Menu
L
Author of the complaint
10:18 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On July 22, 2021 I contacted Sirius XM regarding a charge to my personal Suntrust Bank debit card. I used to be a Sirius XM customer, but cancelled my service when I bought my new car, which has Apple passthrough.

I discovered today that my debit card had erroneously been charged $28.14/month for 8 months after my cancellation. I contacted customer support to request a refund of $253.26 to be given to me for what I supposed was an administrative error.

I opted to text an account representative instead of holding for an associate and was soon in text communication with Jonathan. Jonathan confirmed that I had no active accounts and could not identify any account that would validate my card being charged. He was courteous, but was unable to assist me in my request since he could not find a reason why my card was charged. He referred me to call Sirius and speak with a representative who could look up the charges using my card number.

I called and spoke to Krissia, who told me that my card was being charged for a 2018 GMC Canyon. I then spoke to Cynthia who insisted that the charges were mine, even though I drive a 2020 Hyundai Sonata, I am not an active Sirius XM member, and no one besides me has access to my personal bank account. When I asked to speak to a manager, I was put on hold off and on for over 20 minutes while she spoke with her back-office, and then a strange noise happened and the call was deferred to roadside assistance.

I called back again and spoke with Elle, who helped me to cancel this false account, cancellation # 622FWB520. When I asked her how my new card was even charged, she reported that my bank had given the new number to Sirius XM (after my last card that Sirius had on file was compromised). She offered to refund me for 2 months of service, a total of $56.28. Elle advised me to dispute the remainder of the charges with my financial institution, Suntrust.

I was a very happy customer of Sirius XM for years, which is why I assumed this was simply an administrative error. But apparently I had been paying for another person's account since 2018, though I thought I was only paying for my own account until I cancelled when I got my new car. I'm completely confused as to how this happened.

Bottom line: I was charged for service I did not receive at least $253.26, and at the most $984.90 (28.14/month since Sept 2018). I have sole authority to authorize my card for charges made to my debit account and never gave Sirius XM permission to use my debit card for a GMC Canyon.
After 2 hours spent with customer service trying to resolve this issue, I was given a refund of $56.28.

This is not OK.