Personal Loan Complaints & Reviews

Resolved Personal LoanIdentity Theft

What do they do to verify the identity of the person taking the loan out? A friend of mine has recently been the victim of identity theft and after reviewing his credit report there were numerous inquiries from various lenders (prosper being one of them)… unfortunately the only lender that actually made the loan was Prosper. All other denied because the fraudster couldn’t supply enough information to the lender to get them comfortable that the borrower was who he said he was… curious what Prosper doesn’t do that it seems everyone else does to make sure they know who their borrower is??? Especially today when it seems that identity theft is rampant.

Resolved Personal LoanConstant Harrassment

I have spoken to a guy named Brandon Scott with a heavy indian accent. He repeatedly calls my job (which I got fired from today for the constant harrassment), has threatened me, refuses to give me or send me any legal information pertaining to so called debt he says that I owe. I contacted the business that I owed money to to confirm amount has been paid in full. This company is a complete fraud beware!! I have no criminal record, decent credit and yet this guy is threatening me with the FBI and will not stop harrassing the company I used to work for. I am livid!!! How can we stop this company??

• Et
    ethos Aug 05, 2012

it's a scam. this guy is pro'ly calling from india. you can do as much as you can do about a nigerian scammer - not much. but an air horn works magic. next time he calls just blow it on the phone. these indians are the latest nigerian scammers on the block.

Personal Loanemi

MY COMPLAINT IS RELATED TO MY PERSONAL LOAN NO [protected]
I HAD APPLIED FOR PERSONAL LOAN FROM YOUR BANK WHICH WAS APPROVED IN THE MONTH OF APRIL.
THEN I RECEIVE A LETTER MENTIONING MY FIRST EMI IS DUE ON MAY 1ST.
AFTER RECIVING THE LETTER FROM RAK BANK I CALLED RAK SALES REP AND ASKED HIM ABOUT THE EMI LETTER.
HE INFORMED ME THAT THE LETTER IS JUST A GENERAL LETTER FROM COLLECTION DEP. WHICH WILL NOT BE EFFECTED FOR ME AS MY AMOUNT IS NOT YET DISBURSED
AFTER FEW DAYS I RECEIVE A CALL FROM THE MANAGER OF RAK BANK HE SAYS THAT I NEED TO GET AN CLEARENCE LETTER FOR ADCB FOR THE CAR LOAN WHICH I HAD TAKEN FEW YEARS BACK.
i ASKED THE THE MANAGER OF RAK SALES WHY YOU WANT A CLEARENCE LETTER FOR CAR LOAN WHICH HAS BEEN SETTLED LONG BACK .
THE REPLY I AM GETTING FROM THE RAK MANAGER IS THE SALES PERSON WHO HAD FILLED THE FORM HAS DONE A BLUNDER OF MENTIONING THAT I HAVE A CAR LOAN WITH ADCB.
.THEN I ARRANGED THE ADCB CLEARENCE LETTER AND SUBIMITTED TO THE BANK AS REQUESTED
.AFTER FEW DAYS AGAIN I GET THE CALL FROM THE MANAGER OF RAK BANK MENTIONING IT IS NOT THE ADCB CLEARANCE LETTER THEY WANT IT IS LETTER FROM TRADING ENTERPRISES HONDA SHOWROOM CLEARENCE LETTER AS THERE IS 972 DHS REFLECTING IN THE STATEMENT.
AS PER THERE INSTRUCTION I ARRANGED THE TRADING ENTERPRISES LETTER BY PAYING THE OUSTANDING OF DHS 15000 .
THEN AGAIN THE SALES REP FROM RAK BANK CALLS ME AND TELLS NOW HE WANTS THE CLEARENCE LETTER FROM NBD WERE MY AUTO LOAN AND CREDIT CARD IS REFELCTING IN MY STATEMENT.

AS PER THERE REQUEST THAT LETTER ALSO WAS ARRANGED.NOW IT IS ALMOST ONE MONTH THAT MY CLEARENCE LETTER GOT EXPIRED AND I HAD TO ARRANGE ANOTHER LETTER BUT STILL I HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE AMOUNT.I AM SORRY TO SAY THAT I NEVER SEEN SUCH A POOR SERVICE FROM A REPUTED BANK LIKE RAK BANK.
I HAVE ONLY ONE REQUEST IS THAT TO CHANGE MY EMI SCHEDULE FROM MAY 1ST TO JULY 5TH.

