Santander Consumer USAget real

Look loosers, all of you who are complaining about santander are horrible customers anyway. I mean all of you are complaining about interest than its your own fault due to the fact of your credit being bad!!! Thats how most of yall became santander customers in the first place. Santander only finances sub-prime customers (last chance financing) and yes they give high inerest rats buts there is no one else to blame but your self. Also if you paid your bills on time than they would have no reason to call you and when they do its collections your speaking to, not customer service... And yes there is a huge difference between the two. Also you will be charged a daily per diem if your late, thats called a daily simple interest loan and you agreed to it when you signed the contract. Heres a noble idea, if you just contact santander if your haveing difficulty making your payment and guess what they will work with you but if you dont, dont sit there and complain when they call you because you owe them money... Its called common sence people... Stop crying and pay your bills!!!

FDL_HOU Apr 15, 2011

Who should we blame for your horrible spelling turdbucket?

johnsantander Apr 15, 2011

i had rather be bad at spelling than crying on this page how its santanders fault that i cant pay my bills on time... wow you all you can comment on is my spelling... classic, you must be one of the loosers that cant pay their bills

lifelrnr Apr 15, 2011

Aren't you at all embarrassed that you have the spelling and grammar of a 3rd-grader? You really should go back to school before trying to communicate with the grown-ups, okay? You work at that sleazy job of yours because you can't get a job working anywhere else. Have you ever heard of spell-check???

FDL_HOU Apr 16, 2011

Johnsantander you must be one of those lowlife bottomfeeding trsah employees who fraudulently and knowingly scam people. I pay cash for my cars, ###face. I do know people who are unfortunate enough to be lied to by that shithole fraud of a company.

FDL_HOU Apr 16, 2011

And the word is l-o-s-e-r, you ###ing illiterate lowlife.

lifelrner Apr 16, 2011

Angry rant, Brenda??? You are being too kind to him, my friend. He speaks to his entire industry of bottom-feeder lenders and collectors. I think his mommy and daddy really should watch what he does online, maybe even ground him from the computer. (come on Mom & Dad, parental controls please!) Here's the facts, Johnny Boy: If you haven't been living in a cave the last few years, you would know that there are a lot of good people, businesses and nations with bad credit right now. As for me, I have spent the last five years of my life studying micro and macroeconomics, finance and everything related to global business. That alone gives me at the very least a qualified perspective and the right to tell you and everyone else here what a complete loser YOU are. You are right about one thing though, you said, ". I mean all of you are complaining about interest than its your own fault due to the fact of your credit being bad!!! thats how most of yall became santander customers in the first place. Santander only finances sub-prime customers (last chance financing) and yes they give high inerest rats buts there is no one else to blame but your self..." (Johnny Boy, 2011).

By practical standards, Santander IS a sub-prime lender and their interest rates amount to predatory lending...just on the legal side of the cloudy grey line. Santander is aggressively selling these loans because squeezing blood out of turnips is integral to their core business model: to take advantage of desperate consumers. And then of course, Santander has a workforce of grammar school dropouts just like the individual we're dealing with here.

• Co
    Consumer16 Apr 19, 2011

Can Santander call you on Sunday's? Also, can they speak to anyone else other than the consumer who signed the contract about the payment arrangements that have been made? And, can they run credit checks however often they wish? Couldn't agree more with the comments made about these unprofessional, rude ###!

• Pa
    PaidonTime Apr 19, 2011

I'm gonna follow this douchbag around on this board. To insult people is ridiculous. And just like I posted on another string, here it is again...
    Wow, JohnSantander, I'm guessing by your last name you are affiliated with them. Doesn't surprise me by the use of the word "losers", which, might I point out you misspelled along with several other words, yea, I'm almost positive you work there. I like how you referred to Santander's "rates" as "rats", I'm sure unintentional, however, quite appropriate. I absolutely did not, on any level choose Santander as my lender, like many other people on this forum. I have never signed any sort of contract with Santander and nor would I have had I seen paperwork regarding any sort of daily compounding interest rates, that is absurd. I was a solid CitiFinancial customer for years when my loan was sold to Santander. My invoices come saying my account is "past due", how is that possible when the monthly statement arrives BEFORE the due date and all previous payments were EARLY or on time. When you call the number, there isn't even an option of getting a person on the phone. I spoke to one person about my mysterious fees and received one explanation and then spoke to another person about those same mysterious fees and received another explanation. It's a tangled web of phone numbers and poorly trained CSR's. To make a payment online, Santander charges a $10 fee, in this day and age where I can scan a check with my cell phone to be deposited into my bank account immediately, a $10 fee for an online payment is absolutely ridiculous. Your comments are very bold, obtuse and judgmental. People have problems and a lot of time it is no fault of their own. Perhaps, if Santander did offer a grace period rather than taking on fee after fee after fee, those very subprime borrowers that have bad credit would be able to turn their lives around, make right with the loan and everyone is happy. Santander is the most ridiculous finance company I have ever encountered and I've been in finance for twenty years, I've also run financed based call centers. Santander needs to start from the ground up, retrain the CSR's and regroup. Perhaps when the bulk purchased the CitiFinancial customers, a courtesy call could have been made or a welcome packet sent, start out with your new customers on the right foot, rather than sending them a bill that makes no sense. Get off your high horse and come back to reality. The FACTS are that the complaint boards are RIDDLED with posts about Santander, 1000's of people can't be wrong, especially those with outstanding payment history like myself.

lifelrnr Apr 19, 2011

Paidontime, he's not worth anymore of anyone's time. His real name probably isn't even Santander; he probably works in their collections department. He's just a kid that tried to carry on a grownup conversation and tried to stick up for his company like every good boy should. But this time he bit off more than he could chew. I haven't heard from him since (maybe Mommy and Daddy took away his internet :D

• Pa
    PaidonTime Apr 19, 2011

I agree with you lielrnr, he's on another message board as well as JohnSmith...posted the same exact paragraph, riddled with errors etc...he's not worth my time. I'm absolutely shocked at the amount of Santander complaints...absolutely shocked.

lifelrnr Apr 19, 2011

Hi Paidontime. Santander is part of a larger problem in America's financial services industry. It reminds me of mortgage brokers before the mortgage meltdown who loaned money to anyone who had a pulse. But when the interest rates reset, people could no longer afford their mortgages and lost their homes as a result. So here we are today living in an America whose credit was downgraded again yesterday by Standard & Poors.

It makes sense to me that companies Like Santander have collections departments full of clowns like JohnSantander. People with any sense of ethics would look for work elsewhere. JohnSantander probably doesn't know the definition of 'ethics'...and probably can't spell it, either :D

• Gr
    GruntGruntGRRRRRR Apr 19, 2011

The truth is if everyone would just look up "Consumer Law Attorney, " in your location, in an on-line search and CALL THEM (get an attorney to tell you if you have a case or not) instead of complaining on here. (I'm not saying that it is a waste of time.) But get the right person to hear you instead of this person.
    Ford is the one who "hooked" me up with Santander and it was only because they wouldn't listen to my bank (which the very next week re-financed the vehicle to get it away from Santander).
    Well, the long and short of it is...Santander's practices are illegal! They have broken just about every Consumer Law there is and the attorney will get paid out of the lawsuit I have against them. No money out of my pocket. So if you think that you can not afford an attorney - change the way you think, one is out there for you.
    I have kept record of every conversation and phone call with Santander (my bank recorded it while we were on 3-way phone calls.) They do not have a leg to stand on! So if this is the little bit of "grunt" that someone needs to think they can do to same then here is your grunt. My vehicle was paid off (cleared check) and the website shows it having a $0 balance, I received the title and release of lien letter in the mail, and I'm still receiving letters demanding payment.
    Time is running out for Santander, they have 2 weeks to settle out of court. Don't take what they are dishing out, call a Consumer Attorney today.

johnsantander Apr 20, 2011

Boo hoo!!! Looks like more of you losers are still crying!!! Look I highly encourage anyone to contact a lawyer, go ahead and waist your time. SANTANDER has never broken ANY LAW, every single call is recorded and reviewed. I guess I have to repete myself, pay your bills on time like responsible adults and you WILL NOT be in collections... DUHHH Also Santander is CLOSED on Sunday's, and please SHUT UP about the CITI buy out, they couldn't get you losers to pay so of course they went out of business ( CITI AUTO DIVISION). Also I do have a real job, unlike most of santanders customers, to be completly honest I make more than 95% of santanders customers so please stop embarrassing yourself. Oh and look at any other sub prim lender and they will have just as many " complaints" as Santander.

johnsantander Apr 20, 2011

Oh and before I forget... Your right there has NEVER been a time in history where thousands of people were wrong.

FDL_HOU Apr 20, 2011

Not one person who would defend a boytomfeeding company so much would have any other interest than in working for them. How would you know so much about the company practices, jackass? So how many customers did you lie to yesterday, shitbag? Funny how it works when people call you degenerates you seem to have a solution to the customers problem and lo and behold the customer calls again and there is no record of that conversation...hmmmm By your own definition, if you make more than the 95% of the customers of Santander, you are a LOSER as you claim.

lifelrnr Apr 20, 2011

'John Santander' (give me a break), I think I'll send this entire post to your boss's bosses at the top so they can see what a fine employee you are and the kind of image you are projecting for the company. They'll take great comfort in knowing that you are hot on the case is their defense. I just know they are going to thank you for all of this, maybe even make you employee of the year! :D (Don't thank me...this is going to be a pleasure!)

lifelrnr Apr 20, 2011

John Santander, (give me a break), I think I'll send this entire post to your boss's bosses at the top so they can see what a fine employee you are and the kind of image you are projecting for the company. They'll take great comfort in knowing that you are hot on the case in their defense. I just know they are going to thank you for all of this, maybe even make you employee of the year! :D (Don't thank me...this is going to be a pleasure!)

lifelrnr Apr 20, 2011

JDH, he cannot justify the company (not to mention his sleazy, pathetic existence).

• Sr
    Sr PARALEGAL Apr 21, 2011

I can tell by your horrible grammar that you are probably and employee! I can never get anyone that can speak proper English, and when they do speak English, they use terms like "Yall" and "this done been paid!" and more horrible excuses for communication as such. The fair credit reporting act also states that consumers should not be treated differently because of poor credit, and any company that chooses to do business like this is in federal violation. Being a paralegal, and a having my BA in Business Management entitles me to these opinions. Thank "yall" and have a GUDE DAI MI FREND

johnsantander Apr 21, 2011

Ok, what makes all of you losers mad is that I'm telling the truth and you don't like what I'm saying. Also, please send this to as many people you want at Santander, but you might be wasting your time because Santander monitors this forum closely. What I don't understand is, why not refinance with another company if you hate Santander so bad? Now some of you deadbeat losers might not be able to refinance, which is understandable because YOUR CREDIT SUCKS. Now if this is the case, guess what, YOU DON'T DESERVE A VEHICLE AND YOUR STUCK WITH Santander so suck it up and pay your bills on time! Also every conversation that a collections agent has with any customer is well documented, and 3000 employees can see any "notes" that anyone writes on an account. If an agent acts like they don't know what your talking than that's called strategy, so they can catch you lying idiots in your constant lies. Oh and before I forget, Santander attempted to notify every single citi customer, if you idiotic losers would read your contract at the dealership instead of seeing something shiny that you obviously can't afford than you would know that a lender can sell your contract to ANYONE they choose as long as they abide by the terms of the original contract. Santander have NEVER violated any contract or broken any laws especially when it comes to the FDCPA. So please, call me any name you want because I don't care in fact I'm smiling and laughing right now because I pay my bills on time and I have NOTHING to complain about. By the way the economy has been "bad" for a very long time so stop using it as an excuse as why you can't make your payment on time.

johnsantander Apr 21, 2011

Oops I forgot to be sarcastic... Yes my real name is John Santander and of course I work for Santander I mean how else could I possibly know about consumer lending or collections practices. We all know there is nothing on the Internet or the library about it. Please...

johnsantander Apr 21, 2011

Yea, you have a degree... You must be an expert!!! Ha, by the way a degree from the university of phoenix is like being the first place finisher at the special olympics!

• Er
    ERGH! Apr 21, 2011

I'm not even sure what happened. One minute I qualified for any vehicle on the lot...but would have a higher interest rate. Loan officer advised me to refinance 6 months later which I did that lowered my rate by 7%. Then this company bought my loan from CitiFinancial. Never been late on a payment, sometimes apply more than my monthly amount due, yet still I'm being taken advantage of. We are not idiots. We are honest consumers who should be able to trust our fellow Americans. I know that is a stretch but this person replying back acts as though he has never had a hardship or would never have the heart to understand someone going through a hard time, be it the economy, death in the family, whatever. Yes the economy has been crap for awhile now but I guarantee this jokester doesn't make crap of a salary. If he did, he would think long and hard to know what it would be like to go from making $65K to looking for a job that won't only not meet that, but merely half that. I'm not sure what to do other than hire an attorney, which has shown successful in many instances I have read about. Just know this. Madoff didn't get away with it...and neither will Santander.

lifelrnr Apr 21, 2011

Sr. Paralegal, you nailed it in just a few sentences. He's stuck on stupid, for sure, lol. Hilarious too, is he not?

johnsantander Apr 21, 2011

Good job on copy and paste hero... Did you learn that in paralegal school mr smart guy... Don't you have like 128 comments on boards like these yet no complaint of your own... Hmmmm maybe you are a Santander customer... Let this get out, I mean unless something changed in the last 5 min we live in America and I am free citizen with my own opinion and I can express my opinion about you losers any way I want. Oh and currently any collection that calls a delinquent customer is located in AMERICA and yes in the south " y'all " is a word and it's used often. If you don't like it than please shut your Yankee but up!!!

lifelrnr Apr 21, 2011

Johnny Boy is starting to bore me. I think I'll say goodbye to all. I hope the little ### loses his job because Santander got shut down. So long ya little panty waste

johnsantander Apr 21, 2011

Ok, look if you make a decent salary than that usually means your intelligent enough to know what a savings account... No excuse.. if you make more than 50k a year and still live pay check to pay check than u don't deserve that job! Hey guys seriously I never said I worked at Santander, which I don't, so stop trying to blame an entire companys actions on me. Now listen, I know how Santander operates because I'm smart enough to ask questions I don't just assume, or just jump to conclusions because I'm emotional. Also if I'm going through a rough time I don't look for anyone or anything to blame, I self reflect to see how my actions caused my particular situation. Santander is a company who's goal is to make money, not pander to a bunch of low lifes who can't take responsibility for their own actions.

FDL_HOU Apr 21, 2011

No, wrong again assclown. Santander has the same demeanor as you. They think everyone who has an account with them are lowlifes and deserve to be disrepected. Santander is out to squeeze as much money as they can, ethical or not. That is the facts and you CANNOT dispute that. Like I said, if you do NOT have a vested in Santander, why the mother ### would you care? Santander is the ONLY complaint board you troll. Loser!

• Er
    ERGH! Apr 21, 2011

If you don't think Santander is a scam then why do they not allow you to log on to their website to view YOUR own information? Lol! 8 months going and still cannot view my account. It takes their IT 2 days just to email you a temporary password...which never works. If you want to try to click on "forgot username" you have to answer a security question that's not even viewable. What a joke. I too have called customer service and asked for a copy of my original loan documents and was hung up on...TWICE...by 2 different CSR's. Called Citifinancial and they assured me Santander is "supposed" to have the documents. And don't ever let them tell you to call back on your due date to defer a payment...that's a scam too. You call on your due date, they tell you the company doesn't allow deferments, and now your stuck with a late fee. Wow.

• Su
    suprman71 Apr 22, 2011

You ### sucker why don't you learn how to spell. We have a right to speak our minds about this crappy company and who are you to judge anyone about bills. I did contact them if i had a problem and was going to be late and got some dumbass half way across the globe who couldn't even speak english. You dickwad go harrass someone, you credit collecting ###. I bet you don't even pay your bills.

EnoughsEnough Apr 22, 2011

johnsantander: "all of you are complaining about interest than its your own fault due to the fact of your credit being bad!!! thats how most of yall became santander customers in the first place. Santander only finances sub-prime customers (last chance financing)"
    You have no idea what you are talking about. My credit is good. I was originally financed with Capital One and then refinanced through Citi b/c I researched interest rates and found I could get mine lowered. WE DID NOT choose Santander...and we DID NOT become Santander customers b/c of bad credit. LOL! I feel embarrassed for you as you speak of what you do not know. As a Citifinancial customer, they did away with their auto financing all together, and this untrustworthy, unwilling to provide excellent or even good customer service, God awful company now holds our possessions and credit in their hands.

johnsantander Apr 22, 2011

Ok I will tell everyone here my real name my real phone number if they can please tell me one car dealership owned by SANTANDER... news flash Santander is a finance company, they don't care one bit about the vehicle, all they care about is the loan. DUH!!!

EnoughsEnough Apr 22, 2011

This site is for customer complaints. @Johnsantander-Why are you on here? Lol!

EnoughsEnough Apr 22, 2011

I think we are just confused. If you are not a customer, not an employee, or any representation of the company...then why are you on here? I am not a "dumb ###" or an "###"...I comprehend very well, have had my job in the medical field for over 12 years, have a degree in healthcare admin, and a gorgeous, confident young woman. But, thank you for once again for showing your maturity level.

EnoughsEnough Apr 22, 2011

Oh well sorry for the "maturity level" remark. I have the same frustration as you and try not to stoop to this guys level. I finally got a CSR to "say" they are mailing my original Citifinancial documents last night. We shall see...

• IrishChick Apr 22, 2011

For some reason I thought this would be a COMPLAINT...due to the fact that this is a complaints board, hense complaintsboard.com.

johnsantander Apr 22, 2011

You are right, this is a complaints board, so why don't you people actualy complain about something instead of whining like 5 year old children. Wake up!!! Santander would of been shut down years ago if ANYTHING any of Y'ALL (yes I did say y'all and I said it on purpose) said were true. There are more lies on this board than a first date. Before I forget, if you are financing a vehicle than guess what? THAT VEHICLE IS NOT YOURS, untill you pay it off and get the title. @enoughsenough I really don't care about resume, tell + jdh + since apparenty he wants to get in your pants. I am on this board to bring you losers back down to reality. I have nothing but respect for Santander especially if they have to put with you ###s!
    :-)

FDL_HOU Apr 22, 2011

That's one of the problem with that bag of ### company YOU WORK FOR. People don't get there title because that scam of a finance company lies to people how much they owe and lies about Santander not receiving payments, timely. Years ago they could have been shut down, you say. They didnt really enter the financial market in the US until last year, ###. The cases are building against this rathole and soon there will be some court action taht weill take this mother ###er and you down about 10 notches and hoperfully in prison. Thsi cesspool needs to go back to Spain where it belongs, maricon.

johnsantander Apr 22, 2011

Really... Last year... Hahaha... If you only knew what you were talking about. I wish I did work for Santander but sad to say I don't. If there are so many "cases" aginst Santander than why isn't it in the news and why do they continue to grow faster as a finance company than any other finance company in the history of this country. Look if everyone has such an issue with this company than just refinance with another company or pay off your loans... It's way to simple, but noooo you idiots had rather whine and cry in the Internet than do anything productive to solve your problems.

FDL_HOU Apr 22, 2011

Cases are building turdboy. AG of the states have to build cases against shitbag companies like yours. They can't just take a few complaints. It takes many, and trust me, jackass, they have them. Santander USA wasn't major jackass company until they got Citifinancial. DO you notice the common theme with Citifinancial to Santander. Most said how great Citifnancial was and how they were great to deal with. Not so with Santander. Santander shows the same lever of the lack of respect you do for it's customers. ### you Johnnybitch and that shithole garbage you work for.