Shopkoemployment issues

I am writing this complaint more just to let people know that they should even bother with applying for Shopko. I applied over a month ago for a part time postion with them and was shortly after called in for my first interview. it went good i thought because the next day i had my second interview this time with the Store Manager. Now after the interview i was told i would recieve a call within the next three days as to whether or not i got the job. No call ever came which i why i am reporting this complaint. I heard the other day on the radio about the 5 nastiest things employers have done when it comes to hiring new applicants and one of them is an apparent failure to do a courtesy call as to whether or not a person has got a job. Now cause of this i will no longer shop at Shopko ever again and neither will my friends or family. I feel anyone who has gone through this shouldn't shop at shopko eithier. i am spreading the word because i believe something needs to be done about this. This is ridiculous and i wont tolerate it. If Shopko is reading this, i will make you fall down, you will lose more and more customers. The word has spread.

• Ka
    Kalidude Apr 26, 2012

Just as well. Heard stories of managers sleep ing in Montana stores while in store. And employees that had caught them tell other teammates, but fear they will lose their jobs if they told store manager or HR

• Mx
    mxiong51 Feb 05, 2012

My professor teaches a sociology class. She was telling us about her horror encounter with Shopko from discrimination. To make this short, she is Caucasian and she adopted 2 kids from the Dominican republic who were dark skinned. Her son applied and went through the same steps that you did and at the end of the last interview they told him that all the jobs were filled. So my professor goes in to talk to the store manager about how she felt her son was discriminated against. They offered her son a job and she told them no. Why after all they have been through. I understand your frustration. Good luck to you.

• Re
    Realityhurts May 20, 2010

So let me get this straight... you're complaining about the whole company because you didn't get a call back after an interview? Not the ONE person who handles this stuff.

You're not ever going to shop at a store again because they didn't hire you, or call to tell you no thanks??

Sounds to me like they hit the nail on the head by not giving you a job. If you act like this because you got rejected by a company, I can't imagine what you'd do when a rude customer told you off. I can almost imagine the complaint...

... "I'm never going to help another person from Texas again! I'm telling my whole family and all my friends NEVER to go to Texas! If a Texan is reading this, I will make you fall down, you will lose more and more tourists! The word has spread!"