SephoraI was treated like garbage!

K

I was just completely treated like garbage at the Sephora in Wauwatosa, WI! I am not rich, but I spend so much money there. No one was helping me (literally treating me like I was invisible when I did ask). I was looking for a replacement for my Kat Von D Lucifer Mascara. Well, none was on the shelf display, so I opened up the drawer underneath where all the extras go. I had been there multiple times where what I wanted didn't appear to be in stock, so when I asked a salesperson, they said, "Oh, well for the future, if it's not on display, you can open up the drawer and it almost always is down there!" Ok, so with no one helping me, even though there was a saleswoman directly behind me who would neither greet me or help me as I was hunting for someone to help... I opened up the drawer, not even putting my hand in it... just looking. So that got the saleswoman's attention immediately, as she jumped right behind me, and I quote... said the following, " MISS... YOU ARE MAKING ME UNCOMFORTABLE!" What just happened? I was treated by her like a common thief! Oh my goodness! I have NEVER in my life been treated that way by ANYONE! I didn't act, look, dress or behave as if I was anything BUT a paying customer! I am so appalled! I went to that store for the countless time to buy makeup and I was treated like garbage by one woman in particular! Everyone else was kind as usual! I don't understand! I had one young man one time assist me the entire time I was there, walking me around, helping me with everything! That is the kind of service I expect from an upscale store such as Sephora! I am so disappointed. I am going to purchase my makeup at the department stores where I used to from now on. I NEVER want to feel belittled like that again! I kept my cool to save for an email, but it took everything I had to walk away without saying anything after my purchases!

• Yo
    you already know23 May 23, 2011

The one in Madison, Wi isn't much better in my opinion. I was once 'followed' around the store by one employee I have not seen since. I'm not rich either but I spend almost $50 everytime I'm there. They have security guard in one corner and he constantly watches me. And I thought maybe its because I am in my 20's but sometimes people think I'm a teenager so they assumed I would cause trouble. Either way it's rude and makes the shopping experience uncomfortable. I like to take my time looking around but now I just hurry. Also I wanted to buy the Shady Lady palette from the Balm and they had 4 in stock. I opened each one to make sure none of the shadows were broke. None of the shadows were broke in the 4 palettes in stock but EVERY mirror in the palette was broke. An employee came over and offered help. I explained I really wanted this palette but all the mirrors were broke. She offered to check the back. She returned a few minutes later to say unfortunately they didn't have any in the back. Instead I bought a Kat Von D palette instead. I came back three monthes later thinking ok they must have restocked the Balm palette by now and they shouldn't be broken. This time they had 2 and surprise the mirrors were both broken. They had never restocked! I asked if I bought the palette if I could get a discount since the mirror was broken. They said no. I was surprised they were even allowed to sell broken products. This isn't the only time where I have come in to buy something and it's out of stock and I came at a different date and still out of stock. They really need to get better at restocking. Otherwise most of the employees are very polite and helpful.

• Ka
    Katerae5 May 24, 2011

you already know23...
    I appreciate your comment! I find that several of the employees are not knowledgeable on where their product is even stocked. If it is stocked below in the drawers, it should be refilled. And I'm shocked that the palettes you wanted- the Balm- had broken mirrors and they wouldn't even give you a discount! Ridiculous! As a store, they need to stay on top of those things and complain to who they get their product from. Very disappointing from such a high-end store!

• Ka
    Katerae5 May 24, 2011

PS... I'm in my 30's, very well dressed and they still treat me like a thieving teen!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices