Cablecustomer service

I originally ordered a package from Time Warner about a year ago that included a house phone. At that time I didn't need it activated. Now since i moved I called today 8-22-17 to have it activated only to find out when I was transferred the customer service rep not only didn't remove me off ACH so i was billed 2x in the same month but removed the phone service off of my plan. Retention is now telling me in order to activate the phone I must change over to Spectrum (which my bill will increase with the same service as Time Warner) and I have to pay a 20.00 activation fee to set up the phone. So bc of the customer service rep now doing their job I have to pay the consequence. They should be adding that service back since they even see no notes why the rep didn't not transfer that phone service over. Way to keep your customers. I will be moving to Direct TV.

Charter communicationsappointment confirmations

I understand the cost incurred when a company like Charter sends a technician to your home and no one is home. Charter used to call the night before to confirm the appointment. Now, they call the night before and 45 minutes prior to the appointment. If you don't confirm on both calls, the technician does not come. Isn't one confirmation enough? If not, why don't they call three or even four times? Who's time is more valuable? Theirs or their customer's? Charter has made some great improvements in many areas and the one hour appointment window is one of them. This policy change is working against those who make the Charter paychecks possible.

Charter communicationscable service

I am a recent customer to Spectrum only had the service a couple months and I am extremely disappointed with the service I am receiving. Immediately after my initial installed cable I have had poor connection issues with my tv. I called a couple days after it was installed because I noticed his poor my service was. I had 2 different technicians out here to try and fix my issue and it has yet to be resolved. I am very displeased you would offer me this service and it doesn't work properly in my area. I would not recommend you as a provider to anyone.

Time Warner Cableloyal customer asked for a 8 day extension to pay a partial remaining bill

Ive been a loyal customer, never have I had a late payment i pay in full EARLY every month.
              I have referred friends and family to TWC/Spectrum and never asked for anything.
              This month after a death, surgeries and other issues that were unpredictable I was only able to pay 60% of my bill. I asked for an extinction on the 40% for 8 days and even offered to enroll in auto payments. I was refused the extra 8 days. I have had my service over a year and moved during that time. TWC/Spectrum was a choice and not the cheapest but I stayed because I was it was easy and I thought I was happy, today my opinion of TWC/Spectrum has changed and I shall be shopping around for new service.

Poor customer service
              Disappointed loyal customer

Charter communicationsall services from charter and their billing practices

Hey [censor] at charter!!! Stop disconnecting people's service on Sunday (weekend) for non-payment!! Maybe you can give the costumer a [censor] chance to pay?!! Sunday's all banks closed you [censor] what should I just [censor] out the $ like you do replying the same god damn content over and over at $300 per month and have the fawking disrespect to turn off a family's service on Sunday!! Can't wait to change carriers you overcharging non good son of [censor]

Charter Spectrumdamaged utility and interruption of services

Good afternoon,

I am the damage investigator for Charter Spectrum Cable in North Carolina. On 7/29/2017, Charter Spectrum suffered an outage at 1403 Stout St., Burlington, NC 27215. This was the results of a Dish Network crew installing a new satellite dish behind address 1403 Stout St., The installation crew cut in half a .625 coax Charter Spectrum feeder cable while driving a new pole mount satellite in the ground interrupting services for approximately half of the apartment complex.

I am in need to know if this claim has been reported, the claim number that has been assigned to it?

Who will be the claim handler with their email address and phone number?

Terry Newman
                  Outside Plant Damage Field Investigator
                  Project Resources Group, Inc.
                  1819 East Boulevard
                  Charlotte, NC 28203
                  Cell: [protected]
                  Email: [protected]@prgconsulting.net

damaged utility and interruption of services
                  damaged utility and interruption of services

Charter communicationsspectrum app

Anyone who does not have iOS 9 on their Apple mobile (ipad, iphone) is no longer allowed to use the spectrum app. They took it away just like that. Since they started requiring their expense of boxes to watch television we've been relying on our mobiles to watch television in other rooms. They have no alternatives...if you don't have iOS 9 you're out. I don't dare upgrade a couple of my mobiles because it would kill them.

Charter communicationsspectrum cable tv low signal

Since May, we have been receiving low power signal from Spectrum that we never had from Time Warner. We have had technicians out four different times and they all say the faulty pictures we are receiving is not caused by anything internal but the signal to our pole is not strong enough.

I called again and told customer service that I wanted it fixed and I did not want another service person coming out to tell me there is nothing they can do. Spectrum claims only the technician can authorize a service call for the pole to be checked. Well, then why can't they contact one of the four technicians who have been here and ask why they haven't called about the power to our pole? If the signal isn't strong enough, they need to fix it. Not just give us the run around for months at a time.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told the same thing. She can't check to see why the orders haven't gone through to fix the signal at the poll? That's ridiculous. When I asked to speak to her supervisor, she said she didn't have one. It's funny, but the automated answering service knew I was calling about a repeated issue.

I guess Spectrum doesn't appreciate a 25 year customer.

Charter communicationshorrible customer service runaround and overbilling

I have Charter Spectrum (originally Time Warner) providing internet and phone service at my business. The bill is almost $200 a month so I called last month to see if I could get it down and they agreed that we were being overcharged and could get faster connection for about half the price. I spent 45 minutes setting it all up and then the bill comes and nothing changed. I called and got the runaround, they kept saying they couldn't help and transferred me to finally a "supervisor", spent 20 minutes and then they just hung up. Called back two times same thing. The last person said they don't deal with business accounts evenings or weekends so I would have to call back Monday. They have all of these tricks to keep you from ever resolving or being able to lower an overcharged bill. They are the worst. Infuriating and I don't see anyway to ever get help. The customer service reps could care less. They Suck!

