SkyscannerRefund

V Jun 17, 2021

I sent the following email to Skyscanner on 16th June 21

Good Morning

With regards to the booking reference SKWUK-0058140, 4 tickets from LHR to DXB return on 5th April 21

I telephoned Skyscanner on 23rd February 21 to request a refund due to the current Covid restrictions we would be unable to fly to Dubai.
I chased this refund in April and on 14th May with Skyscanner and was told that still waiting for a refund from the airline.

I then called Emirates direct on 07th June 21, to be told that they had refunded the amount on 02nd March 21.

I then spoke to Skyscanner directly afterwards, still being told that waiting for the refund from the airline, I explained I had contacted the airline direct and they confirmed that a refund was sent to Skyscanner on 2nd March 21, I was then advised by the agent they would email the refunds team to chase.

I telephoned Skyscanner again yesterday, Tuesday 15th June 21, again to be told that still waiting for the refund from the airline, I explained to the agent all of the above and she said if I could get proof from Emirates that it had been paid, which I think is awful customer service, what am I paying the agent for??
I have since spoken to Emirates yet again and they again confirmed that the refund was sent to Skyscanner on 2nd March 21, I asked if there was proof he could send me and was told unfortunately not.

Where does that leave me now, this service from Skyscanner is appalling and would not recommend for anyone to use.

Can you please look into this and advise, and feel at least a way of compensation from Skyscanner is that we should receive the full refund sent from Emirates, instead of Skyscanner taking off their service charge of £110.00 in total

I received the following back

Hello Trevor,

Thank you for your email. Hereby we would like to provide you with an update on the status of your refund request.

Due to the current COVID-19 situation, the airline has canceled your flights. We act as an online agent between you and the airline you have booked your ticket with. This means that the amount you have paid for your ticket(s) has been transferred to the airline directly after we issued your ticket. After the cancellation of these tickets by the airline, we have sent the refund request to the airline and are waiting for their approval and payment of your refund. When the refund from the airline will be received, the account you used for the booking will also be used for the payment transfer.

In the coming period, you will receive status update emails about your refund, which ensures that we are continuously tracking your booking and the refund status. We kindly ask you to avoid sending emails to us about the status of your refund. Be assured; we are constantly on top of your refund request.

As a result of the impact of COVID-19 on the airline industry, these processes take longer than usual. The majority of airlines have announced that it will take several months to process all requests.

We are doing our utmost to get this process completed as soon as possible and we are in close contact with the airlines. We fully understand that the longer processing time does not give you a feeling of comfort. We deeply regret the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Best regards,
Vishal
Skyscanner Traveller Support

Clearly, my email had not been read properly,
I replied with

I am not happy with this response

You clearly have not read my email

Emirates refunded to skyscanner on 2nd March 21 it is now
16th June 21, it doesn't take 3 and half months for skyscanner to refund our monies

I will now be looking in to taking this further

Your service is appalling once again

and again the reply was as follows

Hello Trevor,

I understand it is annoying that you have not received the refund yet. I have checked the status of this and it is currently still pending with the airline.
When they agree to the refund and the refund has actually been received, the payback will always be made via the payment method you used when making your booking. So if you made your payment with a credit card, your credit card will be refunded. I cannot give you an indication of when the airline will pay back a refund. Refunds are currently taking longer than usual to process due to COVID-19. I cannot speed up this process for you.

I apologize for not being able to provide you with more positive news.

Best regards,
Vishal
Skyscanner Traveller Support

I then again replied with the following as I am not receiving a satisfactory response to my email

Emirates refunded on 2nd March
I have been told this on two separate occasions

So I am being told conflicting information from yourselves and Emirates

I will be contacting ABTA to find out where we stand on this because someone isn't telling us the truth

I completely understand what you are saying had Emirates told me the refund was yet to be paid but this isn't the case