Menu
Home Food & Beverages Safeway false and encryption web browser hacking

Safeway review: false and encryption web browser hacking

C
Author of the complaint
6:39 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This company is a total scam defrauding people to believe there is a problem with your computer, each time you try to close the notice, it places cookies into you computer, and possible causing the problem they claim to fix. Please report them on every complaint website if you get this notice.

More Safeway complaints & reviews

Safeway - false
Safeway - crv charge for meat!
Safeway - safeway store manager
Safeway - misleading coupon
3 comments
A
Jan 27, 2016 1:28 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY OR GRANT THEM ACCESS TO YOUR COMPUTER! Back in March 2015 I unfortunately allowed them and paid them 149.99$ and they gained access to my computer the very same day I watched their tech support gain access to my computer without my consent not once not twice but three times and watched in horror as they pulled up with my two 6 and 8year old boys in the room. I scrambled to click out of all p sites and cut off his access to my computer! I called and was told that it would be taken care of and was harassed for now a year by continuous techs claiming my computer is messed up and if I pay an additional 50$ they harassed me so bad when I was 8months pregnant with my youngest I was literally in tears and yelling for them to please leave me alone I didn't have an additional 50$ to pay them that I had already paid them over 140$ they continue to harass me and I have requested every time they call to please cancel and refund me my money and also my husband has spoken to them as well and the techs actually have the nerve to tell me that the person that got access to my computer without my consent and watched p 3x ... well... that never happened... I am hoping this will stop any other persons to purchase this company! THEY ARE A SCAM!

T
Apr 27, 2015 3:38 pm EDT

Yeah, they got me too! Fortunately, I read this complaint before I was going to pay them but that was after I let them scan my whole computer. When I told their tech on the phone what I was reading, he said he would get his supervisor then he hung up. I contacted the real MS tech support and it took them hours clear everything out and install a new firewall. It cost me $149 (what those crooks charge) but I also have unlimited access to tech support and the firewall for a year. Thanks for giving me the heads up!

M
Apr 16, 2015 6:57 pm EDT

Same thing just happen to my Girlfriend, good thing she merge me in, I just brought her a Hp computer it isn't even 2 weeks old and all she use her computer for was Netflix. The man was getting very impatient and wanted her to pay 149.99 for one year. I told her to hang up the phone and I did some research they are a bug scam they wanted to get access to her computer, and she has a anti-virus program already installed and her computer doesn't have one virus, I just purchased it . Do not give them any time, hang up its a scam.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

949 complaints