Having problems with Chem-Dry?

1800 243 6379 (United States)
1888 243 6379 (Canada)
1800 243 637 (Australia)
+1 435 755 0099 (International)
+1 615 806 8099 (USA & Canada)
+44 148 288 8195 (United Kingdom)
+353 18 303 940 (Ireland)
+64 68 797 828 (New Zealand)
+45 48 144 418 (Denmark & Sweden)
+31 165 570 610 (Netherlands & Europe)
+351 219 530 033 (Portugal & Spain)
+41 525 880 257 (Switzerland)
+60 391 713 122 (Malaysia)
+63 22 811 733 (Philippines)
+65 391 713 122 (Singapore)
+27 834 625 529 (South Africa)
+66 818 940 462 (Thailand)
+506 22 800 020 (Costa Rica)
1530 North 1000 West
Logan, Utah

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Chem-Dry.

Complaints & Reviews

Chem-DryCleaning solution and spot cleaning solution

All I can say is that the only words I have to describe them is "lies." The pitch was that the carbonated solution left no residue behind that would attract dirt. Well, the person cleaning my carpets dripped some of his solution on my entry floor - no big deal. But when I got to it, it had dried. And what did I find? A sticky little spot! No way I thought, not Chemdry. But sure enough I had to get a damp rag and wipe it up and it was sticky. Also, my wife mentioned that the spot cleaner felt like it had left a residue behind. No, I thought, not possible. So I tested it - squirted some into my and and let it evaporate and sure enough, it left behind a sticky residue. Then I sprayed some on my table top. Sure enough, it dried leaving behind a sticky residue.

How do they get away with such falsehoods for so long? If it's sticky, it will attract dirt. So they clean my carpet with a sticky cleaner, then give me a bottle of sticky spot cleaner - sounds like a great recipe for return customers who need their carpets cleaned ever more often as the sticky residue quickly attracts dirt.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Never again Chemdry.

AAA Chem DryThe cleaner used bad-quality cleaners and the mattress was ruined

Don’t use AAA Chem Dry (Tom Okeefe). I have heard that this company provided professional cleaning services, therefore I hired them. I needed to clean my mattress and the guys used wrong the cleaners and when I saw the mattress there were dirty spots and it became yellow. I argued with this man, because I paid $120 for the service plus taxes, but my mattress was completely ruined. Don’t overpay them.

Chem Dry — Franchises

I bought two franchises from Chem Dry in Feb 2014. I was told that a 800 phone number on their website wa...

Air fresh Chem dryPoor service

Very rude and incompetent carpet cleaners. Tried to Pull the bait and switch on the carpet cleaning price three times. Would not respond to our complaints when they wanted to increase the price of the cleaning more than fifty percent over what we were promised. Very deceptive with no customer service skills. Tried to make me pay fifty percent over the price promised when they knew it was too late to get another carpet cleaner that day. Very unprofessional. Avoid them and save yourself a hassle.

JAB84 Aug 10, 2015

There is always 2 sides to a story, being that I used to work for a Chem Dry for a long period of time, I know how this business works. It all starts with the condition of your carpet. I'm sure your carpeting was not maintained annually, you may have areas in your home where the carpet was heavily soiled and/or stained. When you receive a coupon in the mail the price advertised is not the "promised" price. That quote is based on carpet condition, if you actually read the coupon you would see that the cleaning price advertised is not for all the bells and whistles. If the carpet guy walks into your home and your carpet is trashed, there is no possible way to restore your carpet with a basic service. That's when the "up sale" begins, if it requires twice as much labor and cleaning product, the cleaning cost will go up twice as much from the original quote. That is how any cleaning business works, whether it is carpet, house, car, or washing your hair. If you want that hair dye that will hide your gray hair for 1 year instead of 6 months, you will pay "50%" more. So for anybody reading this and is considering a carpet cleaning service, look at your carpet, if it looks and smells like a toilet don't expect new carpet for the price on the coupon!!!

chem dry of Fayetteville, NChorrible service

As I write, I am sitting and waiting on the technician of them DRI of the Fayetteville, nc franchise to come and re-clean parts of my carpet. He was supposed to be here an hour or so ago. He would not have to come back had the carpet been cleaned properly the first time. There are still small stains on my bedroom carpet and a huge makeup stain on the carpet in the upstairs loft area. I will never employ this company again. Going back to Stanley Steamer, I think.

Aa Chem - Dry Of North Jersey — overcharge rip-off artist

This unscrupulous businessman arrives in your time of need, promises to do the complete job for your...

Ringwood

AA Chem Dry of NJ — Rip-off - Unscrupulous!!!

Please...please...please!!! Stay away from this company!! They are way too expensive and unscrupulous, which...

Chem Dry of Music CityThis is a very unprofessional business

This is a very unprofessional business. Watch out for the 'bait and switch'.

I got an estimate for carpet cleaning from Mike O. Based on his estimate, I made an appointment for him to do the work. I have a big house and it took 3 hours. Since I was moving, there was no furniture in the house. My SHOCK came when he handed me the bill. He had charged $100 MORE than he quoted. He denied that he ever gave me an estimate!! I paid the invoice amount because I didn't have anything in writing showing the previous price he quoted and I didn't have time to argue with him.

