Having problems with Sicily By Car?

800 334 440 (Reservations)
800 069 837 (Road Assistance)
+39 916 390 111 (Reservations)
+39 152 559 656 (Road Assistance)
Via Cinisi, 3
Fri8:30 AM - 8:00 PM
Sat8:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 7:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

Charged on my credit card 61€ for 3 times for paper work.

The plate number of the vehicle I have rented is FW685PK with your Company from 30/10/2019 12.29 to 05/11/2019 11.05 (rental agreement [protected] ).picked up from Bologna airport and dropped it of at Bergamo airport.
I have been Charged on my credit card 61€ for 2 times for paper work, about fines that I have never received through mail and now your are telling me that I will be charged one more time the same amount for the same reason (paper work for a fine). I have rented a car last October 2019 and I was supposed to received the mailed fines by now but nothing has Never arrived to my address.
Please let me know if there is really one or more fines, otherwise I am asking for a refund!

Panos Foteinopoulos

[Resolved] traffic violation

Accertamento Di Violazione n. 2562068/2019/P Pr. 231202/2019 I recently recently received an email on Monday...

credit card charges without invoice

Dear all,
We had a rental contact with you in january 2020 and we had a damage consisting in a broken windscreen. You have all the details in the attached invoice and rental forms.
Although you charged us for the windscreen, we didn't receive any invoice in order to be able to go the insurance broker that we paid when we reserved the car online.
Please send us all necessary documents in order to be able to send it to the issuance broker.
Rental agreement: 720.24.62.04
Car plate: fx019hj

extra charges 2 months in the row

We have rent a car from Sicily by car company at the 7th of October 2019. We pick up the car from airport...

haven't received deposit back

I rented a car through sicily by car in October in Catania airport. I was charged a deposit which upon returning the car I was told will be returned to my account in 7 days. It's been 3 weeks and nothing. I have sent emails and no respond. Horrible company. Not sure how should I proceed now. I'm not in Italy anymore. It seems like a fraud to me and regret I have ever used them.

car rental

I rented a car from the Milan airport on August 10th through August 17th. The car was paid in full and everything was ok when it was returned.

This past week, I have 2 charges on my credit card bill from Sicily by Car which must be a mistake. Can you please look into this and respond?

I have attached a copy of my rental agreement.

Graig Fischgrund
[protected]@gmail.com

Sicily By Car

supposed traffic ticket sent - charged twice for administration costs

Object: Rental contract no. [protected], date 28/08/2019 12.35, vehicle number plate FR964PD The above wa...

customer service

Apparently I received a traffic violation returning to the airport at the end of my rental.
Rental contract no. [protected], date 18/09/2019 17.25, vehicle number plate FW408VR

However the information came from a completely unrecognisable address

"ufficiomulte.sbc.[protected]@pec.it "

and as a result went into junk email - it was only by chance that I discovered it, but as a result I missed the opportunity to pay the reduced rate for the fine (now paid) and it was an additional 60 Euros.

Your communication should be clear its from Sicily by Car and I would request that you waive the 50 Euro administration charge to compensate for the additional cost caused by your poor communication.

Steve Edwards

customer service

rimborso caparra

Noleggio aeroporto di Brindisi il 18/07/2019; Contratto: [protected]; Targa auto : FW053VK From: Luigi Xerri...

I needed my car 4 extra days

Contract [protected], Renault Captur, license plate FW063YY, my name is Bjorn Stock I'm in Sardinië for...

extra charges

Dear Sirs, Today i have been charged for 157.4 Euro for a rental car (dated June 2019) I need to know more...

sbc does not return the deposit for more than a month

I rented a car through Sicily by Car rental company 12.09.2019. To my surprise I was additionally charged 360...

unauthorised credit card charge

Car Hired 5-15th September. Returned and signed out by operator as clean, gas full, no damage. €292 charged...

car rental

I had a very poor experience at the Fiumicino location this past August. The third party vendor had been very...

car rental in alghero

I hired a car from Alghero Airport in July. I received a different car from the one I book. After paying an extra insurance i gave back the car in perfect conditions. 3 days after, I receive a mail with pictures took many hours after I gave the car back, telling that due some scratches I should pay 215€ from the 300€ deposit I left there.
I wrote back telling that when I gave back the car those scratches where no there (the pictures had the time printed) and i send the pictures I took when I left the car.

No complain was resolve and now, more thatn 2 months after I didn´t receive back any part of my deposit. Nobody pick up the phone.

Neither my 300€ or the difference with the money they wont to charge came back to my account.

electronic key malfunction and charges due to it

26.09.2019 I have rented a car with Sicily by car in Cagliari. On my arrival the car was not the requested one and we found no one to inspect the car before departure.
24h later the electronic key stop working and on the return of the car 29.09 2019 we had been charged 350 euro without full diagnosis or inspection of the key.
This has been explained as a standard procedure for any malfunction of the key. I don't believe this justify the extremely high cost as we did not misused it.

Sicily By Car

payment not received, scam, ripoff, lies.

After renting a car at Milano airport in June the car we rented broke down (technical problem with the gear...

ripped off for gas

I rented a car in Naples Italy for one night - it did not have a full tank of gas when I rented it and this was noted on the check out form - I was told return it with same amount of gas. I drove the car one night - 70 km. Returned it next morning after adding about 2 liters of gas (3 euro). Check in lady at airport said everything was fine, deposit was returned. COuple of days later I see a charge from the company on my credit card. I booked through booking.com and asked them what the charge was for and was told it was for refueling. I called Sicility by Car - got a person who told me they had to put 20 liters of gas in car. I asked for copy of frattura for the refueling and a copy of the final reciept to see the odometer for my check out and check in (to show how many kilometers the car had been driven) He tells me he can't help and to email customer. [protected]@sbc. it I emailed every day for a week with no response.

Reservation [protected] Schmitt, William J

unauthorised debit card charges

HI, I recently hired a car for Alghero Airport. And I was waiting for the deposit for more than 2 weeks and...

fuel charge!!!

Hello, l rented a car from 12/9 until 15/9 but when l returned it was 04:00 a.m. so nobody was there to...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices