SelectBlinds.com Logo

SelectBlinds.com

Having problems with SelectBlinds.com?

SelectBlinds.com reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 11, 2008. The latest review Roman Shades (Select) was posted on Mar 27, 2020. The latest complaint Poor Quality was resolved on Jun 18, 2014. SelectBlinds.com has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 23 reviews. SelectBlinds.com has resolved 9 complaints.

SelectBlinds.com Customer Service Contacts

Sat8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Sun8:00 AM - 4:00 PM

SelectBlinds.com Complaints & Reviews

SelectBlinds.comRoman Shades (Select)

I wish I'd read these reviews. I stupidly believed the company's "100% satisfaction" guarantee. No way. These were VERY poorly made, cheap and pinched at the top, terribly wrinkled (steamed until the fabric lost all substance without improvement) and black shading on the white material. "Customer Service" (if that's what they call it) strung me along forever, asking for more pictures repeatedly, insisting that I needed to steam them again, etc. finally they refused to refund/credit/allow return. NEVER ever deal with this company. And please, doe the rest of us a favor and submit a BBB complaint as I did. The worst company, worst product and worst customer service I've ever dealt with. horrible product, worse company.

SelectBlinds.comorder roman blinds

I order two roman blinds for my kitchen. I told the sales rep I only had ¾" depth for mounting and she recommended the designer series, so place my order. When I received my blinds the mounting bracket was 3" depth and don't mount to my windows. I'm trying to resolve this issue with Select Blinds. Also the material and the craftsmanship were very poor. I'll never buy there again.

order roman blinds

SelectBlinds.com — customer service

order 4862*** Blind valances came in cut wrong, missing pieces and one blind did not work. The customer...

SelectBlinds.com — lack of customer service

What a baggy website! I would recommend you to stay away. I myself can't wait when I will finally be free...

SelectBlinds — very stressful experience

I have ordered an item from www.selectblinds.com and later was contacted by the representative of thi...

SelectBlinds.comCustomer Service

My problems:
      1. My original item was back-ordered
      2. When I tried to get this item changed to an available item the staff was very nice and when I explained that I needed the item soon offered to rush my order. Supposedly it was changed and would be delivered that Friday. It never came.
      3. The following Monday I contacted them again, they were apologetic and said the blinds would be here by yesterday, assuring me that this would be the case. My blinds did not come.
      4. I contacted them yesterday and today and they do not know the status of the blinds being shipped, are unsure if the blinds have been produced. They promised to call me yesterday, they did not. They have stated they will call me today, I am still waiting.
      5. Select blinds is not the manufacturer, they are some company who works loosely with a manufacturer and it takes 8 hours for them to get a response back and then they may or may not be able to help you.
      6. GET BLINDS FROM A DIFFERENT COMPANY IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER OPTION!

SelectBlinds.com2" express faux wood blinds

Do not buy from this company. This company Select Blinds has horrible customer service. I ordered a specific size, the blinds arrived with the correct size I ordered on the shipping label on the outside label but the blinds themselves are 1/2 to short. When I called customer service they indicated that they choose to cut the blinds 1/2 short. They asked me to return the blinds which I paid one hundred dollars for and pay another one hundred dollars for a correct size. Therefore asking me to pay double ($200) for blinds.

Order number: 3848820

Reported them to BBB, reported them to my credit card company, reported them to Google, reported to complaints board, reported them to Facebook for misrepresentation of products and fraud.

Do not buy from this company

SelectBlinds.com — Product Representation, Guarantee and Customer Service

Order # 5604779 We ordered five top-down, bottom-up cordless honeycomb shades and spent more than $630 on...

Select Blinds — customer service (lack of)

I have ordered from them before and was completely satisfied, so I didn't hesitate to order again. I...

Select BlindsPoor Quality

I wish I had read these reviews before placing my order. Contrary to what others are saying, in my experience customer service agents are very friendly and try to do their best to please their customers. HOWEVER, I have had issues from the beginning, starting with my order. They added two items in error to my order which I became aware of when I received an email from the production department asking me to confirm the kind of power source I wanted for my motorized blinds (which I had not ordered). It took two calls from me to get things resolved. My order finally came in and I am very disappointed by the overall look and quality of the product. They are very flimsy and in addition they are defective. Where is their quality control?? I did call and was told that all they will do is give me a store credit. I explained that I have no confidence in their products and therefore wanted a full refund. I am waiting for a manager to call me back... let's see how long it will take... or if they will even call back... The old saying is worth remembering... you get what you pay for...

