Sears / Craftsman Lawnmowerrepair of lawnmower

H

In September 2008 I purchased a craftsman 625 series lawnmower serial#072408M021169 from Sears. Since then I have taken it to the repair deptmartment twice for the same self propel problem. The 2nd time was last September 2010. Today, April 15, 2011, the same problem occurred. I took it back again and was informed that since my warrenty was out there was nothing they could do except call the customer care center.
I called the customer I dont care center and explained that common sense would dictate that since the same problem occurs 3 times it is possible that it was never repaired correctly the 1st 2 times and was told there was nothing they could do about the charge but they would be glad to send it away to be repaired again or I could call craftsman and provided me a number. The rep. at craftsman said that sears is responsible for the repairs and that no documentation of ongoing problems with this model of mower exists and it was probably not repaired properly in the first place.
So now I have a barely used mower that looks new but does not work properly.
I know that I am just venting on deaf ears now but it is just frustrating that a company that I have shopped at and trusted for years cares so little about its customers.
However there are many other stores that will be happy to receive mine and my entire family's business for the many years to come.

• Kr
    kredrord Jun 30, 2012

Yea I agree they SUCK. Purchased mine in 2008 called said well it is out of warrenty. Well I paid good money for this piece of crap and no help. Have replaced the module last year 50.00 now they said it may be the carb or starter motor, another 200.00 do they think we are crazy and tell us they will give me a discount on a new one. What the heck. The carb is just a carb few jets float and bowl, what needs to be replaced. I agree they are crap and think I will visit sears and let people know not to buy these.

• Mo
    Mower-Hater Jun 20, 2012

My Craftsman mower from Sears sucks. My first hour with it I got so excited to crank it up for the first time and it didn't do ANYTHING. It didn't even sound like it was about to turn over. What a piece of crap. What a complete piece of crap! It takes at least 3 people with the strength of Hercules to get it to start and even then it just chugs like it's about to cut out at any second. The lawn mower repair kit works great for that day the new spark plug and filter are installed. Double check the oil and I drive 30 minutes to get the non-ethanol gas and everything! But then the next time I need to use it -- YOU GUESSED IT -- it fails to start again! So I guess Sears and Craftsman expect me to spend and hour servicing my mower every time I need to use it. AWESOME! What a piece of crap this mower is. My guess is at some point in time some loser decided they could make more money off of them if they downgraded the design somehow. AWESOME decision guys!!! You sell crappy mowers that don't work!! I hope that guy has the corner office.

• Th
    the watch dog 172w May 23, 2011

sear products have now become junk items.

• Th
    the watch dog 172w May 23, 2011

i have a lot of problems with my lawn mower too. i even made a video on you tube, check it out when you have 3 minutes.