Seccion AmarillaFraud

Seccion Amarilla has engaged in a repeated fraudulent activity of rackeeting, this time the victim being the US Goverment.
Exploiting the Ntl Flood Insurance program of FEMA they have sold advertising space to the expense of FEMA at rates between 6 to 1o times HIGHER than they charge regular clients and to lure insurance agents to participate they throw a kickback of free advertising in other sections, deal which is kept hidden from FEMA. Someone must stop their frauds, they have done this in Chicago, Tampa, St Louis, Tulsa and Chattanooga. Voice your concerns to their CEO Juan Reffreger at [protected] or their faux HR director Loren Maldonado at [protected]

• My
    MyEthix Oct 21, 2011

Disappointed, you would be out of your depth in a parking lot puddle. If manure were music, you'd be a one man brass band! There are plenty of people who have PROOF of what went on there and who have not put it out there... yet. Do not mistake the silence for absolution of what has gone on in your little house of horrors. And do not talk about people not using their real names on this board - I do not see you using your real name, either -- so put a sock in it.

• My
    MyEthix Oct 21, 2011

No one here really even knows the half at what has gone on at that company. Apparently, they've FINALLY fired Juan Refreger - you know the short little Mexican wanna-be Jonathan Blue with the Napoleonic complex? Yeah, THAT guy. He gives certain English words a whole new meaning... words like inept, incompetent, racist (he HATES Americans!), whiny, abusive, lazy, jealous, mean-spirited. I could go on... but for the sake of brevity, I won't. Juan is a Mexican National and the ONLY reason he is here is because he is sponsored by Johnathan Blue, wealthy businessman out of Louisville, KY. Juan went to go work for Seccion Amarilla, a violation of his work visa - and while there was very derisive about Jonathan behind his back. He's jealous of Jonathan because he's constantly in his shadow and can't seem to get out and make his own way without totally and completely screwing things up. If you look at the guy's work history, it reads like this (my paraphrase): I worked for my daddy in Mexico and now I'm working for my quintessential big brother, Jonathan Blue, in Louisville, KY. I did have a couple of years where I had to essentially go it on my own, but I kind of messed that up and they fired me, now I'm back under Jonathan's wing and HATING every minute of it because I'M not in control!!" Of course, now that he's been summarily FIRED from Seccion Amarilla, he's run back to Louisville, KY with his tail tucked between his legs and is once again Jonathan's whipping boy. I say 'whipping boy' because Juan is a VP in name only... because Jonathan and Juan's fathers were friends, Jonathan looks out for Juan - all of his ineptness aside. I think if Jonathan knew the things that Juan has said behind his back in an attempt to play the 'big man', he might have a different take on Juan. As for Juan, if he was given half a chance and knew that Jonathan would never know OR that Jonathan was down and out, he'd stick a knife in Jonathan's back in a New York nano-second... maybe Jonathan's smart enough to know that... maybe he isn't. Either way, I've seen Jonathan make decisions that were less than, let's say ethical, in order to protect Juan. And don't get me started on some of the people they've had working there, Sergio, Loren Maldonado, Maria Pena and her 'assistant' Yana - the biggest bunch of liars, thieves and losers on the planet! Talk about screwing up a company. Carl Slim could personally send a thank you note to each of these people for the demise of a once profitable company - but then he could also thank all the rocket scientists he has working in Mexico, as well. You can't do business in the states the same way you'd do it in Mexico... but boy oh boy, they sure were trying... and you can see how well it worked out. Pffft. I say good riddance to them.

Maria Jul 09, 2011

Seccion Amarilla, the unstoppable king of fraud...judge for your self. A copy of a company who didn't get what he paid for, but was forced to pay.

• Ro
    rocky21 Sep 01, 2010

This compiny is a total fraud, I know for a fact, I have been scam by them

• edukateu Mar 16, 2010

This is the way I see it. If you disagree, you have a right. Seccion Amarilla is like a police force. Not all police officers are good, neither are all SAUSA employees. The most important thing is to remember the company's mission/objective. My experiences with Seccion Amarilla were great!
    I am unsure as to why or how you guys have had the negative experiences you have had but I pray that all eventually goes well. Peace.

SAUSA Victim Mar 13, 2010

The office of Seccion Amarilla in Los Angeles has closed. At last!
    This theives are on the run, its time to shut down all the offices and leave the US, you guys have abused and robbed enough.

Martin Gondra Jan 22, 2010

Anything said against Seccion Amarilla is going to be short of how bad this really is. As ex Sales Director I have seen things at all levels and in all areas, as no one can even start to comprehend. This company should be taken to court and put out of business, starting with Jonathan Blue in Louisville (KY) and his CEO, Juan Reffreger (a true piece of work), and everyone involved in their acts at their corporate offices in Miramar (FL). They are just common thieves operating from an office. - Martin Gondra.

• Ru
    RUN FROM THIS COMPANY Dec 06, 2009

IF DISSAPOINTED IS ACTUALLY A SALES REP HE IS TO NEW TO KNOW WHAT THE HELL HE IS TALKING ABOUT. HE SOUNDS MORE LIKE THE COMPANY ATTORNEY. THIS GUY HAS THE MORELS OF A NAZI. EVERYTHING MARIA AND COME CLEAN SAYS IS CORRECT. DISSAPOINTED ONE THING I CAN NOT STAND IS SELL OUTS TAKING ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE IN THE NAME OF LATINO PEOPLE! I PROMISE YOU ONE DAY YOU AND ALL THE INDIVIDUALS INVOLVED IN YOUR LIES AND THREATS AND DISRESPECT WILL PAY. LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST NOW. AND BEST BELIEVE WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND. TOMORROW YOUR JOB, MONEY, AND FAMILIES MAY BE THE ONES HAVING TO DEAL WITH ALL WE EX EMPLOYEES AND CUSTOMERS HAVE. GOOD LUCK AND MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOU FOR ALL THE LIVES YOU SO NEGATIVILY EFFECT!!!

SAUSA Victim Sep 27, 2009

The facts stated by ComeClean are the purest truth. Now, they face federal indictments. They fired a sales director from Oklahoma as scapegoat, but they have not touched the true monster...not just the VPs and the playboy CEO but the Nashville sales director who filled the Chattanooga book with fake contracts and dozens of FEMA ads. He got his bonus... the employees nothing!!!

• Co
    Come Clean Sep 27, 2009

If you work for this Company you would also know that your Managers got paid Book Bonuses on those FEMA Insurance contracts and the Company has
    no intention of paying the sales reps for the work they did there will be no commissions unless some Attorney happens to file a huge suit there is huge
    amounts of money owed to the reps past and present not only for these contracts but other contracts the company never paid the reps
    they do this quite often whether you work there or have left.

• Co
    Come Clean Sep 27, 2009

If you really work for this Company you would know that they have federal indictments relating to the FEMA contracts.
    If you are the great Sales Person you say why don't you charm us with your knowledge of this product and the benefits
    Everybody out there would love to see some of your expertise at work be sure in your presentation to include real facts like
    distribution and RCF's and Usuage studies if you know what this means or what they are.
    Or are you just full of it and that is the only way you know to sell, do you have any training from anywhere other than them,
    or are you just saying what you have been told to say can you actually back up anything you have been told to say.
    That is the whole problem with this company and you.

Maria Sep 16, 2009

Typical...issue resolved.

Disappointed Sep 16, 2009

No, Maria. You're the one that's not too bright. That "email" is something that anyone can type up. There's no message header, so it must be fake.

How long has been since you two have had a job? This isn't about Seccion Amarilla. Judging from your obsessive postings, it's more about how you two couldn't hack the job and got canned.

By the way, you two are in a little bit of trouble now. I'm signing off here because you are both mentally unstable.

The real fun should be starting soon...hahhahha

Maria Sep 15, 2009

Disappointment...your not very bright are you????

SAUSA Victim Sep 15, 2009

Fake info on FEMA? that was a SAusa memo...haha. How fake it is? the very own sausa memo that say that FEMA will NOT pay their ads... crooks!! croooooksss!!!

Disappointed Sep 15, 2009

If I were you, i'd stop using google. Just LOOK at their lawsuit from advertisers. http://googlewatch.eweek.com/content/google_lawsuits/

Disappointed Sep 14, 2009

Stop evading the issue. Where's the proof from the lawyer? We're all waiting to see it. I'm calling the lawyer tomorrow and telling him you have his name on here.

And stop posting fake info with that FEMA stuff. It's fake and you know it.

Hmmm...losers like you last only 2 months.

Maria Sep 13, 2009

104 days ago by Disappointed---your post, what made you change your tune?

Maria Sep 13, 2009

Disappointment...you fit right in at Seccion Amarilla, you sound like my last supervisor at seccion, he lasted 2months. Good luck

Disappointed Sep 13, 2009

Well, apparantely all is well now. Because I'm not a wimp and can sell, I have a job. The reason people fail at sales is that they are unorganized, unstructured, undiscplined, and well, just lazy, .

SAUSA Victim Sep 13, 2009

They fired the manager and made this thug a manager... welcome to the revolving door, only 10% employee retention?

104 days ago by Disappointed 0 Votes

I've been with Seccion Amarilla for only 3 weeks. Although I did not make my quota the first 2 weeks, I did sell $8500.00 my third week, which averages out to a little over my $3000/wk. quota. However, I was written up 2 hours before I made a $6000 sale.

Also, I'm finding inconsistencies between what is written in the company handbook, and what is actually going on in the local office. Did I forget to mention that two accounts I was working on were taken away from me due to mismanagement. There are many accounts I could get with friends and family, but I will NEVER do it because I don't trust them to do it right!

Some of the valid concerns I have are that there was NO training. We were on the phones the second day, and I had my first appointment the 4th day and did sell. Another concern is that I'm doing renewals, and I've encountered the problems already with bad translations, no distribution, wrong headings, not sending proofs to clients.

Maria Sep 13, 2009

If you feel that strong about Seccion Amarilla, give us your name and location
    and I will reciprocate. So far all you do is ramble and make idle threats, show us how we are wrong.

Disappointed Sep 13, 2009

My apoligies to the complain board for Maria and SAUSA VICTIM for posting things that are pulling out of their butts with absolutely no concrete facts to back them up.

This is the typical case of disgruntled employees getting fired for being worthless.

Disappointed Sep 13, 2009

Why are you two so afraid to post your real names? I will tell you why. Your are engaging in illegal activties by posting material that identifies an entity and the names associated with that entity. The end result is your are attempting to hurt people. If I were you, I would google courts subeoning ip addresses to determine the owner of the computer where slanderous posts are coming from. You are leaving yourself wide open for a lawsuit. hahahhaha

Disappointed Sep 13, 2009

Show facts Maria. Gestapo? Looks like you and little Mr. Law Breaker are the gestapo.

SAUSA Victim Sep 12, 2009

Dissapointed...a thug, just like all management in sausa.

Maria Sep 12, 2009

My apologize to, Complaint board for using up precious space, to show the typical attitude
    at Seccion Amarilla. This company has made it's fortune at the expense of hard working citizens of third world countries, who don't have a choice or anywhere to complain. As a result Seccion Amarilla has never had competition nor challenged to operate, without the strong hold it has on it's consumers and employee's. What surprises me is that this company is owned by the second richest man in the world, one would expect with all his world knowledge, he would of instructed his executive to cease there Gestapo tactics in business and actually treat his US venture with a little more professionalism. But when you have been king of the mountain, this idea would have been an insult.