Charters Communicationtransferring and billing

I accidentally put down the wrong Lot number but my cable was hooked up and ready to go. When I found out that I had the wrong Lot number I called to change it. It's the same address but DIFFERENT Lot number. Why did it cost me $40.98 for a transfer? No tech had to come out and I get charged $40.98 to change a Lot number! A high price transfer fee for a few feet! Crooks!

Spectrum Cableinternet/phone/hd tv

Charter installed my TV, phone and Internet on July 5. Today is July 18 and I have not had a complete 24 hours of service. The technician comes out, they work on the modem or replace it, look at the box outside and it works for 12 to 15 hours. The next day I'm back on the phone to them because it went out in the evening. Then they come out and look at the pole. Sometimes it works after that and sometimes it doesn't. The technician has been out here five times in my home and I don't know how many times at the pole. I had charter for three years and left 14 months ago due to high prices. I don't understand why it doesn't work now when I never had an issue in the previous three year term.

Time Warner Cableinternet

I am a Veteran, Senior and disabled living on a fixed income. For the last few years I have been able to keep my internet and be apart of the world. The promotion packages are excellent. Today I called to get another 12 month promotion package and was informed they do not have ANY... I ONLY NEED THE INTERNET WITH WIFI. The new price which takes affect in August will cause me NOT TO BE ABLE TO STAY CONNECTED TO THE WORLD. WHY ARE THEIR NO DISCOUNT PACKAGES JUST INTERNET FOR DISABLED, VETERANS, SENIORS?

Time Warner Cablelies and price increase

I obtained just internet service from time warner in san antonio, tx. I contacted the time warner when internet speed was slow. Technician came out and advised me to sign up for 100mps and my bills was raised to $60. Then after few months it raised to $90 per month! I contacted them and tried to cancel as time warner was offering $50 for new customer. After some negotiation time warner representative lowered again to $60 so I wont cancel. After few more month later the fee was increased again to $90 and when I called the representative told me that promotion was over and I should have been charged $90 for internet a long time ago.

I realized that I should have cancelled when I had a chance. Never pay high price and time warner uses our laziness to change to different internet carrier. Time warner charge a lowered rate to a new customer. Time warner says that they can lower my bills from $90 to $85. I just want to laugh. I called them to cancel this time and they ask, "where are you change to?" I think it is sad that they will start to treat us better after we leave them.

Charter communicationstransfer of service & billing

Hi I Jsmond Nelson contacted Spectrum in April to transfer service to my new address at 1713 W 150th St Gardena CA 90247. Once the tech arrived they had not trafsered service at all they actually cut off another address that day the tech finish installing all new equipment because he could not use the old equipment due to the error I was on the phone for 4 hours he was finish in 45 minutes but could not leave until they fixed it he was in my house for 4 hours they finally was able to fix it I didn't know my phone never WiFi information nothing at all I called they stated because of the error I would receive a credit but I would have to return the equipment I did the guy said 7 days there are numerous errors you just transfered service your bill should not be 300 dollars do not pay this bill until adjustments wait 7 days and call I call in 7 days the guy says it doesn't show you returned the equipment you should get credit of 129.00 I put a ticket in a manager should call I never received a manager call I call today the guy says nothings wrong this is what you owe this has been a horrible traumatizing experience from being on the phone for at least 40 hours since may to been given so much wrong information from loosing work hours buy having a tech in my house that has me call customer service and end up being on the phone 5 hours just so they can start the service its horrific and now for them to say I owe 400.00 since I started service in may please call me at [protected]

RESOLVED

Please delete my complaint

Charter Spectrumtelemarketing

I am currently suing Spectrum in Federal District Court in case number 17cv222 in a class action lawsuit for illegal telemarketing. This lawsuit was filed early this year.

Then, today, June 22, 2017, I get yet another telemarketing call from Spectrum. I recorded the entire call. Can you believe this? Wow! Amazing. It is no wonder that Spectrum has so many bad reviews and such a low star rating. What is really scary is that the number they called me on is the number that Spectrum sells me for my home phone every month.

You would think that the phone number knows their own numbers and that the phone company would know to scrub their lists against the DNC registry. I have told Spectrum in writing to cease and desist. Then I had to sue them to get them to stop. Apparently suing does not even give them a wake up call.

Charter communications — cable and internet service

I made a payment on the June 14, 2017 with my checking account(EFT). On June 22, 2017 my spouse called to...

Charter communicationsinternet/streaming tv services

On April 20th, I received a call from a representative offering Charter TV Streaming services for $20/month. The representative (EBS) told me that I would receive a Roku device free of charge and that I could cancel at anytime with no penalties. I would only pay $15 for the first month and then $20 thereafter. The Rep failed to inform me that I would be forced into a bundle by accepting the streaming services. I was charged $20 on the first bill that I received. I called Charter and they were able to correct my bill, and give me the rate that I was originally quoted. I then called back to remove streaming after trying the service for 2 months and deciding that I did not want to keep it. A different Rep told me that I would have to pay $69.99 and that I would not be able to keep the rate that I previously had although my introductory period had not expired. I am very upset with the bait and switch trick that the representative pulled on me. Had I known that I would lose my rate of $44.99 per month for internet only, I would have never gotten the TV streaming services. I keep being told that there is nothing that can be done except for offering the internet to me for $59.99, still that's $15 more than I was paying initially. Surely if I can be switched to a new plan, I can be switched back. Even if switching back is not an option It would be great if I can be offered a discount so that my bill can continue to be $44.99 as it was prior to getting Streaming TV. I'm trying to hold on to my services but I'm getting exhausted going back and for with this. I have been a Charter customer for years and it is sad to see that barely anything is being done for customer retention.