Complaints & Reviews

Billing

Hello. I signed up for the 7.95 billing and was charged three times for the 24.95 billing. I have cancelled my subscription and was still billed. Twice in one month I might add. I have tried to talk to customer service but they just talk to me in circles. The phone number they provide is only a recording of a woman saying to use the customer service online. I don't understand why I am being billed for something I did not sign up for and why I'm being billed twice in the same month for it! I'm extremely upset with this company and will never use roomster again.

All country Room for recent

All country room for recent

[Resolved] unauthorized charges

They took $24.95 on 2/3/20 and 3/3/20 after I logged in for a so called free trial (they charged $7.95) which was cancelled January 28. I have tried calling the phone number associated with the charges but am unable to talk to anyone. I am being told I have to go to the website where there is still not a help option. How do I stop these charges when there is not a way to talk to the company that is making these charges?

RESOLVED

• Roomster Corporation's response · Apr 02, 2020

Hi Stephanie. I'm sorry for the confusion here. We do not offer a free trial, nor at any point do we claim to do so. The trial offer is a one week subscription at an introductory price which automatically renews to a monthly subscription. If you'd like help cancelling, please reach out to our Helpdesk team on www.roomster.com where we can help resolve this for you.

locked out of account

It is not recognizing my email, but every time I try and create a new account it won't let me because it recognizes the phone number. I need to start new and delete any previous accounts so that I can access Roomster. I've tried logging in using every account I can think of and it doesn't recognize any of them until it wants me to verify my phone number and that is when it says that number is already associated with a google account.

work cancelled after I arrived and no pay

I agreed to work as a bilingual proofreader for over 3-4 weeks. For the 1st day schedule, I travelled to NYC...

notification and cost of subscription

I didn't know or have any knowledge that I would be charged $25. I don't like the app and I've been going back and forth with the support chat and have been getting no where. I haven't used the app since before the charge and they keep ignoring my complaints and coming back me with with little to no information. I would like a refund. I can't afford this app.

scam! do not use roomster.

About a week ago I purchased a 7 DAY TRIAL. 7 DAYS ONLY. They ended up charging me for a month trial, and will not refund me my money, even though their message was not clear at all that they would be charging me automatically. I then contacted them, only to get the same automated message time, and time again. They stole my money and will not give it back. They have done this to many other costumers as well and it is ridiculous that you can't even get in touch with a real costumer service rep to resolve the issue.

can't access my account after paying

I have used roomster in the past and after paying was not able to log back into the account, they send an...

roommate service

This is a scam operation. It has fancy promotional material. It promises a lot. But it is just a scam. All I...

roommate service

Roomster is just a SCAM. Fancy website, fancy emails, fancy promotions, fancy everything...hey, it's all a scam. Do not waste your money or your time on this website. It is just a scam. You will get fake account leads with fake photos and fake descriptions that lead to nothing. Your credit card will get hit for worthless services. It is just a scam. In case you haven't figured it out with all the complaints at various internet review sites...it's a SCAM.

scam

The website prompts you to pay for messages to and from other people. I paid for the 7-day trial. Not a membership. I wound up getting charged for the trial and a month-long membership because the trial automatically takes the money out, meaning you sign up for a subscription with the trial, which is false advertising. The company has no legit number to call anyone, they talk to customers through bots and did not give me my refund. I did not even use the feature I paid for! No one responded to me, I even put up my email and nothing. Lastly, most of the posts are fake. The accounts are fake too. You can reverse look up the images and they're all on google. I have even reported pages that still exist. Craigslist has more legit posts and there free!

deleted my contract with them and they are still charging me

About 8 months ago I was looking for a place to live and while I was online, roomster popped up and it looked like a real ad. I got weird people trying to get to buy things and then I decided to delete my account. I deleted my account and I still being charged. They are taking money out of my account directly about 9.99 a month and again I deleted my account about 6 months ago. I am thinking of taking them to court to get my money back and pain and suffering of stealing my money.

they place fake ads to get you to sign up on their site

I have answered many room for rent ads on craigslist only to be sent a response that says, "I am the owner of this property. Please sign up on this link and then I will contact you to show you the property". The link is to roomster - not to a specific ad, but just to roomster in general. They are getting people to sign up with their service by having people post fake ads. Very unethical.

roomster

I have paid for five weeks on this site (thankfully the 5 day trials) and never had a genuine reply for a room I am trying to let. I get bombarded with update emails from the site showing all these people wanting a room in Manchester (UK) but I see there are no profiles of these people and they seem to be listed by the same few people. the same person is listing hundreds of false members looking for rooms. I have messaged lots but they don't reply as this is obviously because this site is fake and is a con to try to get full members paying - and it should be taken down. In five weeks I have only had a handful of replies and they are very very short not interested replies - something very suspicious about it!

scam alert!! this company operates a scam business!! all fake!!

I signed up for this site here in Los Angeles in Jan 2019 and paid through PayPal for 30 day subscription. Within days of using it, I found over 80% of the listings to be suspicious and I reported many of them directly to the Roomster.com site and days later my account was deleted without any reply or explanation! What a scam!! People reading this please don't waste your time or good hard earned money on this site. A total scam...no doubt about it!! I can say nothing good here. Not one person I contacted appeared to be legit.. NOT ONE!!! unbelievable. I even found same person using multiple names and multiple pictures of girls.. same scam artist with different ads...unbelievable!!! These scams artists claim to be renting a room but all of them say they are out of town for work or school and ask you to send a deposit to hold the room until they return to meet you...WT[censored] Total Total Total SCAM!!!

• Li
    LifeGuide Feb 23, 2019

I created a profile on Roomster on February 20th, 2019, in search of a room/place. After completing the registration for the so called free service, I was asked to upgrade the service. I did not and soon realized you cannot open the messaging feature without doing so. You may however send messages to possible openings. I messaged well over 30 people in regards to their homes for rent or people renting their rooms out. I received email alerts that several people were sending me messages so I upgraded my service to 5 days for $7.95 ... which is foolish enough, but when I opened my messages, I only had four messages! Not several like my email alerts had claimed. Two of these messages were from two different woman (different listings anyways), with relatively the same listing requests. After sending them both my email around 3:55am they both emailed me back with identical responses one right after the other by 4:12am. Requesting an application fee of $75.
    The other two were from Apartment realtors, which I never inquired about apartments, not once.

Roomster.com is a bunch of scam artists on one site. Anyone who returns your messages, is always out of town for work or something in the same sort.
    After reading these other comments I was scared of being charged for the full subscription and went to "Settings' to cancel my subscription. I sent a message to customer service asking if this was a scam because of what happened with the two women, and the fact no one was returning my messages. They replied with a simple answer to keep with it for more than a week (which is passed my 5-day trial) and people would soon message me back. I soon after went to my profile and deleted all my personal information, then deleted my account.
    DO NOT USE THIS SITE.

credit card fraud - this company is fake and so are the listings: roomster.com

This company is a total scam. The use fake people, with fake ads to help you find either an apartment or a...

extra charges

Please be aware when you pay Roomster they continue charging till you cancel the service. I was not aware of it and was charged two more months extra till I notice the charges on my bank statement. I contact them to get partial refund and did not refund anything for the service I havent used. Please stay away from Roomster. They take advantage of you if you give them a chance. I hope they will be investigated.

billing charges

I initially signed up with Roomster in search of an apartment. On their website, they offer three messaging packages to allow you to communicate directly with potential roommates.

Apparently, it does not matter which package you choose - you are still billed for their most expensive package after several days.

I signed up for a 5-Day package for $7.95 figuring I wouldn't need more time than that to review housing options. Unbeknownst to me, after 5 days I get an additional charge for $24.95 having received any messages other than spam that's included in a free membership.

When I reached out to support immediately after seeing this, they never addressed the automatic increased charge even though I signed up for a 5-Day $7.95 subscription.
Very predatory and not transparent in my opinion. I would be cautious to sign up for any subscription with them. Would not use again.

unethical payment

Roomster had advertised that I would only have to pay $5.99 for a full access to their website/ app for a month. I had purchased the full access on 9/24/2018 at 2:11pm using my computer, believing that it will only cost $5.99, however it had actually cost $399.99. I no longer wish to have full access for this month and I would like to request a refund.

MY TID number is [protected]:1766355: [protected]

• Updated by Chrissy Chris · Sep 25, 2018

Please ignore the previous post. I was charged 399.99 INR (Indian Currency) = 5.49 USD (US Dollars)

subscription and payment

I was looking for rooms so I signed up for for Roomster. I was granted a five day free trial which ended on...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices