SkyTours InternationalCancelled flights, no refund

J Sep 23, 2020

In January I bought a trip to a number of different Southeast Asian countries, (Vietnam, Indonesia and Malaysia) through Skytours International. We were supposed to depart on the 28th of June 2020. There were no issues until Covid-19 broke out and our flights were cancelled. Skytours didn't even notify us about this, instead I had to call FinnAir, the airline flying us most of the way, to get the information. I asked Skytours about this and since then (like middle of May) I have been in a constant email conversation with them about getting a refund. First, they told me to wait because most airlines had not refunded to them even... so I did. But on the 23rd of August FinnAir (where the majority of the payment was located) refunded the money to Skytours... not surprisingly Skytours did not notify me about this either, instead, once again, FinnAir communicated the update. I confronted Skytours with this and since then it has been nothing but excuses. They are offering me a voucher, but I want a cash refund, it is my right to choose in case the airlines cancelled the flights. I have filed a consumer complaint to both Swedish and EU authorities but I'm gonna go to all lengths to get my refund. The booking number is: QTSPLN. The original departure was from Copenhagen Airport with FinnAir. Let me know what other information you need.