Safelite AutoGlass Logo

Safelite AutoGlass

Having problems with Safelite AutoGlass?

+1 888 892 2342 (Schedule An Appointment Or Get A Quote)
+1 877 865 5629 (Update An Appointment)
+1 877 865 5610 (Warranty Inquiries)
7400 Safelite Way
Columbus, Ohio
Locations

Schrock

2231 Schrock Road, Columbus, OH 43229

Chandler
2080 West Chandler Blvd, Chandler, AZ 85224

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Safelite AutoGlass.

Complaints & Reviews

Safelite Auto GlassGlass replaced my windshield what I believe to be below

I recently had my windshield replaced by safelite auto glass.It was done in Dec. 2010. My car is garaged. I took it out in late January and received a tiny little nick on my wind shield drivers side. This turned into a long vertical crack. I have never seen anything like this happen before. I have had several nicks on my windshield but they have never resulted into such an extensive crack. I called Safelite and they came out and said there was nothing they could do. Mind you the windshield was replaced just a little over a month ago. Although I have no complaints with the people I spoke to but I believe and several of my neighbors and friends believe it is a poor quality glass. I will never do business with them again.

daveh Aug 15, 2011

Several of your friends and neighbors believe it is a poor quality glass? Yes, that's very credible, thanks. What's next, are you going to post an informed opinion from your plumber about the brain surgery equipment at the Cleveland Clinic?

• Jb
      jbfirebird Aug 15, 2011

a chip in a windshield is very easily turned into a crack that will typically grow. doesnt matter how long ago it was put in.
      i ran into a similar situation, a rock the size of a dime hit my windshield. i didnt see a crack or any sign of anything. leave to go home from work, and i have a crack that is about a foot long in my windshield.
      all that it takes is the vehicle body or windshield to flex a little bit and that crack will grow like you wont believe.

• Ad
      advocateoftruth Sep 29, 2011

Safelite manufactures their own glass, and is indeed second rate. Stress cracks and other weaknesses make their glass inferior.

Just to insult someone because of their opinion clearly labels daveh an employee or a person with a vested interest IN safelite. Safelite has effectively, with foreign investors, bought up nearly all major insurance glass claim networks, and routinely steer the jobs to their own trucks. This is common knowledge that and independent glass installer will attest to.

So save the insults, you piece of crap, we have your number and word of mouth works miracles.

• Ny
      Nytro Dec 17, 2011

I'm a self employed auto glass technician with 19 years experience. I know many others in the industry and it is widely known that Safelite buys up old glass molds from other manufacturers once the molds are past their useful lifespan and are out of tolerance. They put these molds back into production knowing they will produce low quality parts with distortions and other defects, but it allows them to make their own parts cheaply. You get what you pay for. Here's another thing - the federal DOT stipulates minimum thickness for all windshields sold in the US. How Safelite cheats here too is by using thinner glass on the inner and outer panes of a windshield with a thicker polymer sheet in between to make up the total thickness, so the actual glass portion of the windshield is in fact thinner and weaker.

Safelite AutoWindshield replacement

I had a cracked windshield which when I called my insurance company was refered to Safelite. I scheduled an appoinmtent on a Saturday morning at 8 a.m. to fit in my schedule. After the replacement I was advised that they didn't have the right rain sensor for the window and they broke my review mirror. I was advised that someone would call me to set up an appointment with a dealer. I was called and advised that I needed to take the car to a dealer and get an estimate. I would then have to fax it in and wait for them to determine if it was within their budget. I guess if not, I would have to take more time off until I found an estimate within their budget. And finally after they felt it was acceptable, I would have to take another day off to get it fixed. I asked for a rental so they could go get it fixed, I didn't qualify. When they asked for my deductable payment, it was made on the spot in good faith. They need to change their motto to "If we screw your car up, we will probaly fix it if it doesn't cost too much!"

Safelite Auto GlassBad service

I had an appointment 8a-12p no show by 12 so I called. they said they would call tech and get back with me. Got no call and 2hrs. and 30 min later he showed up. Also he did not have any change when i gave him cash, at this time he told me I should tip him for what the change would be. I told him he was 2 1/2 hours late and his tip was to be on time! so i went and got change and left him outside in the heat for 30 min. If you are going to be late, call!! other people have things they have to do, like being at work on time.

Jason Jul 12, 2010

When you call gieco insurance your talking to safelite possing as your ins agent then they do everything to make you us there glass shop, safelite! choose anybody other than safelite auto glass, preferably american owned and always request oem auto glass as replacement parts.Safelite sells the cheapest glass from china xyz sgc very distorted and often does not fit properly. then when customers complain they blame the installation and send a better brand.they force there installers to do jobs knowing it will have to be redone and dont replace everything they should to save money often creating problems like wipers that dont work or bmw windows that fog up because they dont replace the moisture sensore.you have the right to use any shop you want call the shop of your choosing and often they can file your claim.

Safelite Auto Glass Sep 01, 2010

This issue seems to match another posted on a similar site. If you still need assistance, please e-mail [protected]@safelite.com.

Thanks,

Jessica

JacW34 Dec 16, 2010

Had safe lite come replace the windshield in my jeep cherokee. Unfortunately for me it did not rain for 3 months after the repair, when it did rain my driver floor was flooded. Called in assured it was covered under warranty was given window 8-12. Tech came out and attempted to flood the windshield seem with caulk to seal leak. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME!! Tech decided that he has no clue as to why the windshield is leaking where it is so he is just going to replace the glass. Tech comes installs the new windshield all seems great aside from the tear that is in the headliner now. 3 weeks later rains again and now it is flooding the passenger floorboard. I contacted cust.support got another window of 8-12. Waited till noon and called cust. support. Yes sir, we show you scheduled for the hours of 8-12 the tech will be there. 1700 no tech, I called the following afternoon, oh sorry the tech was supposed to call and inform you that he would not make it till Friday. Our bad he will be there 8-12 on Friday. Gee thanks I will not be home how about another day. Better yet give me a refund, come get your glass that way you don't think I am just going to keep it and let my car leak and I will find another company!!

Safelite Auto GlassHorrible service

We ordered our windshield early last week, and were told it would be delivered that Friday between 8am and 5pm. No one showed, then my husband found a voicemail on his cell saying they weren't coming because of the rain, OK that's understandable, then the message clearly said that they would deliver the windshield Wednesday July 14, between 8am and 5pm, my husband and I both listened to the message to be sure. So Wednesday came, and no one showed, this time there was no message. So we called and the woman said that in her notes it said we were supposed to get it on Friday between 8am and 12pm, and that no one said they would be there Wednesday.

So by now we were beyond frustrated but since the windshield needed replaced ASAP we agreed to the Friday delivery. So 12pm came and went, finally the delivery guy called and said that he needed to see if some other guy would cover him but that he'd be there around 3. Then my husband calls me to see if the guy had called me and he said that the delivery guy told him that it would be between 3 and 5 but closer to 3. 3pm came and went as well, my husband called again saying that now the guy was going to be there between 6 and 8, but most likely before 7. At 8pm he pulls into the driveway, I was so frustrated I had my husband handle the entire transaction, at 9pm he finished and left. My husband gave me the receipt to file when I saw we had been charged for someone else's windshield! But since what we paid was less than we were quoted for our windshield I have no intention of calling Safelite on it, it's the least they can do!

madamtess Dec 11, 2010

This company consists minimally of incompetents but worse liars, cheaters, and thieves work there with no regard for their customers or those forced to give them business through Nationwide Auto Insurance. I will never give them a dime in my life.

Safelite Auto GlassRepairs are not guaranteed!

I had Safelite out and 6, 000 miles later the windshield cracked. We all know the jingle "Safelite repair, Safelite replace". The work is guaranteed except they fail to tell you in the commercials that after your deductible it is replaced free of charge. Oh and by the way if the trim is damaged you replace it, not Safelite. Plus there is a $4.95 charge which I still couldn't get an answer to what that was for.

Sadly when the work was originally completed the repair guy asked my wife to read and sign the paperwork. There is a lot of small print and she did not have her glasses with her in the driveway. Then he asked her to check his work. (Shouldn't checking the work come first, then signing the paperwork?)She noticed that the repair was bad and told him there was a bubble. He said, "Don't worry, the repair is guaranteed". Uh, no it isn't!

I complained to my insurance company and she said that they are getting many calls complaining about this company for unethical practices. Technically in the small print the guarantee is listed, they just fail to tell the consumer. My insurance company filed my complaint and they are reviewed quarterly to evaluate the vendor. Hopefully they will be terminated one day!

• Bp
              bpeoples Jun 27, 2010

Safelite will always be at the top of the list when it comes to glass repair. Keep complaining to your insurance company, but since Safelite handles 90% of insurance companies glass claims they will continue to be at the top of the list. Another reason they are at the top of the list is because they are hands down the best company out there for this work. Do some online research and you will see that windshield repair is a gamble. Some shops claim they fix it while in reality they did nothing more than fill the crack in with super glue. I know of people getting awful repairs from shops their luxury vehicle dealerships recommend. As for unethical practices, get real, read the print that is what it is there for, next time do some research because I find it hard to believe that a BBB A+ rated company that has been around for 50+years does anything unethical

• Ny
              Nytro Dec 17, 2011

bpeopples, are you kidding me? Do you actually believe what you said? I've been in the auto glass industry for 19 years and can factually tell you that Safelite is considered the wasteland of the industry, known for low quality work by low quality technicians. As for the BBB rating, you're a liar. The BBB has individual offices in major cities, and you're going to tell me every single Safelite across the country is in good standing with every single BBB office? You couldn't possibly know this, meaning you're lying. They are clearly not the best company and the research you suggest shows piles upon piles of complaints about Safelite.

Safelite Auto GlassTerrible service

They said I can wait in waiting room while they are fixing it and I trusted them.

After they finish with their job they told me don't use that window for 24 hours because clue needs to be fixed. Next day when I tested the window i realized upper rim of the glass in cracked and I am assuming they should have seen (or actually they might have seen) the crack while they were installing and they did not tel me. So I asked them to come and repair because it was under warranty.

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND DON'T CONSIDER THEM ESPECIALLY THE ADDRESS THAT I WENT.

• Ld
                ldpare Aug 01, 2009

I called and made an appointment for a front windshield replacement. I was initially given a service time of noon until 5pm. I called at 5pm and was told the serviceman arrived at 11:30am and left. No phone call was placed except for one that reminded me to be available from 1pm to 4pm. I spent all Saturday waiting for them, they are closed on Sunday, I'm driving 7 hrs tomorrow with an ever growing 1 foot crack on my windshield. they offered to reschedule . . . .REALLY?

safelite Aug 18, 2009

We are trying to reach you. Please call [protected] at your earliest convenience.

Darren Jun 08, 2010

Scheduled an appointment for them to come to our house to replace our cracked windshield. The appointment time was for noon - 6 pm so I had to stay home from work. I called around 4:30 to confirm they were still going to come and was assured arrival between 5:30 and 6 pm. At 7 pm they still had not arrived, nor had they called to reschedule. When I called to ask where they were, there was an automated message that their offices close at 5 pm and to call back. I couldn't even leave a message!!

I called my insurance company and they tried to reschedule me with Safelite and I asked for a different company. I did not want to waste my time again. The company that I rescheduled with said this was the third time in 2 days that they got called to do a job that Safelite didn't show up for.

• Gl
                Glen Jul 30, 2010

Got new windshield installed from Safelite Auto Glass.

The Technician sheared off the windshield wiper post after installation. It was a Brand New Volkswagen.

Now, I have to burn at least another hour of my time for a second appointment.

it was Very unprofessional that no one at Safelite bother to call to tell me either.

"We're Sorry" was the response when I came to pick it up.

They Offered to replace it.

And said it would take a second appointment.

Then said it would be at at least an hour if not more.

They better replace a new wiper post.

Safelite Auto Glass should be Ashamed for its Lack of Customer Service.

• Mi
                MisterCup Jun 28, 2011

Safelite made an appointment to replace a windshield today and sent me an email confirmation. I was told they could arrive any time between 8:00AM and noon and it could take up to 2 hours to make repairs. They then failed to show:. When I called I was placed on hold for 10 minutes|. Their representative then tried to tell me the appointment was for tomorrow". When I read the confirmation to her, she said words to the effect of "Sorry, would it be convenient if we came between 8:00AM and noon tomorrow?" There was no mention of how the company might mitigate the inconvenience by narrowing the window tommorrow, perhaps by placing us first on tomorrow's repair list, etc.. Safelite has now kept me potentially tied up for 12 hours over two days.. I've reported this to my excellent insurance company, USAA, and they are following up with a Safelite executive;. I can live with a human scheduling error!. What irritates me is the lack of action to mitigate their mistake by reducing the impact on my time.

Safelite Auto GlassBad tech

I had my windshield repaired for a crack yesterday, the tech took all of 7 minutes to work on it and left. The windshield was not fixed properly. When I drive, there are two bright shinny lines on my window next to my eye level view of vision. I took my car into the local Safelite Auto Glass dealer who had sent the mobile unit to my house so that they could look at it, and they said there was nothing they could do about it. They didn't even offer an apology. Customer Beware!!! I'm not using these folks ever again!

Safelite Auto Glass — Cheap glass

Need a third windshield (heated) for my subaru 2003 outback. Safelite said could have been minor crack but...

Safelite GlassPooooooor Service and un professional

Company performed poorly when replacing the rear glass in my SUV. They replaced the glass but didn't re-install the wiper or the heat connection to the window. They told me they didn't create the rust in the wiper so it wasn't their responsibility. They put in the glass and left me with the wiper dangling, two holes in the window and they werer as agogant as they could be. They will never see me again and they haveen't heard the last of this. THey are a pure ripoff.

Safelite Auto Glass — False advertising

We had 2 cars with a very tiny crack on windshield for so many months and nothing changed on crack, until we...

Safelite Auto GlassUnprofessional

This company is not honorable, professional, or reliable. I made an appointment through the 800 number to have the technician come to my home and repair my windshield. The technician did not show up nor did he call to advise me he was not coming. I call the 800 number for safelite and registered my complaint with them. They notified me that it is my responsibility to call the local office and complain. I said that was not my job and I would find someone else to do my repair. I have since read multiple complaints where they do not HONOR their work and do not show up.

My advice is to FIND SOMEONE ELSE!

• Co
                      Concerned Dec 17, 2009

I just had the Central Ave Office in Yonkers, NY cancel with me. The best part is the story!

Received a call @ 9:10 am EST and was told the tech that was supposed to come out canceled and I'd have to bring the car in. After telling him that I called Safelite for the onsite service and if there were any other techs he could send out, he stated, "No other techs are going to want to go out, it's too cold." I reminded him that I had a garage the work could be done in and he still said I'd have to bring it in.

Called customer service @ 9:13 AM and she called the branch and returned back stating that she spoke with a manager that would call me in 20 minutes and honor the appointment.

Received an incoming call @ 9:40 AM from the 914 # belonging to the Central Ave office. When I picked up in 2 rings, they hung up when I said hello.

Called the number back immediately and was routed to the corporate offices. The gentleman called the Central Ave office and I received a call back in 10 minutes, while I was still on hold with corp offices. Spoke with Ann who told me they were going to have the tech "pick my car up and bring it to the shop to save me the inconvenience of driving it in myself". Now, I don't know how many of you would give your keys over to a random person from a random shop that has already made your morning miserable, but this wasn't happening. Told her, "Thank you, but I'll take the onsite service." She told me this was the only option and gave me the customer satisfaction # to call to complain if I wanted to. When asking about the manager that was supposed to come out, she stated that the manager is on vacation and she had no idea what arrangements I was talking about.

