Roadrunner Sports VIP ClubVIP Club

I purchased sneakers from Road Runner sports and they asked me to sign up for their VIP club. A year later my credit card was billed for $24.99. Upon checking out, I was not informed there was a yearly fee or that they would retain my credit card information. Also, since that purchase they have sent catalogs, mail coupons, and email at what feels like twice a week.

• Do
    Don Wilgus Jan 22, 2017

This is definitely a scam. They don't tell you when you first sign up that there's an automatic renewal, and that they keep your credit card info on file. There is no email notification that they are renewing your "membership" and charging your credit card. If you don't catch it on your credit card statement, you'd never know.

• Ac
    achudacoff Dec 22, 2016

My wife just caught this today. Called and they refunded the previous two years from a purchase I made in 2014. The guy was nice, but he told me there was a $1.99 VIP charge in the original purchase cart. I have absolutely no notifications in my email and there is nothing that indicates these charges in my account. Be wary!

• Ji
    Jim Avila Dec 09, 2015

Luckily I just noticed a $27.00 fee on my CC account today. I called RR Sports and cancelled my VIP membership. She said I would be credited the amount. We'll see. I guess I'll have to shop elsewhere.

• Bi
    Billy Brads Apr 30, 2014

Just happened to me! I live in the UK. I bought something in a Roadrunners store last year and now I get a $25 transaction on my Mastercard out of the blue! I've complained to my credit card company who said they'll look to recover it if I don't get an immediate refund,

maxli May 29, 2012

Just noticed this $25 bogus Automatic VIP Club renewal charge on my CC from Roadrunner Sports, god *** scheisters. I signed up for $2 a year ago, I have no idea it's a annual $25 membership. I've been purchasing from them for the past 2 years, never again. It's only 25 bucks, but it just makes me sick to my stomach that every corner I turn, are these god *** scammers. Like when I walked into Chase last month, the god *** salesman keep lying to me about how many billions he personally manage, and try to con me into buying some bond funds. Gees, he must be related to the London Whale.

• Jb
    jboygboy Dec 31, 2016

@maxli If you are going to swear so much at least learn how to spell the word, you need **** not ***. They told me it was an automatic renewal and I will bet they told you but you were too lazy to write it down so you could cancel it.

• Pi
    Pieved Mom Jun 27, 2011

The same thing just happened to me with the Roadrunners Sports VIP membership being charged to my account without my permission. While in their store one day, I actually asked them how much longer I had left on my membership and I had some more weeks left. They offered to renew while I was in the store and I declined. Then they said they could automatically renew on my credit card. I again declined. I said that if I decided to renew, I would do so on my own. I also asked how they could possibly have my credit card. Then, sure enough, I notice on my bill the renewal fee. It's Sunday and I called their number right away as it said they were available 24 hrs a day. Well, that's not true either. They are only available M-F until 6pm Pacific time. I will be contacting them tomorrow to have the renewal fee removed and I will not shop there again. How dare they take my credit card information and hold onto it and how dare they automatically renew the VIP membership without my permission. In fact, they confiscated the card information from a later purchase because when I first joined their VIP program, I paid cash for the membership and purchase. I only agreed to the membership in the first place because my purchase was so large that the cost of the membership was covered with the 10% immediate discount. I am extremely annoyed with Roadrunner Sports. With this kind of scam, you could never shop there anymore and they'd still be charging you for membership renewals? That makes no sense whatsoever!