Shutterflyscam and cheating

I just placed an order for photos through Shutterfly's Web site. I indicated that I would be picking up the photos at my local Target store. Upon check out, Shutterfly is not only sending my photos to Target for pick-up, they are also sending a duplicate to my home. Not only are they sending me a duplicate I do not want. They are also charging me for them - including shipping charges. This is one of the worst online shopping/ordering experiences I've ever had... and I've been a professional Webmaster for 8+ years at a $3+ billion financial institution.

• Ha
    HateDysfunction Oct 23, 2008

Shutterfly has the most poor web design I've ever seen. It is so glitchy and nonintuitive to use and it's very easy to end up with inaccuracies and overcharges when ordering. I just spent an hour choosing the photos I wanted to print and once the order went through I saw the total number of prints was far more than what I selected. Even though I went through double checking my selected prints twice before I placed the order. Now I fear I won't even get the prints I really wanted. Also, their claim to give credits to you when friends and family order prints from your albums is a total LIE. I have never received one single credit even though huge amounts of prints have been ordered from my albums, because I have 4 of my friends' wedding albums on Shutterfly and they and their family members ordered prints. My mother has ordered prints many times. I hate lying liars and I hate bad website design for which there is no excuse in this day and age. I am only using the Kodak website from now on. Totally done with Shutterfly.

• Go
    Gordo Dec 23, 2008

Shutterfly lost my compete holiday card project! I entered over 50 addresses for mailings saved my work repeatedly. Logged off and signed back in to ensure the information was there. Placed my order. The next day I sign back in to determine the order status and the project and order are gone. They claim it was never entered. I have evidence to the contrary. This company and their web site is garbage. Recommend EVERYONE AVOID them.

• Li
    Linda Jun 05, 2009

I agree with you about their website but also hate the fact that they offer you a coupon and then share your credit card info with a scam company called Reservation Rewards that starts charging you $12 per month for a service you never knew you signed up for. And it's legal! So beware of online coupons and check your credit card statements every month. Never trust these bozos!

John NYC Aug 25, 2009

I was also ripped off by Shutterfly's "rewards" program. Although I don't even recall signing up for it, and I certainly never received anything from it, I recently discovered I have been charged $12 a month for this "reward." I had been a loyal customer but I am livid that a supposedly legit company would cheat me this way. When I complained there was no sympathy whatsover. They even insist I owe them for the current month. I may have checked off a box for "rewards" but it certainly wasn't clear that this was a monthly fee involved. Why would anyone willingly join such a stupid program -- like Hallmark charging you $12 a month to visit one of their stores! I am disgusted and would NEVER use this company again. Beware, check your credit card statement every month. I have had to cancel my credit card and get a new number to protect myself from this scam.

• Ib
    ibaby Nov 25, 2009

One year ago, November of 08 Reservation Rewards began billing me $12 per month for their services they say I requested. I had ordered some photos through the Shutterfly website and apparently didn't uncheck some box or something so they automatically signed me up for this service through an entirely different company. I never provided them my credit card information as they are claiming. I would NEVER knowingly sign up for this.

I have contacted Shutterfly and Reservation Rewards to get this issue resolved. RR offered me a refund of $72 (6 months worth)out of the $132 they owe me. I know I should have realized these charges before now but don't handle my own bills so it wasn't brought to my attention until last week. Then I saw the story on the Today Show yesterday that exposed this "fraud" or scam. RR has refused to refund the remainder of the $60 to me. My complaint is not just about the money but the principle that companies can get away with something like this. They should be shut down!

The only way we can stop this is to spread the word not to give Shutterfly our business. There are plenty of better photo printers out there! Spread the word.

• Agree. Awful, awful customer service.

We *need* to find a Shutterfly alternative before I go insane. They cropped our clients' thank-you cards incorrectly (every one of them), so we need to get them re-ordered. I verified the crop was wrong by trying to reorder. In our order, the word "Thank" is cropped halfway off. I called the pro line, and it's closed Sundays but they said to call the normal customer line. The "normal" line is India, and they said that they can't access the pro accounts.

So essentially, we're paying $100 per year to get *less* service.

• I also will never use Shutterfly again. I have already passed the word about my bad experience with EVERYONE at work who I have asked for them to spread the word to all their friends and family about my experience (unauthorized charge). NEVER AGAIN!!! Stay away from this business.

• Ar
    Aruiz Dec 11, 2010

Dear Shutterfly,
    Thank you for wasting an hour and a half of my time just to watch my work disappear. I certainly enjoyed watching the magic trick happens twice. Your website is crap and in my opinion no customer should have to work this hard to give a company their money.
    Thanks for wasting my time, now go to hell =)

• On
    Onthebrightside Jun 14, 2011

Shutterfly ripped me off! I dont remember signing up for the reward program yet they billed my credit card repeatedly without my consent or knowledge!

• Ri
    Ripped off 99999999 Sep 28, 2012

Shutterfly took my money for a photo book, and then I paid extra for delivery by a certain date. Haven't seen my product, yet. They just tell me more or less that there's nothing they can do about it. Really? Steal my money and don't deliver what you promised? CRIMINAL.

• Ro
    roxie cocoa Aug 23, 2013

I now get this message when I try to sign in___certificate error. This is not good.

• Dm
    [email protected] Mar 16, 2019

Purchased collar with dog name on it was very satisfied so I ordered the matching leash . Letters on collar are nice and big letters on leash are 1/8 of a inch do not want can i return ? I can hardly see it let alone be able to read it need glasses to see it .thank you, Marcia Maryniewski [email protected] include address where to return to.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices