Sovereign Banksovereign bank overdraft fees

P

My husband's checking acct. was hit with 3 overdraft fees that shouldn't have happened. He asked that I check to see if the rent check had cleared yet so, I called and it said he still had $176 in his acct. I double checked and went online, sure enough the $176 was still there, nothing pending. He asked for me to go to ATM and withdraw $40, figuring his direct deposit will hit at midnight and cover the check along with whatever was left in the bank. I went and got the $40 and some stuff totaling $5.22. Later on that evening I checked the acct. online and saw the $40 and $5.22 pending but no check yet, fine. This morning, I checked the acct. online and saw it was overdrawn by $209. We went down to the neighborhood bank branch and was told that the check cleared at midnight causing the other items to bounce. HELLO, my husband's direct deposit goes in at the sametime! I also asked why would the ATM give out money if it was overdrawn anyway, from what they said. I never had a bank that allowed that! After blowing smoke up our butts and trying to get up to swallow their excuse, i'm fuming. At Bank of America, they show checks pending, Sovereign is telling us that there is no system that does that! Not to mention that the ATM's are 48-72 hours behind along with the online banking system! I don't by that! I think it's their way to make money off of fees.
Paulette

• Updated by William1964 · Aug 23, 2019

• Updated by Hafeesa Alston · Apr 16, 2019

The interest rate is higher than any company I have ever been with & I feel trapped because no one will trade my car in they say I'm upside down in the loan & I would have to give them at least 5k for trade in... Help

• Updated by jrogers72 · Mar 06, 2018

I hope everyone who is a customer of Santander knows that their money IS NOT SAFE OR PROTECTED!!!

Latrisia Nov 09, 2019

I have been paying on a loan since 2012 . 8 years is too long .They say I still owe 5100. I need help. The car was originally 21000. Ihave payed over 32000. They say i still owe. Some one need to mKe them be accountable for destroying lives. This takes a toll on not only me but everyone that depends on me. Please get them to do right by people.

Laquanda Matthews Oct 20, 2019

Take the repo off my record please

• De
    Dennis Noble Oct 12, 2019

I've had a 2008 suburban for 3 years damn near 21k paid and they say I still owe 24k. The loan was only for 23k. If I'm late they call me 4 to 6 times a day all hours of the day and night. Rude and to top it off I have to pay them a fee to make a payment...

• Wi
    William1964 Aug 31, 2019

Borrowed $25, 000 to purchase a boat in 2003, payments of $358 per month for 15yrs, totals approximately $66, 000! As of July 2019 when the loan was SUPPOSED to be paid off, Santander says I still owe $16, 000!!! So I pay this monthly payment over 15 years and my principal only drops by $9000!?!?!?! This company needs to be put out of business.

• Da
    David Demerle Jul 24, 2019

I purchased a vehicle through borcherding Buick in Cincinnati, Ohio around October of 2014 for approximately $31000. The 2011 Buick Enclave was financed through Santander Cunsumer with the 1st payment being made in November 2014. As up to day I still owe $21273.37

• Va
    Vanynunez25 Jul 14, 2019

I purchased a vehicle in 2012. It's a 2011 Chevy Malibu. By 2015 i had already paid it off but Santander states that $30, 000 has gone to just interest. I still owe $11, 500.00 on it and I don't believe this is fair. I've paid 3 times the cars worth worth and I have over paid the amount that my contract states I should have paid for the car.

• Co
    Contessa1974 Jul 07, 2019

I have made 72 payment per them and my contract. Credit report and Santander stating I owe 79 payment, 7 more, no valid proof as to why. Late payments on credit report actually on time they won't correct.

• Ro
    Rocnuss Jul 06, 2019

I have made numerous calls about my payments and a representative has assured me twice that my payment would be noted to pull my funds on a specific date. Everytime they get my payment on the agreed time they submit late payments on exactly 30 days. My confirmations for invoice are always before the 30 day but it drafts a day after.

• Ro
    Rocnuss Jul 06, 2019

Andrea Burnham Jun 30, 2019

My car was total lost due to a theft and my insuracen paid their portion of the loan but gap did not pay the remainder. I called numerous of times against this matter now its on my credit with extra fees due to interest.

• De
    Dennis jellison Jun 05, 2019

No paperwork no title for 1 year and 6 months and pay my payments on time and still can not register or pay taxes for and that's a bad auto loan and go to court June 13th 2019 for second time and I have full coverage Insurance and pay 562.90 a month on my 2016 Kia Sedona every month and keep my Insurance paid every month of 110.00

• Te
    Terrisa-mcghee May 19, 2019

I'm almost 2 years into my loan with them at this point I have only 100$ in principle reduction and I over paid the first 3 payments by 100$ and they are making up late fees mischarging raised interest rates very rude unhelpful people on the phone it seems like usuary almost 90% interest rate

• Ck
    Cking40 May 19, 2019

They charged me 36500 for a 12 ford taurus i think is not fair they should be shut down because this is not fair the consumers they interest rates are terrible and they treat people with bad credit bad they are not helping us they are hurting us putting us in a lot of debt for a used car that's not worth it.

• Tr
    Trevino1419 May 11, 2019

When I pay lump sums they don't put it towards principal, even when I pay my regular payment more goes to interest than anything 5 yr note is now 6yr and still have 1-2 yr to go at this rate.

• Jr

Loan # 7798468
    Mortgage paid off 10/11/2012

• Gi
    Gina foster Apr 27, 2019

I paid my car note on time every year since 2008 without ever missing a payment, but it seemed what owed never went down. I'm finally finished paying the car off but it took years!! The interest rate changed and I believe I'm owed money!!

• Ms
    MsQueen Heike Honeycomb Apr 27, 2019

In 2016 I purchased my 2013 Acura my monthly notes are 595 a month the price of the car was 22, 000... here it is 2019 and my loan hasn't went down at all in fact it's almost at 30000 dollars

• Fa

Jamestown SC 29453

Black dodge charger

• Ha
    Hafeesa Alston Apr 21, 2019

I have been with the company over 3 years and I still owe 12k on a 2013 Kia Optima. When I got the car they told me a price 16+ but it is my 3rd year and it's no way that this loan will be paid in 4 more years. This October is the 4th year but the interest rate is so you will never be able to do what you need to do.

• Br
    Brettany Marie-danyell Sims Apr 21, 2019

I've had a 3 year contract with Santander consumer USA for 9, 500 and I've paid my payment of 357.00 and plus for 4 years. Well a few months ago my car was reposed saying I owe a total of 8, 000 what happened to my payments?? The car was a 2008 Toyota Prius.
    Contact me for more informations
    [email protected]

• Bj
    B.Jewell Jan 23, 2019

In June 2017 are a totaled lost due to an hail storm we had at the time we thought we had gap coverage and they said we didnt and we were stuck with 2500 and they say dont do settlement. Now they are harrassing us we pay them a 100 dollars amount and the balance seem to be incorrect.

• Da
    David Aponte Jan 22, 2019

I have paid my Nissan Quest for 3 years I'm been late here and there and they told me that I haven't paid nothing for my car they said I have more balance now than when I stared I have paid 18000 on this car and Santander said all the money has gone to late fees

• Ca
    Camrygirl Jan 05, 2019

Unfair collection, bad company overcharging consumers. I paid over 28k for a car and I still owe, they repossessed it and it was damaged 1796.00 and still damaged. Worst company ever, the charged off my account and said they
    Wouldn't. Still trying to make me pay 5500. I'm sick about this every day

Lapaix Nov 12, 2018

3 years after I returned a leased vehicle to Santander, they contacted me accusing me of damages and over usage of mileage. Charging me $16, 000. They are refusing to provide me any proof and refuse to remove the charges from my credit report. 2016

• Ta
    Tanisha L Smith Nov 05, 2018

Company ended up with my loan and lied about everything including my payment amounts and principal due.

