CraftsmanCustomer Service

K

On 8/30/11 12:49 pm I went to Sears (parts & repair), 3555-1 St. Johns Bluff Rd. Jacksonville, FL, to buy a replacement battery for my “Craftsman” 12volt Drill. However, upon returning home I discovered that the “Craftsman” replacement battery did NOT fit/work in my “Craftsman” charger. I have several “Craftsman” power tools and all the “Craftsman” rechargeable batteries fit & work in my “Craftsman” charger. So I packed it all up again and returned to the Sears (parts & repair). I explained and even showed them an example of how the just purchased battery was not correctly made. The first employee said there were no more 12 volts and someone else would have to do the return. I felt this was horrible customer service and asked for the manager. To my surprise I got even WORSE customer service when Bryant Mitchell, a branch lead NOT a manager finally walked out rubbing sleep from his eyes. I explained again how if I buy a “Craftsman” replacement battery it should fit in a “Craftsman” charger and “Craftsman” tools. However, he got a know it all attitude and refused to listen or understand the customer in front of him. Instead of helping or giving me my money back he insisted on loudly arguing with me. At this point I demanded my money back and he said there would be a 25% restock fee. I handed the unused battery (that had just been purchased 30 minutes ago) to Bryant Mitchell and said this is your battery and I will get all my money back and left with Mr. Mitchell yelling and carrying on in a childish fit.

Kevin Gordon

• SearsCare Aug 31, 2011

To KevGor,

I'm so sorry for the lack of customer service that you received from both our store associates and the online representative you spoke with. We'd be happy to help you to resolve this issue. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears. At your convenience, please contact our office at [email protected] Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the screen name (KevGor) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.