Skagencracked glass

C

My partner bought me a Skagen watch for my birthday and I was overjoyed! Within a month the glass had cracked, I had to pay to talk to a help line who were no help. Just gave me an address to send it to. Cost almost half the replacement cost to fix, and now a couple of months later its cracked again. Both times I wasn't doing anything active. Today I was walking around a stately home. Hardly a place to damage a watch!
So so disappointed and not covered by warranty. Skagen I wish I'd read all the other complaints about you before I bought the watch. I will make sure I tell everyone I can what I think of your products and service. I should be getting a new watch.

• Ri
    Ribald Dec 21, 2015

I Have had the same experience, am not going to even bother getting it fixed but just throw it in the junk watch box with a couple of other failures, the inconvenience disappointment and cost involved by continually getting it fixed would eventually exceed the worth of the watch but the advise I will convey to other potential skagen buyers will cost skagen a lot more .

• Ro
    Rob15 Jul 05, 2016

I picked up one of my Skagen watches yesterday, it had been left to one side for a week or so, I found the glass cracked, it was not cracked when I took it off and from the way the crack has got worse over just an hour or so not, even being touched it appears to be under pressure from the sides of the watch case. The glass it would seem is to tight for the watch case, that could explain the other cracks I have read about. Not sure what to do now, would seem Skagen are unwilling to concede there may be a problem.

• Ly
    Lyndon Davies Aug 16, 2016

I had the same issue, no contact to the glass and yet a crack appeared. Put it down in its box (I hadn't long bought it) and yet the following morning the whole glass had circular cracks in it. Took it back to the shop who fixed it under warranty (well sent it away to be fixed, but it looked as good as new). Less than three months later, same crack/circular problem. Now I'm undecided what to do... do I try and get it fixed or simply write off £145?
    But one thing's for sure, despite the fact it was a nice, slim watch... no more Skagens.

• Gl
    glang Nov 21, 2016

I have had the same problem, my watch had it's third glass fitted and within a month it cracked, I was just sitting at my desk talking and I heard a crackling sound, we both stopped and looked at one another then I noted the sound was coming from my watch, I looked at it and watched the centre of the face separate from the outer edge, like magic.
    I complained to Skagen UK but they did not even reply, I complained again and they still did not reply, I wrote to Skagen in America and the replied asking me to write to Skagen UK, the address they gave me was the one I had written to,
    My advice is to stay away from Skagen or Fosil who I believe own Skagen.

• Fe
    Felicity Tharme Jan 29, 2017

@glang I agree. My watch glass has also cracked without me knocking or dropping it. So disappointed as given to me for Christmas 2016 as a gift. Don't but pay Skagen

• Dk
    DKarstaedt Aug 17, 2017

I'm glad I found this site, thought I was going crazy! My 1 year old Skagen watch crystal broke just like the one posted in a picture. I never so much as bumped it! From the appearance it looks like a stress crack, as if the glass is seated at an angle causing tension, or the case isn't square.
    From the other posts I'm not sure I want to bother calling Skagen.

• Bo
    Boggy Jan 04, 2018

I am so glad that I found this web site with comments about the Skagen glass cracking. I have exactly the same problem and while searching for the Skagen repair centre in Sydney I found this web site. I bought the watch because of the great looks. Shortly after it slightly cracked by itself. It stayed like that for a few months and then the crack expanded. I decided to repair it however, after reading comments on this web site I abandoned this idea. I fully support conclusion of others who experienced this problem which is : DO NOT BUY SKAGEN.

• Dk
    DKarstaedt Jan 04, 2018

Fast forward from last August to I believe September and I contacted Skagen about my cracked crystal. They sent me an authorization letter with instructions to send it to the repair center in Houston (?) and they repaired it at no charge other than a modest shipping charge.
    So far so good!

Jackie-Pearson Dec 09, 2018

I could not for the life of me work out how I had cracked the glass on my Skagen watch - after reading your comments I realise I might not have actually done anything wrong!
    I love the watch but can't justify paying half the price of the watch for replacement glass - I will look at having a third party fit a standard glass to it, thanks for warding me off this!

Jon Stone Oct 04, 2019

I’m first glass cracked. They wouldn’t replace it under guarantee. I paid for a new glass and that cracked in exactly the same place. Wouldn’t touch these crappy overpriced products with a barge pole. THE WATCHES ARE FAULTY AMD THIS CORRESPONDENCE PROVES IT.

• Hu
    Hugh Stevenson Oct 28, 2019

I was going to throw my watch away after replacing the crystal twice and it breaking unexpectedly... I have discovered now that I can buy the correct size sapphire crystal on ebay for about 8 USD. I measured the watch with a digital caliper to find out what diameter was required - you might need help with that...
    I was previously told that I had to go to a Skagen service center. Seems like crap.
    I hope it fits when I get it!

• Gr
    Grandma Nancy Feb 24, 2020

Had the same problem with my Skagen watch crystal cracking. LOVE everything about it: Looks, keeping good time & not terribly expensive. Over 4 years old so no warranty. Considering taking it to my local jeweler for repair! Hoping he can...

An Lecluyse Nov 21, 2020

Te koop. Skagen met sierlijk gebroken glas. 28 dagen na aankoop... record? Geen garantie, wat hadden we verwacht?????