RESOLVED

I did contact my credit card company and a full credit was placed on my account while they investigated. Subsequently, Select Blinds agreed to refund my money. Lesson learned: Always pay with a credit card so as to have some recourse if something goes wrong!

• Un
              Unhappy in ATL Sep 25, 2014

Update to my complaint:
              I did contact my credit card company and a full credit was placed on my account. Subsequently, Select Blinds agreed to refund my money. Lesson learned: Always pay with a credit card so as to have some recourse if something goes wrong!

Select Blinds — False advertising

This company falsely advertises with their 100% satisfation guarantee. You have to order samples first on...

SelectBlinds.comthey refused to remake too wide blinds

We ordered 4 solar blinds with cassettes which give the product a finished appearance. The cassette makes the total blind wider than just a blind would be, Two of the 4 blinds arrived wider than the measurements we gave them and therefore would not fit the window openings. They agreed to remake one blind if we paid shipping to return the bad one to them. These are heavy so the cost would be considerable. We would have to purchase a new blind to replace their second mistake. We spent hours on the phone with them with no admission that they made the mistake. We will never do business with this company again and recommend that others look for another source of blinds for their home or business.

SelectBlinds.comBait and switch

You people are the worst!!!. You lead people to believe you are cheaper when in fact all this is is a bait and switch!. I bought my blinds and was told I would have them within 10 days. Its three weeks later and I still don't have them

When I called I was assured they would be here on or before the promised delivery date and they still haven't arrived. To top it all off When I complained I get the dumbest response of all..."If you had bought the more expensive ones we would have shipped them to you faster"

Can you believe this.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! THEY ARE FRAUDSTERS!! BAIT AND SWITCH ARTISTS WHO GIVE GOOD BUSINESSES A BAD NAME. I HOPE THEY GO OUT OF BUSINESS SOON SO MORE PEOPLE ARE NOT SUBJECT TO THEIR DISHONEST PRACTICES.

SelectBlinds.com — Sexual Harrassment / Wrongful termination

An open letter to the wife of VP of Operations, Nate Kennedy: Natalie, Your are being contacted now...

SelectBlinds.comBlinds did not fit

So far I have been very unhappy with Select Blinds. First of all when I received my blinds they were already dirty. Not a good sign, but I decided I'd accept it since I it was on the outside and I would never see it. Then when I went to install them, none of them fit. They were all too big. I called customer service. The number on their site for claim, didn't work, but the other number did. I spoke to customer service she explained to take a close up picture, which I did and sent it to them. A week later, I heard nothing, so I called again the one phone number didn't work. Then I spoke to someone else, who told me that the factory hardly ever makes mistakes and I needed to send more pictures. They way they said it, made me feel like they thought I was lying or something. I took 6 photos per blind and resent it to them. Since I spoke to them yesterday, I wanted to call to confirm they received them, but now neither phone number on their site is working. I am very concerned and disappointed by this company. There have been so many good reviews, so I wanted to be sure everyone knew about my bad experience

SelectBlinds.comRip Off!

I’ve had a really unjust experience with Select Blinds!!! In short: I ordered blinds from them according to the tab on their webpage entitled “How to Measure” In the end it turns out that their own webpage omitted important information contained on another page that is NOT referenced on the “how to measure” page. The company then blamed me when the blinds did not fit!! This company does not do business in good faith! Please beware, this is NOT a company to trust. My order number was: 2117521 so that Select Blinds can not say this was not a real order...why would I go to all this trouble to complain if this didn't happpen?

Select Blinds — Roman shades

When trying to order the shades, I emailed the company twice and called twice. They did not answer my email...

Select Blinds.comBlinds cut wrong and order wrong

I ordered five blinds with cloth tapes. I received four blinds with tapes which were cut wrong, my husband had to fix them, one blind without cloth tapes. They have poor customer service, I had to hold over 30 minutes to be told it was my fault. They ordered me a correct blind, however, I had to pay for it, supposedly gave me 50% off and had to pay for the cloth tape. Their website was down when I ordered originally, so I phoned in the order and specifically told the guy that I wanted all with cloth tapes, obviously he did not do it. Now, one of the tapes came apart at the bottom, some kind of wood plug came out, I would call to have them fix it, but why bother? It won't be their fault as they would say. I will never order from this company again, after their big 30% off and one free blind, my order was still $446! My friend went to Home Depot and paid less and got better quality than I did. Beware of internet, be sure to read all the reviews and take the complaints seriously.

