Sonywarranty?

A

Apparently the Warranty that comes with each consumer product that we buy is worth only the ink on paper and believe me it's really not worth that much.

I bought the latest SON Y 65" Full HD from Courts Tampines in November 2015 and after 3 months, it started to reboot/restart by itself for no apparent reason. I called Courts and was told by them that I should contact SONY directly, I did so and was guided by their customer service staff on the phone to do an update of software (which took about 20mins). On the on-set It seemed to have solved the problem but 2 days later it suffered the same rebooting problem. I called SONY again and was told that a technician would be send to physically check the problem.

The technician came and after doing a trouble shoot and another software update, I was told that "it should work fine". A few days later, it again rebooted/restarted again and gain and once more the technician came but left saying that he could not detect the problem. A few days later, it persisted in rebooting/restating by itself (which is very frustrating especially when you are in the midst of watching a exciting movie on HBO). Again I called SONY and was told to send evidence (video clip) to a mobile number. I sent 2 video clips expecting to receive a call with a solution ... preferably to replace the set but no one called.

I had to call a week later only to be told that the in-house expert technical team is still reviewing the video. Another week went by and when I called SONY, was told that I should go back to Courts Tampines (since i bought it from there) for a solution.

I went to Courts Tampines and was told that they will get back to me after checking with SONY to find a solution which might either be changing the motherboard or whatever.

I am very surprised at how patient I have become despite being kicked about like a football and made to feel worst than a pin ball.

It's now almost end April... I think perhaps they are hoping to stretch this for another 8 months to lapse the Warranty.

I am completely done with SONY products and swear WILL NEVER buy another SONY product. Caveat Emptor if you are thinking of buying a SONY product less you suffer the same frustration and tiring experience like I have.

It does not help that Courts Tampines are nonchalant and non-committal in any kind of resolution either.

I will give it another week then bring this matter to CASE Singapore and hope that they can help me out...

I am after all looking to have a TV that is working fine without any issue.