Bring it on...I 'm PREPARED

Disappointed Sep 12, 2009

And posting confidental things. Boy, that kind of puts you in the same suit doesn't it. How ethical are you? You just think you can do what you want. What you did is ILLEGAL. Does that register in your little pea brain. ILLEGAL. Who the hell are you to talk.

I think you have bigger issues here. I think you are a total failure at your job. Only a ### would go on and on and post things ILLEGALLY. Hope a court supeonas your ip address on here soon, and you'll be the one getting sued. Trust me. It will happen.

Disappointed Sep 12, 2009

Then why do I keep renewing clients year after year after year. Because their unhappy?

Disappointed Sep 12, 2009

Slander and libel will get you nothing but jail time. If I were you, I would read up on the laws because you're making a total ### of yourself.

Disappointed Sep 12, 2009

And, I've heard you were the worst sales rep ever.

Disappointed Sep 12, 2009

Where's the FEMA post? That's what I wanted see. OH WOW...companies suing each other...like this is a new concept. It's been going on forever between companies. Geez, are you that naive?

Maria Sep 12, 2009

A challenge...IF ! you can find a seccion amarilla phone book, open it any page will
    do, call and ask THE customer, how satisfied they are. Do a BBB search NATIONWIDE
    and again in black and white you'll see.

I don't do well with narrow minded people, who choose to ignore the facts in black and white...and are to lazy to research their own information to back up their twisted way of looking at things. But hey keep it comming disappointed, this gives us a reason to publicly air YOUR dirty laundry.

SAUSA Victim Sep 12, 2009

Momento, Inc. v. Seccion Amarilla USA, 2009 WL 1974798 (N.D. Cal.)

Momento sued defendant SAUSA for copying Momento’s Spanish-language ads for use in its own Spanish directories. Momento owned both the individual ads and the design and layout of its directories. (As set forth in another order, Momento created advertisements for its Yellow Pages by “preparing text, taking photographs of client advertisers, translating text from English to Spanish, and designing the layout of advertisements, including selection of fonts and colors.”) SAUSA argued that it got nonexclusive licenses directly from the advertisers as part of its form contract with them, and that the Momento ads were works of joint authorship because they resulted from collaboration between SAUSA and the advertisers and incorporated preexisting elements. (Interesting business model: allegedly, SAUSA solicits customers by sending an “ad proof” that’s a scanned copy of a Momento ad, sometimes with font/color changes; customers are asked for permission to print the ad “as is” for free, or with corrections for a fee.)

Under the 9th Circuit’s test for joint authorship, the court found, Momento is the sole owner of the ads. Momento’s contracts with its clients say that Momento’s artwork is its sole property; one client expressly sought permission to use a photo taken by Momento on its web page; and several clients submitted declarations that they never gave SAUSA permission to copy the Momento ads (not sure why this is relevant to ownership, but ok—in fact, of course, regardless of whether the ads are jointly authored, the contract could separately change the ownership).

So Momento showed likely success on the merits of the copyright infringement claim. It also alleged false advertising under California state law based on SAUSA’s sales pitch that its directories are “the first and only Spanish directory delivered to consumers in Northern California.” SAUSA argued that the parties have entirely different methods of delivering the directories, making the claim ambiguous at most. However, Momento’s was the first Spanish directory published in Northern California and thus “at least that part of the statement is false.” In the absence of evidence that consumers weren’t deceived, then, Momento therefore showed a likelihood of success on the merits. Now, in Lanham Act parlance, it probably is true that “delivered to consumers” is ambiguous—if a directory is published, but consumers need to purchase it or call to request it or pick it up at a grocery store, then it’s not “delivered to consumers” and that even seems likely to be material to potential advertisers, since a directory delivered to consumers is more likely to reach those consumers who aren’t proactively seeking a Spanish-language directory. However, California law doesn’t include the false/misleading distinction, so it was open to the court to find the statement likely to deceive consumers even without evidence of actual consumer deception.

