Souq.comdefective product

P

On 19th September I purchased a Russell Hobbs steam iron against order [protected], on the 10th October i raised a complaint to the seller of the product reporting the product was defective as it leaked. The seller responded 8th requesting a picture to be sent, which was sent on the same day. Receiving no response i escalated this matter via your dashboard to your CS on 10th October. By the 16th October I failed to receive a call, I called your office and raised a complaint, the cs checked with the seller and told me to contact him directly to discuss. The seller told me that he expects me to return a product to sharjah despite the product being delivered to Abu Dhabi. I have advised him this is not possible, the product is defective he needs to find a solution, I was told by the seller I had to call back Souq and arrange them to collect. I called souq they cant help they are just an intermediary are just a selling platform that offers no duty of care towards their customer which i find astonishing especially since I have been a customer with Amazon for years who are supposed to have bought Souq and the only reason i considered using your service!! The CS then contacts the seller again to be told he is on lunch for 2hrs and will revert back and she confirms she will raise a complaint [protected] and someone will return our call after 2hrs. No call, I phone again yesterday to your CS to be told someone will get back to me within 24hrs, again no call. The customer service is appalling, this product almost electrocuted my husband when it was in use due to the water leaking.

Souq.com