Complaints & Reviews

unauthorized debit info to another company and unauthorized $ withdrawal

I purchased Christmas pics from Shutterfly in December and unknowingly and without authorization my bank info was given to Shoppers discount and Rewards and they charged $25.00 to my bank account. At first I thought I had made the error and canceled the enrollment but I read an article in my local newspaper and found this was happening to alot of people and the Attorney Generals office was invovled. Please help me in getting my $25.00 back. I also sent a complaint to Shutterfly. Thank You Angela Swink

poor customer service

This company does not stand by their full customer satisfction guarantee at all so beware before you order. They will allow you to return a photo album that is very poorly made with really bad quality pictures but you still have to pay $10 to $15 to ship the album back to them. So what kind of guarantee is this if it costs you money for their bad product? When you call customer service, no one an speak straight English. The quality of the call center is so bad that they had to transfer me 4 times to find somebody that could speak decent English.
Don't be fooled by their 100% guarantee. They will charge you for shipping the product back.

gave out my cc information

Shutterfly gave my CC information to "Reservation Rewards" who charged me $12 for 6 months, which I never authorized. When I called Shutterfly about it they immediately gave me all my money back, practically begging for me not to give them a hard time.

They were clearly in the wrong and it shocks me that a corporation would abuse a consumers trust- ESPECIALLY after I bought $300 in christmas presents off of them.

I'll now take my business elsewhere.

Maryo Jun 08, 2009

Hi Darcyx:

I just read your post and want to give you an official response on behalf of our company. It’s important to me that your concerns are addressed and that your issue is resolved. If you have questions or feedback, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-732-7031. Alternatively, you can contact me directly at [email protected] If you contact me directly, please reference this post.

Thanks,
    Mary
    Consumer Affairs

unauthorized charges

I ordered from Shutterfly.com one time in November of 2008. I noticed charges on my credit card that I didn't authorize and when I contacted the number next to the charge they told me that it was generated from Shutterfly.

Shutterfly wasn't charging it. Shutterfly had given my cc information to another company for some sort of 'shopper rewards'. When I contacted my credit card company the customer service representative told me that they've seen this often with Shutterfly.

I would strongly recommend that you avoid Shutterfly.com. They have nice products but horrible business practices.

John NYC Aug 25, 2009

I had the same experience and am totally disgusted. I have used Shutterfly for several years and was a loyal customer. Then I noticed a $12 charge on my card for a "rewards" program. Apparently, I had signed up for something that incurred a monthly charge. When Iasked what I got for my money, I was told a coupon for $10 off my next purchase! Unfortunately, several months had gone by before I noticed the charge.

I NEVER received any benefit and NEVER knowingly signed up -- who would? They were most unsympathetic and simply claimed I had signed up for it. Not once did I ever use or receive a "reward."

I was very disappointed that a company that I thought was OK, should cheat its customers in this way.

scam and cheating

I just placed an order for photos through Shutterfly's Web site. I indicated that I would be picking up...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices