Santander Consumer USArip off

My auto loan was aquired by santanter under a year ago and since then it has not mattered how much I over pay, for my payments are never enough and their fees are outragious. I didnt agree to their rates, they should be honring the rate in which we had when the loan was origined. Their customer service is horrible in having no answers to much of anything and being transfered from agent to agent then hung up on repeatly instead of get answers for the service that I did not want from them, but I had no choice. Now im stuck with the fact that I have to pay them whatever they want or be turned in to the credit agencies. Ive tried to discuss these issues before with customer service but ultimately they give me the brush off and continue to stick it to me. I hope im the only one this is happening to

• Bl
    blah567887 Jan 29, 2010

SAN TAN DARE...hahaha they call all the time from different phone numbers and leave v/mails and you cant understand the name of the company cuz its such a *** name to begin with...The cool thing is I just keep adding them to my contact list with a no sound ring tone on my cell phone...U SUCK SAN TAN DARE

• Re
    repobuster Feb 06, 2010

If they bought your loan they cannot charge you anything that is not in the original loan
    See your state UCC or the federal uniform commercial code
    If they are just servicing it they can’t charge anything either. Send a letter certified mail request a copy of your original contract and proof they own it. You may find out they don’t.

ChrisAT1961 Aug 27, 2010

My exwife asked for the car in the divorce and by doing so assumed the payments. She defaulted a couple months later and this f...ing Santander Consumer company has been hounding me for the money. I have sent them several copies of the divorce decree which shows in the property settlement that she was taking the car. I shouldn't have to be harassed by these people. They even had the manager at my apartment leave a post-it on my front door.

• To
    Tooz Sep 20, 2010

ChrisAT1961- divorce decrees are contracts between yourself and your spouse. If you cosigned on a loan with her prior to the divorce, the decree will have absolutely no bearing on who is responsible: you both are. If worse comes for worse and the loan goes unpaid to the point of charge-off, not only will your credit will be ruined but should Santander choose to take you to court, you will likely end up having a judgment entered against you which could lead to wage garnishments, bank levys, or property liens. Your attorney will confirm this sad reality. Your best bet is to sue your ex spouse for defaulting on the divorce decree and use those funds to settle the account for less than the full balance. It seems unfair, but the law is pretty clear.

• Ny
    Nyoka Toler Mar 11, 2011

They are a nightmare. The fact that you do the right thing and mail your check in early to then get collection calls that they haven't received payment. To call and find out that they have your check but they entered the check information wrong-is your fault!! So I suggested that if you have the check then why not process it again?? Light bulb!! I was told that they cant do that- ha! They want to then charge you an additional $ 10.54 to process payment -right away, so my payment is not late. Then I explained, I rather pay online then to not be charged an additional $ 10.54 processing free... Which I was then told if you do that you'll still be charged the additional amount of $ 10.54 on top of your car payment! This is ridiculous!! I then ask to speak with a manager and was placed on hold for over 15 min. They did wave this " one time only fee", but only after all of my attempts to fix this situation and because they did have my check. This has to be the WORST car loan system EVER!! I have been having issues with this service since day 1 "SantanHell" is more like it!!

• Sh
    SHAPAT1214 Mar 20, 2011

since my loan was bought by these [censor]s, and NEVER EVER got notice from Citi bank auto loans about the the new [censor]s that bought my loan...if this crap from san tan der auto [censor]s continues the state attorneys office where ever they are Will be contacted!!!

• Sh
    SHAPAT1214 Mar 20, 2011

san tan der are the worst the bad and the [censored]ing ugly

• Bl
    Bloody Bill Oct 20, 2011

Yes, they are incredibly arrogant. You call them and get an idiot in Bangladesh, India, who knows precise English, and nothing else. We recieved a notice of defualt 3 days after our loan was finalized. Their response was to say we had been late with last payment, which my wife paid by phone 1 day before payment date. Then they said they were sending the title to the last posted address on the loan: we bought the car in Georgia, moved to Florida 7 months later, moved to Texas 3 years later, and have notified Citi Bank of every address change. They were sending their invoices to our TX address, but are sending the title to the GA address, even though the car has been legally registered here for past 2.5 years. Their reasoning is it is the first title address, therefor our responsibility to recieve the title no matter where they send it. If you don't get it, well then notify them in 45 days, they will be in touch! This company is a drug cartel money laundry operation, wether from down south or up north-east, doesn't matter. THEY DON"T FRIGGING CARE!