The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Sears Home Improvement — flooring
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
Wow, I'm so surprised I haven't come across this board before but I had the absolute worst experience with Sears in the last 3 weeks. I would absolutely not recommend them. Here are all the problems that I encountered:
1. Had someone come over with the initial plan - tried to put in an order via him. He recorded two different types of wood for the same room and when I pointed it out, he couldn't change it and so put a note that he promised me the manager would read and take action on so that the same wood would be installed through the entire room.
2. Over the next 3 weeks I had to call Sears and spend about an hour on the phone everyday in order to coordinate the project - I pretty much forced them to come and measure the place, give me an estimate of when they would come in to install the floors (they claimed they had to acclimate the wood first and then claimed that they did not). All of this despite me having told them that I needed to get this done at top priority - really urgently before the end of the month as I was moving out by then.
3. When the installation guys finally came, they did not have enough of the correct shade of wood so they left the installation incomplete.
4. When I called Sears they insisted that I had asked for two different woods till I forced them to check their records and then they admitted their mistake.
5. They then proceeded to tell me that they'd have to order the material and they could come in only the next week - on the last possible day that I had the apartment. I relented and let that happen.
6. I called again today and they claim that they now need to acclimate the remaining wood despite having not done that with the previous batch. the project coordinator insists that what I'm saying could not be true. I yelled at him and hope to get something done asap, but at this point I don't think I should bet on it.
I'm surprised that as a company that has been in business for so long, they an provide such bad service and get away with it. I am going to try my very best to make sure that they get a super bad review on every site out there and lose a lot of business.
The complaint has been investigated and resolved to the customer's satisfaction.