Called customer satisfaction @ 9:52 AM and they had me on hold for about 30 minutes. Apparently there is a main hub location for every x number of safelite locations, and they dole out the assignments. So while I was still shown on the list for the day, they had no idea what was going on. The customer satisfaction agent finally came into contact with Ann from the Central Ave location and was given the same story. The customer satisfaction agent is now calling and trying to resolve the issue and will call me back as soon as she has another location "willing" to send someone out.

BOTTOM LINE: Use a local shop that you can get referred to by a mechanic you can trust and support your local independent business owners. The safelite service is HORRIBLE and they have no control over their fanchises actually holding up appointments, and apparently from complaintsboard.com any other promises!!

Safelite Auto GlassCauses damages

It all started with a call to my insurance company..who was nice enough to send Safelite out without any charge. My 99 ford had a 2 tiny lil spots, concerned the star crack (which was the size of a green pea) would spread and the small crater above it would crack, I made the call. After a short day and a half wait, the Safelite guy came, put some glue stuff in it and assured me it wouldnt be visable.. (yea right). After he was done I noticed the star crack grew to about the size of a quater, and the glue where the stone crater had lifted up ripping my wiper everytime i went to use them. So, after a few phone calls to safelite, 7 months later they agreed to replace the windshield at no charge. The new windshield was installed, and about 2 weeks later began leaking. After speaking to their customer service people they send someone out to "reseal" it, which was just a quick job of smearing the sealant all over the glass along with it getting all over my trims. After noticing my wiper cover was cracked and my interior A-pillar moldings where cut up and messed up with the windshield glue, I called safelite once again, they had agreed since the leak to install yet another windshield. I was told by the new service manager who did the 2nd windshield.. my car is old, its not the windshield that leaked and they he could cut the dried on black glue/seal off the damaged interior moldings. Needless to say after countless calls and complaints, they offered a one-time settlement providing a sign a release form regarding my vehicles damages... I would NEVER recomend safelite to anyone. Do the homework and research (most areas have more reliable and respectful auto glass companies in the yellowpages)

Damages to my vehicle cost more than the settlement, $290 for the replacement interior A-pillar moldings, $85 to detail and remove the water/mold and mildew, $350 to have the exterior a-frame pillar to be repainted and $59 for a new sirius satellite radio unit which the tech. damaged. I can't stress enough.. DON'T use Safelite!!!

• Co
                        COMPL YOU BITCH Sep 29, 2010

THEY HIRE NO EXPERIENCE PERSON TO DO THE JOB AND BESIDE THEY PUT MORE 10 JOB FOR INSTALLER !! THE INSTALLER STRESS OUT AND DECIDE TO RUSH ON CUSTOMER WINDSHIELD REPLACMENT. THEY ALWAYS MADE MISTAKE!!

Safelite Auto GlassBad repair service

I don't have a warranty claim, due to the fact that I was not the owner when the repair was completed. However, I have just had the windshield seal repaired by a local bodyshop for $125 and was informed that the SafeLite technician who installed the windshield did not prime or seal the area where he cut out the old urethane. As a result there is a solid wall of rust that has developed right on the cut line, extending up into the roof.

I called SafeLite, but they were completely unconcerned.

Only if I had a new glass claim would they talk to me.

The bodyshop told me that this is all too common with SafeLite. They do a quick and dirty job, bill the insurance company and move on.

I am really angry at this shoddy workmanship. I have used SafeLite in the past for several cars (all sold shortly thereafter), but I will not use SafeLite in the future.

daveh Aug 15, 2011

Absolutely ridiculous. You're actually complaining about past work purportedly done to the vehicle when you weren't even the owner of it?

Safelite Glassthe ability to deliver

Absolutely insane. My insurance company, Travelers, suggested Safelite for my windshield repair. I scheduled a mobile appointment for 6/3 between 12:00pm – 5:00pm at my place of work in Dulles, VA (DC). I received an email with the details which included my work number as the contact. I never received a call. At 6:00pm I called Safelite, told them the situation and rescheduled for 6/4. When I got home 6/3, there were 4 messages from Safelite – one telling me they were waiting outside my building.

Why didn’t they call the work number I left? I specifically said work, not home. Safelite requested BOTH numbers, and I made it clear that I wanted mobile service at my place of work.

The morning of 6/4 I called Safelite to ensure they’d call my work number and confirm the appointment time. I was told I’d receive a call around noon, with an expected arrival time. At 1:30 I called them again, had them check the number, and was told to sit tight and await the call from the technician. 5:00pm, ta da, once again, no call. When I got home there was another message from Safelite on my answering machine.

For the luv of. . . After a few days of cooling off, I called for yet another appointment. 6/12 between 12:00pm and 5:00pm. (How stupid am I?!)

The morning of 6/12, I called Safelite to ensure the time and phone number was correct as I had not received an email detailing the appointment. Safelite assured me someone would be calling and my windshield would be fixed that day barring any serious weather issues. It’s been sunny all day long, it’s now 4:00pm and I just called Safelite again, who kept me on hold for 15+ minutes and then transferred me to ‘the shop, ’ where I spoke with someone who told me they tried to call the technician but he’s not answering and offered “can you wait until after 5:00pm, or would I like to re-schedule?” I said this was the 3rd appointment and I’d like to get a new windshield so I will wait (I work until 6:30 anyway), AND I HAD THEM CHECK THE PHONE NUMBER AGAIN.

It’s now 6:30 and once again. . . NO CALL, NO WINDSHEILD. I’m sure once I get home, I’ll find another call from Safelite on my answering machine. How can so many be so incompetent – how can one simple mistake continue on and on, when it passes thru so many different hands. What is with this organization – how do they stay in business? You’d think the technician would try both numbers if he doesn’t get an answer. Each time I left my desk I’d have someone watching my phone to ensure I didn’t miss the call (not to mention we have voice mail).

Obviously, I’m better off. I can’t express how foolish I feel to admit I gave them 3 opportunities.

I will say, in Traveler’s defense, when I called them to get a new claim number the Traveler’s rep was very apologetic and wanted to contact Safelite and complain. I told her I didn’t want them working on my car, so why bother.

Safelite Auto Glass — Insurance Scam

Unfortunately, I allowed my insurance company (Allstate) to refer me through to Safelite glass to repair two...

Safelite — deny damage claim

called insurance company to replace cracked windshield. they use safelite who did replace the windshield...

Safelite GlassCheap Glass

Just so that everyone knows, please don't be tricked by Safelite or your insurance company to use this cheap glass installing company or any of its affiliates. Safelite Glass Company uses XYG glass which is imported from China and has a low rating and it is NOT OEM ( Original Equipment Manufacturer ) approved. This glass has a pathetic quality rating and it is dirt cheap and it's not safe either. Believe it or not, your insurance company could care less about your safety, just your money. That's why they support Safelite, because it is cheaper for them. Many glass companies use Safelite to supply them with their automobile glass, and that is XYG glass. As an insured motorist, you have the choice to select them or select a glass company who only uses Pilkington Glass. Your insurance company CANNOT tell you to use Safelite! Just so you will know, 60% of your vehicles weight is supported by your windshield if your vehicle ever rolls over. I don't know about you, but my safety and the safety of my loved ones are extremely important to me. If safety means anything to you whatsoever, then stay away from Safelite and ANY of its affiliates, aka, other glass companies who uses them as a supplier. Please don't take my word for any of this. Do what I did and research it a bit. It will not take long before you realize that everything I stated above is simply a fact and none of it fiction. Your life, or a loved ones life, may just depend on it!

Safelite Auto Glass — They're giving me the runaround

A couple of months ago my windshield was broken by rock on the highway. I had the windshield replaced through...