Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car / rental car
I have recently rented a car from Sixt at Dublin airport (RA 5570937). I am an experienced and prudent driver, even driving on the left side. I have had the car for 10 minutes (!), driving not more than 3km, and white smoke came out of the engine. I have called roadside assistance immediately. They suggested that maybe I had started in third gear, but I am 100% positive that I did not, it was 1st gear. I am well versed in handling manual cars. I have reported that to the rental desk and signed a paper that I deny any responsibility. I had doubts about the car, because there was actually a half empty box of grapes on the co-driver seat when I picked it up; I had doubts the car was ready, but as there is no one attending in the car OCLC I took it and drove to my hotel. Now I see that Sixt charged the guarantee fee of 1.500 EUR. I deny any responsibility for this damage and would suggest that the car was not in good condition at pick up.
I would ask Sixt to release the guarantee fee to me.
More Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car Complaints & Reviews
- Sixt Car Rental - fraud & scam 
- Sixt - car rental 
- Kemwel - Sixt Car Rental - overcharged 
- Sixt Rent A Car - fraudulent damage claim 
- Sixt Car Rental - insurance fraud 
- Sixt Car Rental - rented van damage number sx-9053036712-1-683, m - rx 7456
- Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car - charging below the belt
- Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car - service and overcharging
- Sixt - car rental
- Sixt Car Rental - please never rent from them, they are scammers