• To
                        Tommy Weigle Jun 05, 2013

I ordered blinds for the price, and Satisfaction Guarantee! The blinds were not delivered in 5-7 days as they stated. The blinds arrived almost three weeks later, were of very low quality, and not the color we ordered. There were no installation instructions, but I am handy, and was able to install one of the blinds. The pull strings did not function properly and the strings were so thin I knew they would not last long.
                        The next day I called customer service to return the blinds, naively thinking they would honor the '90 DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEE'. I was told that because I did not click on the 90 DAY Guarantee, read the 'Conditions', and request a sample before I placed the order, I could not return the blinds and could not get my money back! There is no direction on the Selectblinds website to go to guarantee conditions, and the condition to request a sample or the guarantee is basically voided, is lower on the page, after the proclamation of 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
                        The customer rep sounded like she could care less that I was not getting my money back, and I should have somehow known to click under the guarantee to read the fine print.
                        Big time, stay away from this company!!!

SelectBlinds.comScam

I ordered 3 custom blinds online. My credit card was charged and I received a confirmation email saying that my card was charged and I the blinds will ship in 1-3 days. One week passed, then two, then three.

After being hung up on by customer service, they explained to me that the color was not available and I quote verbatim, "The email explaining that the color was not available was forwarded to management on November 30th, but they blew it off."

So, they had my money for 3 and 1/2 weeks, then cancelled the order without ever mentioning a word.

Stay away from Selectblinds.com and other companies who take money and return it later. They use this as cash flow, black/red statements, and outside investment until they pay you back. A Ponzi scheme if you will.

SELECTBLINDS.COM IS A SCAM!

• Se
                          Selectshops.com Jul 06, 2011

Dear jessie1971:
                          Please accept our sincere apologies if you have placed an order with our company and have experienced any frustrations. As I don't have the benefit of an order number or enough information to verify an actual order, I would like to communicate with you directly in order to resolve any open issues.
                          While inventory and/or supply issues infrequently arise in our business, we pride ourselves on our communication and service efforts. In the event of any supply shortage, we immediately contact our customers to provide service and options (alternate product, await arrival, cancel order). To be sure, Selectblinds.com is a well-funded and established company which has provided services to hundreds of thousands of customers nationwide. Reading your characterization of our company, we can see that frustrations have prevailed.
                          Therefore, I would love to have the opportunity to provide assistance. I'm confident that we can quickly resolve any open issues. I'm at your service and our goal is your satisfaction.
                          Best regards,
                          Sean B. Ardry,
                          Customer Care Manager, Selectshops.com
                          [protected] Direct
                          [email protected]

SelectBlinds.comDeception and Poor Quality

THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY THAT I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH!!! My experience is similar to many of the other complaints.
                        I first placed an order in early August 2010. A few days later received the email "You will be pleased to know your product is so popular..." and a delayed ship date of 8/16/10. Then after the ship date a new email arrived saying the ship date would now be 9/1/2010. Now my radar was up. I called and after many 45 minute waits - I was told that the item was held up in customs and would not arrive until at least 9/30, with no guarantee. Instead, they pushed me to another, more expensive product. They "gave" me additional discounts for my trouble, but I was still spending over $100 more.
                        When the product arrived there were multiple problems.
                        The size was NOT CORRECT, the blinds were wrinkled and uneven, there were sharp metal dowels sticking out on each end, plus other issues.
                        I called again, with more 45 minute waits, and was told they would remake the product.
                        By now I was skeptical, and documented that I only wanted the remake if they could correct the problems. I received no confirmation and sent 2 more emails, the last being that if I did not hear back, I would cancel my charge with AMEX. I was told that I could return the product but I was responsible for shipping. My stance is that since the product is defective and the wrong size selectblinds.com should pay for shipping - which they refused.
                        I cancelled my charge and the 2nd set of blinds showed up - worse than the first.
                        8 weeks later, AMEX found in favor of Selectblinds.com because the company sent a letter full of lies stating that I was trying to get merchandise for free and that they offered free return shipping!!!
                        I have now reopened the dispute and the battle continues.

• Am
                            Amy Si Nov 30, 2010

I had the exact same experience and have been battling the charge with AMEX for over 2 months now. Unfortunately, AMEX found in favor of selectblinds.com when they received a letter with all false information. The letter from selectblinds was full of lies and I have over 10 pages of email documentation to prove it. I have now reopened the claim with AMEX. The battle continues