Santander Consumer USAget real

Look loosers, all of you who are complaining about santander are horrible customers anyway. I mean all of you are complaining about interest than its your own fault due to the fact of your credit being bad!!! Thats how most of yall became santander customers in the first place. Santander only finances sub-prime customers (last chance financing) and yes they give high inerest rats buts there is no one else to blame but your self. Also if you paid your bills on time than they would have no reason to call you and when they do its collections your speaking to, not customer service... And yes there is a huge difference between the two. Also you will be charged a daily per diem if your late, thats called a daily simple interest loan and you agreed to it when you signed the contract. Heres a noble idea, if you just contact santander if your haveing difficulty making your payment and guess what they will work with you but if you dont, dont sit there and complain when they call you because you owe them money... Its called common sence people... Stop crying and pay your bills!!!

• Ci
    Cindy Woods Sep 06, 2016

I have been harassed by Santana's consumer usa employees calling me 3 to 4 times a week every other day threating me about reposses they are very rude

• Li
    Lindag Dec 06, 2013

You are dead wrong. Santander is abusing customers who do pay their bills and on time. And no, simple interest per diem is not on most of the contracts that Santander purchased. They are ripping people off right and left and they do need to be stopped. Hopefully a number of state attorneys general will put an end to it.

• Re
    Renee1214 Apr 03, 2013

Look here you jerk, You are way off! I have made every single payment on time for the full amount of my loan. I financed my vehicle through Citi Financial and guess what? I had & still have good credit. I can't help it my account was sold to you ### who can't even answer the phone or send my title. You had no problem taking my money every month on time but now I can't get my title or a person to even answer the phone! This is the worst company ever and should be shut down!

fincepost Jan 29, 2012

JHON SANTANDER ISENT FOR REAL. IF HE SAID HE HAS KEPT ALL THE PHONE RECORDINGS OF EVERY CONVERSATION ON FILE THEN THE SPACE BETWEEN HIS EARS IS SMALLER THAN I THOUGHT. RECORDINGS OF ANY KIND CAN NOT BE USED IN A COURT OF LAW. RECORDINGS CAN BE CHANGED THERFOR THAY ARE NOT WORTH THE POWDER TO BLOW THEM UP. COMPANEYS DO THAT JUST TO MAKE YOU THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU SAY. FRIGHT NIGHT...

SantanderWatchdog Jan 28, 2012

I find it amusing that JohnSantander would state that Santander does not violate in laws. We shall see. Word has it that Santander has tried to open up zombie debts that are 10-20 years old and had been paid off. What they are doing is just reporting it to the credit companies and trashing people's credit hoping to get money from them. This time they have pissed some people off with the resources to fight them. Several lawsuits in Texas are going to hit them extremely hard! No violation of the law John?

fincepost Jan 04, 2012

I think everyone that has a complaint or problem should get an attorney to solve the problem and get Santander out of business, Contact sockolove, look it up and file a complaint against these crooks, let some one handle it who knows the law and can get something done. What do you have to lose? They don't charge any thing to here you and what you have to say, give it a try

santandersajoke Dec 13, 2011

Listen here i paid my loan on time every time with Citifinancial. Then my loan got sold to you people for what reason i don't why? Also before you start throwing stones there John. You need to think!! a lot of people lost their jobs back 2008 when the economy took a hit. People couldn't make their payments to any of their bills which I don't know how you think that was is their fault? It's their fault the economy went into the toilet and they lost their jobs? Unemployment was hard to get and if you did get it you were lucky if you got paid every week to pay your bills. Answer me this question have you ever ONCE in your life been late on any of your bills? I can about bet you have been, we all have at one time or another. As far as your so called company being so WONDERFUL they are crooked in many ways. They charge interest fees for being one day late? A $10.95 fee to make payments over the phone. The NON STOP phone calls all times of the day and nights if your one day late. Which i found out if you called more than twice a day it's against the law. I found that out from my lawyer. Santander has broken the law there. Also i just recently paid off my car loan through your so called wonderful company. I made my payment via mail. Because of YOUR company's policies I couldn't make my last payment over the phone. You people received my check and cashed it BUT it never made to my account. I called the next day and i was told by one of your very rude customer service people that they never received my check but yet it cleared my account. What kind of game are you people playing i mean really? I had to get prove that you PEOPLE cashed it by getting a copy of my check from my bank. I had call JP Morgan Chase Bank to get prove that you people dealt with that bank after i was told you didn't. All of the sudden my payment posted on my account the following Monday morning after i had get a lawyer involved. I did consult with a lawyer on your people's BAD business ethics and i did file a complaint with BBB. Your company needs to be put in their place. OH the kicker of all of this here it is 20 days later and i still don't have my title. ONCE AGAIN i had to make a call to your wonderful company you work for to see where my title was. OH to my surprise my title is lost and now i have get a duplicate title because you ###S lost it. BUT yet i have to pay for it? I THINK YOU PEOPLE NEED TO PAY FOR IT SINCE YOU LOST IT!!! So, JOHN get your head out of your ### because your company isn't all what's cracked up to be. And honest people are getting punished for your CROOKED ### WAYS. I didn't ask for my loan to be sold to you people and I thanking the lord i am finally done with you people!!

fincepost Dec 12, 2011

Wildflower speeks the trouth of the matter she is right santander wrong again:)

fincepost Dec 12, 2011

I cant belive Jhonny boy would say such things. God forgive the pants on fire. He knows not what he is saying. Poor Jhonny lets not pick on the kid for the trouth will come home to rest. I know that the amount of people that are complaining are not lossers just fell into bad times and belive it or not jhonny you stand to loose every thing all so at the rate all co, are goeing now. I dont have time for this so just hang in there with the lies more trouth will come out in time. Keep smilling and putting people down, when you get to the bottom let us know how you are doeing, well will be more than happy to have you call us and make some kind of arrargements to help you. And just for the record I missed spelled a few words just for U:)

• Wi
    wildflower71 Dec 11, 2011

For your information mr johnsantander, most of us our loans were sold to sandtander which is against the law in itself. 2) we did pay our bills ontime till the company we were with sold out to santander so bite your tongue if you do not know the whole story.

fincepost Nov 14, 2011

If you don't do any thing but put people down that have very real problems with this Co then just shut your mouth, how can you possibly know if theire complaint is real or not if you don't do business with this Co. Santander. I know things are bad but who made them bad, you the consumer buying all your toys that you couldn't do with out when you had a nice paying job and you had all kinds of big bucks, are you still working???? how long do you think you will be at your safe little job and if you are the next to be out on the street and then we will see who cries the loudest. Its all-ways the tuff guy the loud mouth the boy genius the kid that has it all that talks like he knows more than any one else, its the guy who killed the guy down the street that crys don't hut me. So don't pretend that theire aren't people out their that are having ligate problems(and I miss spelled just for you to make your day)

• Er
    Erica lowe Oct 28, 2011

I believe mr john santander must be employed on the side by santander, to try to BULLY customers into being terrified from speaking out.I..in fact it does the opposite and you know what they say about bullies..?.
    You know..i.ts a real shame this gentleman has to resort to insults, ignorance, along with poor social skills..(wrife amongst santander staff, who do not even address their customers...as miss mrs mr or mizz...but refer to their customers as she/he..them ..or that, even speaking to work mates...like two men chatting in a pub..very drunk and very late at night...complete lack of respect for even their work mates...which also shows complete lack of training..in customer...service..and..anger issues among staff and have an attitude when they answer the phone...and yes i have been a witness of this...and yes a very small amount of staff have actually been fine to deal with too.)...if you cant take the het gte out of the kitchen!..if you cant take the fact ppl will and are permitted to make complaints..about companies...and santader...and YOU cant take it mr santander...the you need to change jobs...one where...preferably you have to keep your gob shut.

India costello Oct 22, 2011

If enough people over an extended period make the same statements about the dishonesty of santander...someone has got to notice, that we are not making it up!...problem is they think they can do anything they want, hey they even told me they can tweek my account without having to tell me...surely any employee by-passing security details...and...fiddling about with a bank accont because they cant take a telling off...should be brought to task...but no, they have been able t hide their I.D!..now wonder how they do that...without santander catching on?

India costello Oct 22, 2011

Im so glad i have expressed myself on this forum...i thought i was the only person being abused by santander!..I advise many of you to go to bitterwallet, their website has no end of complaints about the dishonesty of this company and their attempts to cover -up!..plz read it people!

India costello Oct 22, 2011

If santander monitor this forum means they can remove anything that tells the truth about them?Hey they should be a poltical party!..they already have enough bullcrappers!

India costello Oct 22, 2011

How can john santander say they have never broken any laws!...plz read bitterwallet!..its full of it!..oh and im a customer of santander...only a week and was informed i was decieved by santander by santander themselves!..who conveniently leave out essential parts..of... the contract or terms and conditions when you open an account and added them later when they made a boo boo..and let it slip!..Oh it looks like you have agreed!...and i have that statement recorded by myself in a phone call ..and yes i did get permission!..try and get out of your own adittance!...recorded!

India costello Oct 22, 2011

Just shows you what kind of people santander are employing to run their company, this person obviously just out of school...and is unable to spell or use punctuation, or paragraphs...uses slang to speak to customers...and just shows santander up for the fowl mouthed ill-mannered children they employ.
    Really if your guilty of really bad customer service and even verbal abuse why post it on your website for all the world to see?They have proved they are out to con you out fo your money...and prevent you from doing anything about it.I myself have gone to the uk guardian newspaper..who have published a recent story on santander ..revealing how they are putting a stop of customers accounts banning them from accessing their money for no reason, which they pulled on me.
    Im awaiting their editor i assume their editor to get back to me but ive been offered the newspapers legal support if they feel action needs to be taken againt santander.Now if they were not conning people..and were not disgustingly fowl mouthed i doubt id get support, !

• Th
    The Frog Prince Aug 29, 2011

The lending practices in America are atrocious. Even individuals with good credit got their credit card fees doubled last year based solely on the fact that the ccd companies had to leverage their bad debt. And since when did lending companies make it standard practice to charge individuals with challenged credit TWICE the interest on loans? What is the logic in charging someone three to four times the interest because they may be a risk? Fine, you can do that. But once the principle amount of the loan has been satisfied, the debt should be cleared as paid in full. These ### businesses are just looking for ways to steal hard earned dollars from us. America is soon to be owned by China anyway.

• Ju
    JUSTICEBOARD Aug 24, 2011

Bad credit doesn't mean you get treated bad, lied to, and robbed. I wouldn't tell anybody in the world I on Santander's side. You are an idot anyway.

• Tk
    T.K Greer Aug 22, 2011

This is obviously a Santander employee who is trying to cover up for a company who is so bad to deal with. Did you know they have an "F" with the Better Business Bureau. Why don't our political people deal with companies like this who are taking advantage of the American public. Santander should be out of business and I for one will be so happy to hear they have gone under.

• Ha
    haterofsantandar Jul 27, 2011

my husbands credit score is almost 800 our loan was bought by this company and we are treated just as poorly as everyone else. Toyota sent a payoff on the car and the UPS tracking number shows the name of the person who signed for it and what time it was delivered, but they still claim we are late and owe them money. Well what the hell are you gonna do REPO the car? Come and get it from Toyota ... I dare you!... They call on holidays, evenings, weekends, in the middle of night . They just don't stop...The worst company in the United States!

• Bo
    boilinginbaltimore Jul 21, 2011

My loan was sold to this company unbeknownced to me and I have excellent and my account was in good standing for 5 years. I have 9 months to pay on this car and the first time my payment was 5 days late, they called me at home and did not leave a message. The next day, they did the same thing. Today they called me at work and asked my why my payment was late. I told them I couldn't discuss personal information with her while at work and to please call me at home and leave a message with a number where I can call back. I cannot believe this treatment after all this time and I am going to complain to Citibank for selling my loan to this incredibly sleezy company.

• Aa
    aadair27 Jul 15, 2011

I have also had nothing but problems with Santander, these reps are rude and treate their customers like the ### of the earth. And, as someone who spent 4+ years working in a call center, I can say that 15 calls a day is HARASSMENT. And regardless of anyone's credit standing an employee of any company should NEVER call a customer a "loser", "a deadbeat", etc.

• Fe
    fedupwithu2 Jul 14, 2011

Santander is a horrible company. My account got sold to them and not because I have bad credit. My credit score is 790 and I am not delinquent with any bills. I have had nothing but issues with making payments on this stupid account. I couldn't get my account unlocked for months. I would get transferred from one rep to another. I would get hung up on. I called to make a payment for 475.00 and they took out 924.00 from my bank account. I wrote down the dollar amount and confirmation #. And the customer service rep kept telling me that it was my fault. F U Santander. This is by far the worse company i have ever dealt with and I can not wait to pay off my truck. I'm not even mad at the reps because it's not their fault how their company is. The company obviously does not train their reps to handle calls in a professional manner.

• Ky
    kymp Jul 01, 2011

I'm glad his spelling was already addressed.. I am also glad you informed me of how I became a santander consumer USA account holder.. Because what you stated is false, in my case. I was a citi financial customer- I deployed and when I came home was informed citi was no more.. I was also told santander handled most of those protected under the soldiers and sailors act.. that's sad.. none of us WANT to have anything to do with this company.. and Yes, they suck, they are uneducated and underpaid.. I have (in one year and many many many calls TO them, not from them) spoke to ONE woman who had any parts of a human brain.. one out of 300 not bad.. LOL

• Cy
    cyclghst Jun 22, 2011

I never took out a loan with Santander. I made my loan with Citi who sold it to Santander. Now that I have paid off the loan they are continuing to take monthly charges out of my account and failing to return the money to me despite repeated calls, faxes, and emails. I was NEVER late with a payment even one time. How is this MY fault? You are an idiot if you think this company has good business practices.

johnsantander Jun 20, 2011

Hi!!! It's been awhile, have you missed me!!!

• Th
    THE RIGHT 1 Jun 13, 2011

THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM AND CANT BE TRUSTED THEY HAVE BEAT SO MANY PEOPLE OUT OF THERE MONEY WITH INTREST RATE, DOWN PAYMENTS, PAYOFFS, SETTLEMENT OFFERS THAT PEOPLE HAVE PAID MONTHS AGO THAT ARE STILL SHOWING UP ON THERE CREDIT STATING THAT THEY STILL A BALANCE TO THERE JACK OFFS ... I HOPE THESE LAWYERS EAT SANTANDER ### UP!!! PREPARE FOR CHAPTER 7 ITCHES

• Do
    doinwhatsright May 30, 2011

To be honest, after reading all of this, it's actually quite funny. I must say that I have to agree with both sides. Santander can be harassing at times, only if you allow them. If I had to choose, I would have to agree with JohnSantander and FinanceManager (ABSOLUTELY IN NO WAY DEFENDING THEM). Why, because they're right in my opinion. If you're wondering, I am a customer with Santander Consumer originally with Citi Financial. Of course I'm not proud to say that I'm a customer, but hey, it is what it is. Being 23, yes like everyone else, I've made some mistakes dealing with credit, but I don't blame no one but myself. I'm not the type to sit around and complain about something that can be fixed. Instead, I take responsibility for my actions and work toward correcting them. If you're wondering, no my credit is not bad as we speak as strongly stated in other post. Getting back to the point, if you all feel so negative about this company, then do what you have to do to part ways with them. It's not hard at all. Like many others, I absolutely can't stand talking to whoever is on the other line, because the outcome is never pretty. In reality, I clearly pay no attention to Santander Consumer. I just do what I have to do to separate myself from them. I honestly think that you all should really be thankful that you have transportation to get you from point A to point B. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not taking sides as stated above. And please do not come at me with nonsense. Best believe I am not the one. I'm CRAZY AS HELL, and will most definitely come after you to resolve the situation, so be very smart and wise how you comment at my post. Besides that, all I'm saying is take responsibility in your actions and do what's right. Do like I do, don't give them a reason to call. And if by any chance they do call for some reason, don't answer the phone. That's what the answering machine there for.

• Ke
    kelkri210 May 29, 2011

John Santander you are a jerk!! Unless this is happening to you, you have no idea how hard this is. It's not about paying anything on time. It the fact that Santander is not treating customers fairly!! Get a life, and until you walk a mile in someone else s shoes don't start judging!!

FDL_HOU May 29, 2011

Sorry trying, but it has happened before. I wouldn't trust one thing they say. Keep in mind, oral agreements NOT IN WRITING have n bearing and are useless. These pathetic ### know this and one person may offer deferral and then you call back and they deny it. If it smells like a rat, then Santander does come to mind. There mindet and you can rad even that John Santander comments above is you are crap because you have bad credit and Santander ha a superioty complex attitude with its customers. I personally do not have a loan with this ### but I do read other threads on this horrible and despicable company.

• Tr
    trying to do right May 27, 2011

I personally do not have a problem with this company. I have an auto loan with them, by default, since they bought out United Auto Credit. I get what people are saying. I have had the ridiculous amount of phone calls when late, and I do feel like the fees to make the payments are a little insane, but I just suck it up because I need my vehicle. Anyway, my reason for being on this site is because I was just offered by a rep who called me from Santander to do a payment deferral since my account is currently past due (my own fault, I know, but life happens) and I with all the bad things being written about the company, I'm wondering if this is legit, or if this is going to come back to haunt me? I do not want to be in a position where they call me and say we need an ungodly amount of money immediately or we are going to come take your car. Anyone have a good experience where the payment deferal worked out, and all was well? I do not mind it being tacked on, and paying the interest. I am only interested in making sure my payments stay the same, and that I get caught up with my account. Also, with everyone who says that Santander has "lost" their payments...how are you paying...i plan on doing my pay off in January and want to avoid any issues.

• Sp
    Sparkeyndnqt01 May 18, 2011

Guys I am not here to name call or degrade, I am simply here to try to warn would be buyers about this terrible company. It doesn't matter to these people if you are a current customer or running behind. These are just rude people and they really don't deserve to have jobs. I just can't believe the amount of interest that they charge and the level of customer service! With a level of 1-10 I give santander a -100! I seriously have NOTHING positive to say about this company!

• Li
    lifelrnr May 06, 2011

HA HA! John Santander, I see that you are at it again! You bring a lot of entertainment value to this discussion, Johnny Boy. Too bad your arguments can't hold a drop of water in this forum!

FDL_HOU May 05, 2011

Wrong again [censored]. I dont have any car loans, , ### for brains. I know people who have loans with that [censored]hole company and will expose them for the garbage they truly are. It is pathetic that ###s like you breathe the same air. Trashing people who are in hard times because of this economy. You would never have the balls to say that to these people's faces. You hide behind a computer, you lowlife, ballless wonder. I truly hope you get in that position one day, Johnnyboy ###. If you don't think it can happen to you or any of your family members, think again, [censored]. I stoill find it ironic these poeople didnt have problems with the lender that preceeded Santander that garbage from Spain.

Finance Manager May 05, 2011

Sorry but I no longer live in Tomahawk nor do I work or have I ever worked in Tomahawk. I am a finance manager and am not john santander you idiots. The point is you would never have to use Santander if you would of paid your bills on time in the first place. I'm glad I'm not as pathetic as you people and I can go to any bank I want and they would gladly borrow me money. To bad you don't have options. LMFAO

FDL_HOU May 04, 2011

Bet they have a huge dealership in Tomahawk, WI that everyone all over the country knows about...yeah right.

Tomahawk is a city in Lincoln County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 3, 346 at the 2010 census. Wonder how many cows are included in that total?

Johnnyboy the loser

FDL_HOU May 04, 2011

It is John Santander not a Honda salesman. Look at the last sentence all in caps. PAY YOUR BILLS. What a [censored] you are, Johnnyboy. You don't fool anyone, [censored].

FDL_HOU May 04, 2011

Hey sales loser. You do realize some of these complaints is because this bottom feeding company screws people on giving their titles, lies when they receive the payments and lies on the phone to people. That has NOTHING to do with bad credit problems, [censored]. No wonder Honda sucks; they employ public high school educated ###s, like you.

Finance Manager May 04, 2011

I am a finance manager at a very reputable Honda dealership. I also agree with johnsantander. I have had many people do there financing through Santander. By the way people, they do not pick the cars nor sell the cars. All they do is help finance people with horrible credit. They are the only chance you people have when it comes to financing a car. Why would you bad mouth the only bank that would give you a chance? Do you not understand they deal with people not paying everyday? You cant be the nice guy all the time and when people dont pay there car payment on time they have to be ###. You ever met a bill collector that is nice? Or how about a repo guy that is nice? Sorry but they have to have thick skin to deal with bad credit people. So basically if you would like to have a bank that treats you like your mommy then you should pay your bills and not have bad credit in the first place. I hope you people eventually figure that out! PAY YOUR BILLS!!!