Since this was a preliminary injunction motion, the court then turned to the issue of irreparable injury. The old 9th Circuit rule that a presumption of irreparable harm applies in a copyright case can’t be applied automatically after eBay, however. So instead the court applied the general test: irreparable injury; remedies available at law inadequate; balance of hardships; public interest.

Momento argued that the harm to its investment and competitive position caused by SAUSA’s copying at least 30 Momento ads showed irreparable harm. SAUSA says it’s the largest publisher of Spanish Yellow Pages in the world, and Momento is a family-owned business, directly competing. The court found that the copying and false advertising had an adverse and irreparable effect on Momento. The court could fairly consider Momento’s competitive position where SAUSA “built its business” around Momento’s works.

SAUSA argued that Momento’s four-month delay before filing suit precluded a finding of irreparable harm. Momento, however, wrote to SAUSA before that and got a response from SAUSA’s counsel that it took IP rights very seriously and was investigating, and would cease any infringements found, requesting proof of Momento’s copyright registrations and Momento’s directories to investigate further. Then, several months passed. The court accepted Momento’s explanation that it didn’t sue until it had evidence that SAUSA hadn’t ceased infringing, which came only when a new directory was published; Momento sued about a month and a half after that.

The court ordered SAUSA to retrieve directories stored on pallets at distribution points, but did not require SAUSA to retrieve directories picked up by consumers, and enjoined further distribution. SAUSA had notice of the infringement contentions as of the first cease & desist letter, yet proceeded with production; the injunction created a hardship for SAUSA, but not an unreasonable one in light of its decision to keep printing.

Note: in an earlier order, Momento, Inc. v. Seccion Amarilla USA, 2009 WL 1974905 (N.D. Cal.), the court denied a TRO on the ground that the plaintiff hadn’t made the extraordinary showing required. Without notice to SAUSA, the court stated the standard for irreparable harm using the old 9th Circuit presumption. Once there was notice and a hearing, the court had a chance to get more deeply into the law as well as the facts: a victory for the adversary process.
    Posted by Rebecca Tushnet at 4:43 PM

SAUSA Victim Sep 12, 2009

Dissapointed works in the marketing department in Miramar, where people sits on their butts collecting a salary to socialize in their own little world. Maria is pointing only two lawyers of the many customers who have been done wrong by Seccion Amarilla.
    You are thug, with threats left and right. You are trying to silence a truth that is so obvious... with insults and ridicule. You should be ashamed of yourself, why dont you tell the truth about FEMA, or about the thousands of dollars in fake contracts in South Florida, the billing and art errors...listen anyone can make errors, i give you that, but when they become a pattern and a business practice thats called RACKETEERING. We are not just disgruntled employees, we are speaking the same things that most customers speak, you should examine yourself and before defending such a crooked group of people you should think twice. Our are you getting a juicy kickback from that party boy you called CEO or the crooked VP of Sales who also runs the pathetic distribution company. Bad! bad! and now you think firing a director and not the heads will clean your FEMA mess? No Sir, thats a stain that will hit the news and everywhere, because its inmoral to go around robbing people like Seccion Amarilla does.

Disappointed Sep 12, 2009

I looked...LOL...nothing. A lawyer giving out info. How ridiculous you are. Your nuts. Post it smart boy. I'm sure they'll give you the documents.

Maria Sep 11, 2009

I am not evading anything...I won't HELP YOU, your the curious one, you call
    Doustkam & Assoc ask for Ethan 213/480-8844, or maybe Ali at In House Counsel
    and only because I'm in a good mood I'll give you one more; Law Office of Mark T. Atkinson...hint it's all on the net, if you look.

Disappointed Sep 11, 2009

And...Why are you evading my question? You just skirt around the issues. Where are those 'PUBLIC" doucments from the lawyer. I'm sure he's going to be very interested in this...LOL. You aren't too smart are you?...hahahah.