Sergeant's Gold Flea & Tick Squeeze OnSergeant's Gold is POISON!

HORRIBLE PRODUCT. Made my Cat Very sick and caused LIVER PROBLEMS, weight loss, lack of appetite and vomiting. This is a Horrible Product made by a Horrible Company. Please read all Internet reviews before using this product!

After Applying Sergeant's Gold as instructed, my cat immediately got sick. I called the Sergeant's 800 medical emergency line, and they initially told me this would be just temporary and it's normal. After contacting my local emergency animal hospital, when the symptoms didn't subside, they told me to WASH THE PRODUCT OFF IMMEDIATELY, IT'S POISON, which I did, but apparently it had already gotten into the cats system, causing liver Problems, lack of appetite, weigh loss, & vomiting. Over the next few weeks, and many many vet visits, we flushed they cats system with Daily IV fluids, medication and special digestive foods, and the cat is improving, so far.

I worked with Sergeant's corporate office to file a medical claim. The Vet spoke with Sergeant's verifying that these problems were directly caused by their product. We had the receipts, bar codes, Lot #s, blood tests showing the liver problems and everything that they asked for. This is an indoor cat, and she was given no other products or medication before she got sick! HOWEVER, due to the fact that we had the cat's ears rinsed of some minor ear mites AFTER SHE GOT SICK, Sergeant's decided that the LIVER PROBLEMS, were not caused by their product. They offered to pay $68.00 out of $662.00 if I signed a release form. This is a horrible company, that will not stand by their product and they WILL FIND ANY EXCUSE NOT TO PAY FOR DAMAGES CAUSED BY THEIR PRODUCT. I am in the process of contacting the FDA, EPA, media, Consumer Affairs, the Better Business Bureau, a lawyer, and will as filling out as many blogs as possible to warn people about this dangerous product and company.

• Ro
    Rob Nov 17, 2008

This product Poisoned my dog almost killed Her. Product should be pulled it happens all the time.

• Do
    DonnaWelborn Nov 26, 2008

I have two dogs which got fleas i went and bought the Gold brand put it and as was directed with in 30 min they both were throwing up, i wash it off
    and tried it later they started throwing up again and shaking will never buy sergeants product again

• Da
    Darci Jan 11, 2009

I applied as directed on my dog. He was restless all night long. When i woke the next morning he was drooling and acting nutty. He was still very restless and was wondering around like he couldn't get comfy. I gave him a bath with dishsoap and gave him some milk as directed by the vets. After looking into it online i have read nothing but bad reports.