Since the carpet was wet, I wasn't able to walk room to room and inspect the work. The following day (Sunday), I inspected the rooms. In all he did an acceptable job; I would grade it an 8 out of 10; however the LAST room that he cleaned was undoubtedly the worst. There were visible splatters still out in the open!! This was obviously a rush job. Even the 'hose strokes' showing in the carpet were eratic and didn't go all way up to the base board.

I called him on Monday to schedule a time for him to come back out. He sounded like he was agreeable to that, and told me he would call me back. He NEVER called back. I've called him at least 4 times since then. He plays games like pretending he can't hear me then he hangs up and won't answer when I call back. I've left several voice messages, but he never returns my calls.

This is very unprofessional behavior. This is the old 'bait and switch'. He knew when he walked into the house this job would be more than he had estitmated. He should have taken the time to walk me thru and explain WHY he would have to charge more. Then we would have agreed on a cost or I would have told him "NO WAY".

Chem Dry — ruined carpet

Chem Dry ruined our carpet. The technician ripped the carpet while cleaning and admitted the mistake to my...

Lil Rhody Chem Dry — Overcharged Services on Card

Dry cleaned our drapes onsite--and provided invoice and charged card $100. more. Didn't find out until...

Garity's King Chem DryRuined very expensive Velour for $ 140.00

We called them to clean our living room furniture. Which is very expensive Velour and they used the wrong process to clean it and now it is ruined. We paid them $ 140.00 for the cleaning.

Action Chemdry — Carpet Cleaning

Carpet & upholstery cleaning I called the same company, that we dealt with last year & booked an appointment...

Toronto

Garity's Chem-DryPoor service

I too have been a 'victim' of Garity's Chem-Dry and so-called owner/rep named Tim. He was easy to contact to place an order with them and apply several up-charges, but when the teenagers came to clean our carpets, they were quick to leave and left us with an invoice with no contact information on it. They offered a 30 day re-do free of charge, but when I called Tim (after struggling to find his # again since it was not provided on the invoice), he never returned phone call. Needless to say, the cleaning was performed very poorly, and while we paid for protection (scotchguard-like application), it clearly was not performed. These two teenage boys who performed the cleaning spent only 30 minutes in our home of 2727 sq. ft. We have disputed the charge with our credit card company and expect to get a full refund.

ChemDry Carpet CleaningAwful service

We had a beautiful area rug that had been cleaned last year, 2006, by another cleaner, with no problems.
                This year we had visitors with a small dog that urinated on one corner of the rug. I was able to remove the stain but there was an odor that I could not remove.

Nov., 2007, I contacted a local rug cleaning company that specialized in removing pet odor. A worker came to our home, soaked the specific corner of the rug with a chemical, asked for towels to place under the corner and told us to wait 3 or 4 days until the rug was dry. Once dry, the rug was badly stained. I contacted the company and they said they would send the worker out again to correct the problem. The worker came and once again saturated the corner of the rug with the chemicals, asked for towels to place underneath and told us to wait 3 or 4 days for the rug to dry. Once dry, the rug was even more stained and also badly faded. The owner sent the worker out for a third time and the rug was removed from our home and taken to the place of business.

The owner phoned and told us that they had sent pictures to their home office who said that the problem was a ph unbalance (?) due to the fact that the rug had at one time been under water. When we contacted the home office they said they had no record of the company contacting them and no photo. The owner did return our money that we had paid for the cleaning but refused to turn the matter over to their insurance company and would not tell us the name of their insurance company We have a bill of sale showing where we bought this carpet and the amount paid, $715.15. We are at a loss as to what to do about this situation. It does not seem right that we should be out a lovely rug and have to replace it at our expense. Surely they must have insurance against this improper use of their chemicals.

• Cl
                    cleanrite1 Oct 05, 2009

The Company is liable for the damaged rug. Take them to small claims court! The judge will make the company buy you a new rug.

We run a "professional" area rug cleaning business, those kind of companies are all too common! They should not have done what tehy did for the stated problem you had.
                    Bottom line, they were unskilled and untrained! on how to properly clean an area rug!

-John Kellenberger, President of Clean-Rite Carpet & Fabric Care
                    www.cleanrite1.com

Chem Dry — Not professional carpet cleaning

I want to have someone to clean my carpet and I used Chem-Dry Carpet cleaning service in other state before...

Garity's king Chem-Dry — Ruined or Living room couch & Chair

We called them to clean our living room furniture Which is very expensive Valour and they used the wrong...

Chem-Dry — Scam and cheating

I must agree with virtually all of the negative comments left on this site by 'disgruntled' former...

ChemDryBad service

My wife and I use Chem-Dry for periodic carpet cleaning. Before our annual Christmas party we called Chem Dry and they sent a person out to clean the carpet. After our carpet was cleaned, it seems that ChemDry also cleaned out around $4, 500 in a 5 gallon change jug we kept in our closet. While we can not absolutely prove that Chem-Dry took the change (we don't have pictures), we know that the Chem-Dry person has been the only person in our home in 2008 that was not a friend (which would have been in our presence 100% of the time). The franchise has done nothing. BE AWARE and DO NOT leave people from this franchise unattended. This franchise will clean out more than the dirt in your carpets.