Roomster.comthe whole website purely revolves around deception and ripping you off

B

Stay clear of roomster!!! The whole website purely revolves around deception and ripping you off, after filling in a huge and mostly pointless form you have to pay to use the service then the real joke is that its worse than all of the free ones like spareroom.com and easyroommate! Absolutely useless website for what it is then on top of that they automatically set you up with a direct debit and charge you double the starting price every month - all without telling you! Don't know about you but i'd call that fraud. You'd be an absolute idiot to use roomster and you'd be guaranteed to be ripped off, this company should be shut down.

Jason B.1 Oct 18, 2014

My girlfriend and I used Roomster to rent a room when we took an extended vacation in Europe. Even though we were renting a room in a foreign country Roomster made it very easy to find something that was within our budget and had all the amenities we wanted. A+

• Ti
    TimothycP Oct 08, 2014

I got a beautiful room by using www.roomster.com. Now I’m living there. I am happy because, I found my room within my budget. The landlord of the room is very nice & fresh minded. So that, I am so satisfied to live in my room. Thank you www.roomster.com.

• Be
    Bernicef12 Oct 08, 2014

I was in hesitation for my accommodation. I went Roomster.com for searching a choice-able room within my budget. There I saw many of high quality rooms within my budget. I found a room from those rooms. Roomster.com was a useful website for me. I highly recommend this for searching rooms.

• He
    helenc17 Oct 06, 2014

To get a nice room I signed up in Roomster & I found a very nice room which charges only $475.00 per month. In Roomster I spent only $29.95 for 1 month subscription but, I am not worry about that because, I got a very nice room. I like the services of Roomster.

chouchou Mar 31, 2014

I wish I have read this before.

• To
    Tolike Jan 06, 2012

Found a $30 charge on my account MINUTES after my original 3-day subscription ended. Does not refer to the smaller subscriptions as "trials, " which is what they are. Terrible customer service, they honestly don't care about their customers at all. I'm enraged and ready to spread the word about this scam.

• Cl
    Class Action Counsel Nov 22, 2011

Sounds like a scam. Feel free to send me a message if you want to talk.

• Vi
    Victim Apr 12, 2011

I signed up for roomster.com in hopes of finding a roomate. They had a 3 day membership option in which I signed up for. After three days I noticed that alot of the profiles where either fake designed to get people to sign up for the site or just old outdated profiles. So since the membership was only for 3 days I figured that it was great that I didn't sign up for the whole month membership. Well after 3 days had elapsed roomster automatically signed me up for a month membership. I became furious and contacted customer service in which they told me the 3 day membership is actually a trial offer with renewal. However at no point do they inform the customer during sign up that they are paying for a trial with automatic renewal. The automatic renewal information is only located in fine print hidden inside the terms of agreement, other trial websites make it very obvious that you must cancel before a certain time period in order to avoid automatic renewal roomster.com doesn't care they make there money by trickery.

Customer service was very rude and refused to allow me to contact them by telephone, in fact they ignored my follow up messages as well. They basically got there money and ran without allowing me to explain that there websites needs to better inform the customer that the 3 day membership is acutally a trial offer with renewal.

This website is very suspicious STAY AWAY. In all actuality roomster.com should not even be charging for there service because there are few people with REAL profiles who will respond to your messages. Roomster.com also likes to post fake profiles of users on craigslist, so be careful when you see any links that lead to roomster.com

• Me
    Mel2 Aug 09, 2010

This site is a complete scam. I paid for a 3-day subscription and then I was automatically charged $29.95 THREE minutes after my subscription expired. I emailed them and have yet to receive a response. I filed a complaint with my bank and the gave me a number to call the company since there was no number on the webpage. The number was out of service (Go figure!!!). Do NOT waste your money. There are free sites that you can use such as facebook.com and craigslist.