Sony IndiaNo online registration for cameras!

Hi,

I two weeks back i purchased sony DSC W80 digital camera. When i tried to register my product online http://sony.co.in or any sony domain, observed that for other than india, all countries have provision for online registration but not products bought in india why???

Its nothing but negligence of sony towards indian consumers?

• Ni
    Niranjan Bapat Jul 14, 2008

refer my earlier communication. My camera is with
    Chaitanya Electronics Pimpri
    Pune

my job no. with them is CE46383

• Ru
    Rupam Bhattacherjee Feb 22, 2009

Hi,
    I Strongly support the comment of my fellow customer of SONY Cameras. Even I purchased a SONY CYBERSHOT DSC W220 (12.1MP)on 17th February, 2009, and tried to register my product as i usually do for every purchased product. But I was shocked to find no provision for product registration in SONY India domain. For a Brand like SONY, this i feel is a severe issue in terms of Customer Handling, and should be actioned seriously as early as possible, so that we, in India can retain our trust and confidence in SONY products.

• Su
    Suman Ghose May 25, 2009

Hi,
    Well said. Even I am suffering from the same. I purchased a SONY CYBERSHOT DSC W210 (12.1MP)on 10th March, 2009, from Singapore and want to cover my International Warrant but I find no provision for product registration in SONY India. Its a same for SONY and complete ignorance for the consumer in INDIA. i don't
    want to keep any further transaction with SONY. its my first and last mistake and i have already paid price for it. thanks to SONY who taught me from whom i need to keep relation as a buyer.

• Su
    Surinder Singh May 27, 2009

Its very surprising that there is no provision for product registration. I purchased a handycam DCR-HC54E in March 2009 and tried to register the same in SONY INDIA.

I hope that Sony India will take care of this drawback and initiate the action on it to stop the diversion of its coustomers.

• Ra
    Ranjeet Jun 18, 2009

yes, indeed! there must be a look into this matter by the sony officials as product cannot be registered from india.

Sandeep Sukumar Jul 14, 2009

Yes there is no provision for product registration. I purchased a Digital Cam DSC W-180 series last week (July 2009 ) and tried to register the same in SONY INDIA.

• Mi
    Misbah Aug 07, 2009

Hi,

one weeks back i purchased sony DSC W-190 digital camera. When i tried to register my product online http://sony.co.in or any sony domain, observed that for other than india, all countries have provision for online registration

• Na
    nagadhar Aug 14, 2009

Hi,

Even I am suffering from the same. I purchased a SONY H50, from USA and want to cover my International Warranty but I find no provision for product registration in SONY India... Now i am loosing Faith in SONY to by Now onward...

• Sh
    SHIVAKR Mar 23, 2010

Hi Everyone thank you for the info as I was not aware that there is no provision for product registration in SONY India. I purchased a SONY W190 Digital Camera, from Hyderabd and want to cover my International Warranty but I find no provision for product registration in SONY India... Now i am loosing Faith in SONY...SHIVA KUMAR

• Aj
    ajitrai May 24, 2010

This really is shocking. Even i was surprised to see that there is no provision on Sony India Website for registering the products. I recently purchased DCR SR68E and wanted to register it. But then came to know that they donot have registration facility for India.

• Sh
    Shivraj Singh Nov 27, 2010

PLZZ TELL ME HOW N WHERE I CAN REGISTER MY " SONY W320 SYBERSHOT DIGITAL CAMERA" .I PURCHASED IT ON 26/11/2010

• Me
    Mehul E Jan 23, 2011

Yesterday (i.e. on 22/01/11) i purchased Handycam (HDR-XR550E) & for its registration when visited the sony product registration portal, it was found that INDIA is not listed for registration !! Just shocked !! Is this a kind of service sony provides for Indian customers??

• Pr
    Prudhvi Laxman Kumar Mar 11, 2011

Hi,
    I Strongly support the comment of my fellow customer of SONY Cameras.
    Even I purchased a SONY CYBERSHOT DSC T99 (14.1MP)on and tried to register my product as i usually do for every purchased product.
    Regards,
    Laxman

samjacobkerala Jun 21, 2012

Sir:
    I had purchased a Sony Blue Ray on 08-09-2010 with model No: HBD E-870 and with serial No: 3351754 as your dealer in Changanacherry M/s Bluemoon highly recommends abut this product. As one of his regular customer I had taken your product but on 5-3-2012 the center speaker (model no: SSCTB101 and serial no: 0006501) was not working and registered complaint with your service center in Thiruvalla. After several phone calls and service center visits I got a new speaker (model no: SSCTB101 and serial no: 0015214) on 29-3-2012 and charged Rs. 1450/- with bill No: 3385. Again on 18-6-2012 the same complaint again happened with the center speaker. I have given complaint on 18-6-2012 (complaint no: 8395). Mr. Krishnan Unni your service in charge of Thiruvalla service centre spoke to me very badly and he says that the complaint happened because I have used the home theatre with 95% of sound and asked very unnecessary questions. I already met your retailer M/S Bluemoon and explained him about the service centre dealings to customers. As the effort from the retailers side one person Mr. Arun visited my home and taken photographs of the blueray and said he will intimate me after a week.
    dont buy any prooducts of sony poor service madonna thiruvalla

• Km
    KmVenkatesh May 02, 2013

Hi, My Vaio Laptop often freezes.When i serviced it they said me that is an OS issue and made a Factory OS Install.Then the Laptop works fine for 2 months and then the same problem arises. They don't listen to my comments . Just simply say that is a Operating system issue.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices