SaiaDelivery / service / attitude

J May 05, 2020

On April 22, 2020, I purchased a desk and chair from Office Depot. It was originally supposed to arrive next day. Then I was told it would be delivered by April 28, 2020. When it did not arrive by 5:00 p.m. on April 28, 2020, I called Saia Freight and was told that Mary was in charge of my shipment. I was then transferred to a fax machine - not a voicemail. I called back and left a voicemail for Mary. Mary did not return my call. The afternoon of April 29, 2020, I attempted to call Mary again. Mary did not answer, so I left another voicemail. Midday, April 30, 2020, Mary still had not returned my call, so I called again - left another voicemail. I then called Office Depot. Office Depot was going to follow up and return my call, they did not call me back. On the morning of April 31, 2020, I called Mary again - and she finally answered her phone. She failed to apologize for not returning my previous calls. Her response was: "you mean you still have not received your delivery?" She then promised that it would be delivered the following Monday, May 4, 2020 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Well, it was not delivered on May 4, 2020. at 5:05 p.m., I called Office Depot again. Office Depot put me on hold and called Saia Freight, only to be placed on a hold for more than 10 minutes. Office Depot said there was no reason for me to stay on hold, that they would stay on hold until someone answered and then Office Depot would call me back. Office Depot failed, again, to call me back. The morning of May 5, 2020, I called Office Depot and asked for a supervisor. I was put on eternal hold and eventually hung up. I had decided that I would physically go to Office Depot to settle this matter. However, Saia Freight showed up at my door. The shipping label clearly said: "Inside Delivery Pre-Approved" and "Residential Delivery". However, the delivery driver refused to bring it into my home. The desk weighed 166 lbs. At first, he was just going to drop it on my driveway. I asked him to put it on the porch - which he reluctantly did. When I questioned him about not delivering it inside, he told me he wasn't allowed to so. I then called Saia to complain about this entire fiasco. The girl that answered the phone agreed that the shipping label said "Residential Delivery" "Inside Delivery Pre-Approved". However, she told me that this was just "standard language" that automatically printed on every shipping label. She said that it was there policy not to deliver items inside a residence. I was DONE. I told her that I would be leaving a bad review; filing a complaint with Saia and Office Depot.