Santander Consumer USA Logo

Santander Consumer USA

Having problems with Santander Consumer USA?

Santander Consumer USA Customer Service Contacts

Thu7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sat7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Santander Consumer USA Customer Service. Initial Santander Consumer USA complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Santander Consumer USA above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Santander Consumer USA. Discuss the issues you have had with Santander Consumer USA and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Santander Consumer USAcar loan

My husband and I bought a car may 2013. We borrowed 26, 000 loan has matured and we still owe almost 16, 000. It should be illegal for this company to be in business. I understand my credit was poor and I was going to pay a higher interest rate. It was never explained to me that this was a sub prime loan or what that meant. Please help me and all the other victims of this company.

T
    Jan 29, 2020

Santander Consumer USA — car loan

I began business late sept 2016. Since then the car was repocessed 2 times. First time due miscommunication...

Santander Consumer USA2011 nissan altima

Car was stolen. Told them that wherever they found the car I wasnt notified that it was found therefore the car was repossessed without notification. I was mislead over the phone to finding my car. Car was repossessed unfairly now it's on my credit reports. I'm disputing as much as possible to get it removed from all of my credit reports. Contacted them recently about car to see if they would remove it from my reports.

E
      Jan 10, 2020

Santander Consumer USA — loans

To whom this may concern, I Valeria Randle, am making a complaint against this loan company. My husband...

Santander Consumer USAauto loan, interest fees, no movement on principal, fees for no reason.

I purchased a car in 2013. It was a used 2006 Toyota Corolla for 10k. For 4 years i made payments of over 9800 on that loan with Santander and it on took 1900 off the principal. It should be illegal the way they take people's money. They are stating that I still owe 7663. Can someone please explain how???!!! This company should be shut down. I am one complaint out of millions and they are being sued left and right. I really need help breaking free from these vultures.

Santander Consumer USAharassment... fraudulent activity from car lot

I received a car loan from santander back in 2013... I was paying 648 a month for a 2013 dodge challenger... and I filed bankrupt in 2019 and I was still owing santander around 25000... when I got the car loan back in 2013... the car lot was doing fraudulent activites... I didn't have license... and I didnt have a down payment... and they used my impala as a down payment without actually getting the car... I tried later to contact the car lot... turns down they had shut down... the name of the place was canton auto park in canton mississippi

Santander Consumer USAauto finance

I am in complete disgust with this company. I have been with this company since April 2015. We are now on 01/07/2020 and my auto loan is still at $14, 600. I have mad a total payment of $14, 036, starting with a loan of $19, 528. How is it that I still owe $14, 600 still after 4 years and 9 months into the loan. I would like answers and help with this situation. I see I am not the only one going through this. I need help!!!

Santander Consumer USAauto loan.

I purchased and had a car financed by Santander. These people are horrible. I mad payments mainly on time. They tripled our financing charges. Added late payments when there was none . Marked we had missed payments when we did not I had wired the money and had proof. They gave me 45 days to pay off the car. I was tryin to do so they came way before the 45 days. Repossessed the vehicle sold it at auction for 3k and are trying to sue me for the remaining 11k on the vehicle. So now I have no car, they are trying to sue me and have ruined my credit. I need some help please. I have always paid off every car I have ever had financed but even with making your payments on time the balance never went down. It's disheartening and I see so many complaints they should seriously have to close their company what they are doing to hard working people just is not right.

Santander Consumer USAsantander bank

This company need to be stop they take advantage of people I made my payment on time and also try pay as much to principal to pay loan sooner when I check the total that was left I seen I paid more interest then in principal I call they said they charge daily intress this just make me mad hope we can sing to be part of a lawsuit against this unfair company

W
                Dec 03, 2019

Santander Consumer USA — I got repossessed after 4 months said santander representing

I had a 2013 Ford Explorer and I paid 5, 000 Down with a trade in and 468 per month. The first year the truck...

Santander Consumer USAcar loan

Santander continue to send letters in the mail stating that I'm behind on my bill I paid $900, in September over, $400 October and no member theg seng me letter stating that I'm behind o et $800. I will be suing. I eat t to know who are the proper people I need to talk regarding my account. The last person there was extremely rude I had to tell her to show some professionalism when speaking to me.

S
                  Nov 16, 2019

Santander Consumer USA Inc. — auto loan

Purchased a 2014 Nissan Versace Note in 2014 through Michael Jordan Nissan in Durham NC. Lost my job in...

Santander Consumer USAauto loan

Santander is reaging the delinquency date on a charge off on my account causing my credit to continuously drop by several points. The account was charged off on 08/2014 and had been reporting as a charge off each month since then. I was in the middle of a mortgage and they changed the charged off date to 10/19 and now my credit is showing a new delinquency. My credit score dropped by over 30 points and now I am being denied my mortgage. I need assistance And to fight them for these inaccuracies. The credit bureaus will not update the correct info either.

K
                    Nov 13, 2019

Santander Consumer USA — auto loan

I co-signed as I was told for my daughter turns out my name is on the loan first. She has been making...

Santander Consumer USAauto loan and bad malpractice

Santander Consumer USA, has been harassing myself and my wife all hours of the day. Charged off my account and continued to expect me to pay them with a charge off. I could not even trade the vehicle in if I wanted to I want to get from under Santander so badly. They do not care about their customers life events. They repossessed my vehicle back in 2017 and had the company take the truck to Florida. The company ensured me that they would bring the vehicle back to me and that was not the case I had to pay 500.00 dollars to get myself back down to Florida during the mandatory evacuation to get my vehicle and drive up to North Carolina. Santander's mission statement does not depict the company. I have personally told them that they have a bad business practice. I can not even speak to the office of the president any longer.

Santander Consumer USAsantander auto loan

From the beginning things with Santander were bad. The harassing phone calls to switching the names on the loan. My father cosigned with me being the applicant getting the loan. I got an outrageous interest rate, but I needed the car. 6 months after receiving my car they would call asking for my father, in would reply that I'm the loan holder and asked how could in help. They would then hang up. I got behind because I had surgery and made arrangements with them for repaying the behind and the current. I just got back to work and called them and I couldn't even get anyone on the phone a it would ring and then hang up. I had to three way call them with my dad's phone so I could speak to someone. They repeated called my father and never called me. Finally after the three way call they unblocked MY number, everyday they can me while I'm at work and I'm not allowed to be in my phone while I'm at work because I work the government and in told Santander this and made arrangements to start catching everything up. I just got back to work 4 weeks ago and this week got my first full check today 11/1/19, and was going to pay a full payment today. But went to leave for work and my car is gone. I called them and again I was hung up on after waiting 5 minutes in hold. I called back and the que was so full it told me to call back in a few hours. I waiting an hour and finally got ahold of someone. They had no idea if my car had been repoed or not!!! And said calls us back in 4 hours! But sent the release to the repo company for me to pick up my belongs, with me on the phone. I then called the repo company and they have no record of it's been picked up yet. It's been 3 hours since they took it and they have no idea where it is!?!?!?!?!
                      This company is crazy. The harass me everyday, break arrangements, and screw with people's account. This needs to stop.

Santander Consumer USAthe payoff balance never drops after paying 3 years.

This bank is causing me stress. Now have I'll health. I was paying more then required payments 10 days before due date n it always cost me.more interest. I calculated my principal pmts. N their amt. Is Much higher. I've been throwing money down the toilet w them. I'm 70 n can't afford monies anymore. The engine. Blew.up w only 70, 000 miles On car. Orig odometer reading was 59, 000 3 yrs. Ago. The cars transmission began slipping after a month. Used car dealer never had warranty sticker on window of car. Dealer charged me $347.00 for my free one yr. Oil changes. Both scam artists. Car sitting now.

Santander Consumer USAcar loan

I paid Sander Consumer for 5 years the payments applied if $453.00 monthly was never applied to principal balance. After 5 years I had no choice but to surrender the car. Even the blue book value of purchase has been paid 3 times and Santander is still wanting 17k more. The car lot was shut down for fraud and Santander is draining my credit and phone calls want stop!

C
                            Oct 22, 2019

Santander Consumer USA — lack of accountability & responsibility

To Santander Management: There was a payment that was made the first week of August 1st and was mailed to...

Santander Consumer USAauto loan rule 78 applied

A no rule 78 additional interest stipulations made at time of signing contract in texas after specific instructions and multiple instructions stipulating only a pure single interest loan. (this has been acknowledged by the selling dealer)
                            Also, after 14 months payment of $578. A month "payoff" was quoted as $23, 100 on an originated loan of $24, 500 and when I asked to make an appointment to view the original "wet signature" loan document I was told the dealership had it... Which was not only a lie but something I had already verified as not being true in any santander loans they have ever made! The dealership has agreed to assist me in any/every way to verify my position.