Selene Financeloss draft department

M

This is the worst mortgage company ever. I had a tree fall on my house 6/18/15 and knocked my meter base off so I had no power. I received my check from insurance company on 7/14/15. My insurance company ended putting my name nekita and selene on the check. I could not cash the check because selene had to sign off on it. I overnighted them the check paid $14.95 to do that. Called and confirmed they had the check and they did. Had to send in all this paper work from my contractors to sign conditional waiver lien, bidders contract, w-9, intent to repair forms. I sent in all this information called to follow up and they stated my bidders contract from one of my contractors was lost in the transition of them moving the loss draft department. So I had to resend bidders contract. I'm not sure how it was lost when everything is scanned in a computer and they kept telling me they are looking at the documents in computer and not able to find it. They told me my check was mailed out last week and I should have it 9/8/15 by it being a holiday. Then on top of that I spoke with them today 9/10/15 to check on the status of my check and ashley informed me that the checks were improperly printed and they have to redo them and they will overnight to me. I have never dealt with anything like this before, they are incompetent, they kept lying to me about everything. As soon as I get these checks for my contractors I am changing mortgage company. They will give you the run around like it's there money. I am so over them.

• Mw
    MWashing Jul 20, 2018

Different year, same story. I could not believe what I was reading above! We are getting the same lines from Selene Finance. We sent our check along with the required paperwork the first week of June 2018. After they ran out of "approval processing days" excuses and "check processing days excuses " they first told us that the request was kicked back because we had requested my husband's name be removed from the check, when we had made no such request.
    Then they came with the same [censored], as above, of the check being "improperly printed" and having to be reissued. I am SO willing to be part of a class action lawsuit. Anyone else on board?

• Da
    Dale Desmond Aug 27, 2018

@MWashing Yes! This is a 1% normal way of hurting us. I'm dealing with Champion Mortgage/Nationstar/WHIH/Mr Cooper. My mothers house suffered a fire a year ago. The insurance company has paid $250, 000.00 to my mom, and the mortgage sharks. My mother has never been delinquent with her taxes or her home insurance, but the draft loss will not release the insurance proceeds. As a matter of fact, my mother actually signed her original mortgage contract with Bank of America in 2008, but then they sold her account years later. I have a problem with this because I can now prove that the mortgage company without notice, changed the terms to ALL of BOA 3 million reverse mortgages"BOA Draft Loss "Process Guidelines sold. This is a breach of contract, with lender liability's. The terms of the BOA Process Guidelines which my mother agreed were fraudently changed, and I'm going to sue the mortgage company for at least releasing their lein. I'd gladly join you for a class-action lawsuit!

Jayabee Dec 09, 2018

Same exact lies to me. 8 weeks and counting. No check

James mills jr Feb 27, 2019

Our check has been held hostage too. I have spent over 100 hours trying to get them to release my money .
    I have been lied to just respected and told her not to call anymore by various agents. I was told my check was sent on four separate occasions and today told again that it was sent. I was then notified by a supervisor and customer service that my money sits in a restricted escrow account, and that the money is in my restricted escrow account but it really isn’t. I don’t deal with stupidity or incompetence or lies very well being told my money is in my account but it really isn’t as disturbing. I have talked to dozens of representatives. Sent six emails. And I am still no closer today than I was at the beginning of January. They pay staff to intentionally lie to customers who pay their mortgage on time have a great credit and have been patient. What I learned today was when a company holds an asset that belongs to an individual they are in violation of civil theft, Civil theft Is punishable by up to five times the amount that the company has kept from the homeowner .
    Selene Finance is also in violation of your mortgage agreement. In the agreement it states that they are responsible to handle lost draft from insurance companies in a timely fashion. In my case this is not timely this is neglectful dishonest and is causing me and my family rate emotional duress

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices