Shelter InsuranceTowing insurance that I have paid for & now not able to collect. Sounds like shelter has a lot of complaints. Wake up shelter insurance!

Everyone just loves "insurance companies." On our way home last Sunday from Missouri, my Monte Carlo pooped out on me. My oil light came on, then my volts light. After the volts light came on - she was toast - I had no acceleration, nothing. I had to coast to the side of the road - - over the Chain of Rocks bridge and almost to the canal bridge. Thank goodness she didn't quit on the bridge. Don thought maybe a belt broke, but no. It was dark and creepy out there. Luckily we were under a light. I called Beyers Towing - Mike was there within 45 minutes to rescue us. Towed to Benny's house so he could look at it Monday. Well the news wasn't good. My Monte Carlo's engine is dead. I have towing insurance - so I called Shelter Insurance, my agent - Jamie Planitz to let her know what happened. Well my call went to another Shelter Insurance - I'm assuming the headquarters. Spoke to a guy on Monday, told him what happened. He told me to fax or email them the bill from the towing company and that a representative would call me back. I emailed on Tuesday morning, never heard back from them on Tuesday. Wednesday - no response either - so I called and spoke to another person. She told me that another person from claims would call me. Finally heard from her and she told me that I am not qualified to get reimbursed for the towing because I didn't call a special number to have them send a tow truck out. Well - whenever I spoke with Jamie Planitz about adding tow insurance - she said that all I had to do was call and send them the bill. I found out yesterday that Jamie Planitz no longer works at Shelter Insurance. How nice - - The lady that I spoke with on Wednesday said that in the past I would be able to make the call, but now, we have to call a roadside service and they send someone out. So - now I'm upset, really upset. They're telling me I won't be able to get back my $125 for towing, that I've been paying for - - I ask to speak to a manager over the claims department - well imagine this - that person is busy at the moment. I have not heard back from them yet - - We have our house with Shelter Insurance, and cars. Isn't it just convenient for them not to call back? I have paid extra for towing insurance for a while - this is just not right. If I would have been informed that my agent is no longer with them and known about this "tow call" - I sure in the heck would have called. Shelter Insurance - this is not right at all. Better Business Bureau will be informed about this.