The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Shoppers — customer service / cashier
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
Hi. I have been a loyal Shoppers customer for many years and have always been happy with the service I have received and the products I have purchased. However, last Thursday, November 15th, while purchasing products at the Bayview Ave. / Holland Trail store in Aurora, Ontario, I had a bad experience with the cashier. I indicated that I wanted the seniors discount, (I am 56 years old) and the cashier loudly replied, "You don't get that discount. You aren't 65!"
This interaction was troubling on a number of levels. Firstly, I have confirmed the age and received the discount at my regular Shoppers in Newmarket. Secondly, I was embarrassed by the cashier in front of the other customers. I was under the impression that it is a Shopper's policy to not question their customers regarding age. I certainly have a greater appreciation for that policy now that I was called out, embarrassed, and denied the discount.
Obviously, I will not be returning to that Shoppers store, and I am now hesitant to ask for the discount again anywhere due to my treatment last week.
I believe that you needed to be informed of this situation in order to take measures to ensure that it does not happen to any other customers.
More Shoppers Complaints & Reviews
- Shoppers Food Warehouse - awful place
- Shoppers Food Warehouse - customer service and food disatisfaction
- Shoppers - seniors day offers
- Shoppers Food Warehouse - 7-11-21 lottery ticket
- Shoppers Food Warehouse - poor customer service
- Shoppers - cheese sticks
- Shoppers - complaint of management
- Shoppers - cashier
- Shoppers - employee customer service
- Shoppers - I am complaining about shopper supervisor stephanie