• Ak
    Akele Dawson Oct 27, 2018

Im not understanding how ive paid almost 30000 for a car from you guys and i only owed 13000

• Bo
    Bob443 Oct 22, 2018

Yes my truck is paid off according to the paperwork I received stating in May 2017 it was paid in full now they are sending nasty grams about the truck they are really one screwed up company all they want is to make ones life miserable

• Us
    Uskimberly Oct 22, 2018

I wanted a settlement because the bill never goes down it is really hard to keep paying and the price does not go down

• Br
    Brittni cook Sep 18, 2018

My name is brittni cook and I would like to start lawsuit against santander for my auto loan financed from 2007 to 2017 actions;
    -2007 financed a 2006 chevrolet trailblazer for roughly $20, 000 ended up paying roughly $34, 000
    -sold my loan to a third party 3x
    -harassment phone calls
    -car was repossessed 3 times
    -LIST GOES ON AND ON

• Am
    Amanda Marisol Sep 10, 2018

illegal harassment and miss handling of auto loan
    unfair repossession
    refund and credit bureau relief
    intrested in joining the lawsuit

• El
    Elixabete Jordaania Sep 06, 2018

A cashier check for the pay off amount on my car was sent from Wells Fargo on Tuesday October 17 2017, it is now October 29 2017 and Wells Fargo says it was received, yet Santander is stating it was never received. My account number is 5869944. The correct account number and mailing address was provided on the cashier check.

john mckinney Aug 29, 2018

My 2016 Kai was rope on January 04 2018 and when they towing it drag in reverse masking the two tires up also when I got my properly my carob c .B. My gamer g.P.S my cud like10 my listen plate an farm was missing yours john McKinney p.S I would say about$1.300 dollar

Christine Colbert Aug 20, 2018

We keep paying and nothing is going down. Harassing 10x a day. This is our 2nd loan with them due to our credit. We had no choice but 2 of us have been harassed. Worst business ever and ruining lives

• Ab
    Abc789 Aug 20, 2018

I purchased this vehicle in 2015 it was 12, 000 now I know that wad too much then but I was desperate for a car now its may 2018 and I owe more on the car from the begining its a trap and I cant get out of because everyone say I owe too much what am I suppose to do. Please help

• Jr
    jrogers72 Aug 20, 2018

last year I was scammed out of $935. and the claims dept is REFUSING to give me back my money!!! Some one will need to contact me...its too much to write here!!! this is the SECOND time I have asked for my money to be returned to me! I assumed I was safe from scammers and fraud and now I'm being scammed by my OWN BANK!!! This is total BS!!!

• Su
    Supermom4 Aug 20, 2018

This company continuously calls no matter what hour it is. I have gotten a call as early as 7am and as late as 10pm! I am less than a month behind and they call as if I have a home being foreclosed on. When I have spoken to a woman she was rude from the beginning of the conversation to the end. Horrible. Never again will I go through them.

Sandi Blocker Aug 20, 2018

Santander USA is such a crooked company. I got car loan in 2013 with them for 12200.00 and after paying on the car 4 years they say I owe 13000.00. This company needs to be stopped. They take advantage of people and it must be stopped. The balance on their loans never goes down. We all need to ban together and sue them.

Anna Lipscomb Ellis Aug 15, 2018

Purchased a GMC Acadia and it was financed with Santander. I have been paying on this car for 5 years now and still owe $19, 000. My balance has barely changed and the car is no where near worth that.

They have also charged me outrageous fees that I have no idea what they are.

• Co
    Conya1983 Aug 15, 2018

Being over charged for a car that's not even worth 3, 000 dollars. I have already payed 15, 000 on a 2012 Dodge caliber and they say I still owe 10, 000 dollars.

• Pa
    Pauco868 Aug 15, 2018

I have a2013 Dodge Journey after 5 years my nace is 15000 how is this possible this is crazy, they take advantage of people wow