Singteldata roaming

L

Hi There,

I was traveling around in May. I landed Hong Kong in 18th May from South Africa. I switched the south africa SIM card to Singapore Singtel SIM card upon landing. And I switched the Dataroaming off. But Immediately, I received a SMS from STM Alert saying there's a roaming charges of $50!! Msg says "data roaming will be suspended when you hit the data roam limit." So I thought I had to pay $50 any way for a limited data usage, and it will alert me when i hit the limit of $50.

But I switched data roaming off anyway and used wifi all the way. Till evening time on 18th, I turned it on for less than 5mins to use google map as i thought i have $50 allowance of data. BUT, very soon I receive another SMS from STM alert saying the data roaming charges is $250!!!

What a ridiculously unbelievable charge! I have been using Singtel for more than 10 years since I was in school. This is clearly unacceptable for me.

I would like to request for waiving the charges or reduce it to the minimum possible.

Thanks for your kind consideration!

data roaming