Silv CommunicationsSlamming

I was contacted by a person that represented himself as a Qwest Representative-He stated that since I was such a good business customer that he was going to reduce my phone bill charges. I repeatedly asked him if he was from Qwest and he stated "Yes, he was and that he was wanting to reduce my monthly business phone charges. " When I received my phone bill, I contacted Qwest and they told me that my long distance had been changed to another carrier and that it had increased my bill by$80.23 a month. I contacted Silv Communications at [protected], I was transferred to a customer service rep for Silva and after speaking with Megan was told to get online and file a written complaint. I am very distressed that in these tough economic times that there are companies that encourage this type of practice in order to do business.

RESOLVED

• Kr
    krispix318 Jul 29, 2009

The company I work for had the same thing happen to one of our Verizon accounts. I was able to get Silv to cancel their service but, unbeknownst to me, all the long distance service was canceled. Since I only pay the bill (and am not the one who agreed to Silv's offer), I had no idea that they became the long distance provider. Just be careful when you cancel with them - call Qwest and get your long distance turned back on!