I HAVE ONE REQUEST TO THE CREDIT DEP TO APPROVE THE LOAN ONLY ONCE THEY GET THE FULL DOCUMENTS AND THEY ARE SATISFIED WITH THE DOCUMENTS IT IS NOT THA ONCE THE LOAN GETS APPROVED AND THEN TELLTHE CUSTOMERS TO RUN FOR MORE DOCUMENTS.

RGDS

SUNIL MENON

[protected]

Resolved Personal LoanBad business/ Rip off

I took out a loan of 500 with Everest Cash Advance
[protected]@everestcashadvance.com/[protected] And wanted to pay my amount in full I contacted Everest Cash Advance and spoke with Carlos, I wanted to let them know I had changed banks and to give them my new bank info. To withdraw the full amount and I REPEATLY told Carlos NOT to withdraw the funds from my old account. After a week of going back and forth and faxing documents that Carlos told e to fax and calling between my new bank and myself . Still the information that was askedd for to make the transaction complete was still not enough I was still getting the run around. FRUSTRATED I asked to speak to a SUPERVISOR I was given to Jeff who didn't seem to care at all. After checking my account I saw that my account was over drawn and Everest Cash Advance STILL withdrew the finance charges of $150.00 and was charged a fee on top of that. I called Everest Cash Advance and spoke to Jeff again, he told me it was my fault because I didn't sign a form that was sent to my email which I was never told to look out for. Bottom Line I was the faithful customer who paid on time I was treated rude and as if I was an that irresponsible customer who didn't pay her bill. I felt i was harassing them oppose to them harassing me to payoff my balance. BEWARE... NOT WORTH THE HASSLE. Milwaukee WI

Personal Loanno response after collection of signed documents no action on call center mobile numbers not working or switched off

I applied for online personal loan on 14.04.2012 and got system generated Ref No. PL7607899 on 15.04.2012 Mr. Amit ID No. BE00507 mobile No. [protected] spoke to me from Delhi for verification and on Monday 16.4.2012 your representative mobile No. [protected] from Mumbai Malad branch came and collected all documents and got loan application signed and confirmed that next day he will come to my residence to collect my wife signature as co-applicant. Since then nobody came or contacted me and there is no response from above 2 mobiles I made several verbal complaints on call center [protected] and [protected] but till date nobody called back with any reply and no response. Please let me know what is happening? and where are all my documents? If you cant help please return all my documents.

Nombalela madlolo Feb 24, 2017

Ndifuna ukubona ukuba ityala lam lisele ngamalini enkosi

Resolved Personal LoanFRAUD

We applied for a personal loan and was granted the loan and had to pay close to $2000 for the insurance of the loan. Thomas Keef (loan officer) told us the loan was from a private lender in Canada and that we would receive the loan the next day. We never received the funds and now they will not answer the phone and will not return our calls. They have a New York address but they are not located at the address so far as we can tell. Their phone numbers are in Toronto, ON Canada and are cell phones. We are in the process of Investigating them and talking with Authorities. The insurance money was sent to Toronto, ON Canada. If you have any ideas or know of this company please let me know. If you need the documents that we have and the ad from the paper for proof please let me know. My email is: [protected]@yahoo.com.

Resolved Personal LoanLoan repayment status

Sir
I am very thankful to icici bank for granting me
personal loan amounting to Rs 100000/-vide loa
n a/c no LPMUM12361433 in 2008.It is a great pleasure to receive no due certificate after fully
recovery of the loanvide vide letter no Icici/lpmum00012361433 dtd 22.02.2011.I consider it is one of the best bank who deals with the best satisfaction of the genuine cus
tomers.May i request you to mailthe full recovery
statement for record.?

YOURS
RATANLAL AMO
MUMBAI
[protected]@yahoo.co.in

• Ne
    nelly mashiane Jul 04, 2017

ive got an existing loan with direct axis and would like to apply for another one. can u pls call me back, my number is 0797851201

Resolved Personal LoanREFUND BROKER FEES

Wentworth Direct Finance,
Gravesend, Kent,
DA13 0BR,
United Kingdom.

Subject: - Cancellation or Withdraw My Loan application.
Loan Ref Number: WDF1034871
Dear
Sir/madam,
I had an application for a personal loan of £1000.00 which is the Loan Ref Number is WDF 1034871 and I also had made the broker fee for processing my application. The transition has taken place on the 08-th of feb 2011 when you have seized my account balance in the amount of £74.95.

Please return my money for services, because I have not agreed to your terms, and I refuse the loan.You without my consent you took the money from the bank.I do not understand, that may be charged for service 74.95, if it says pay a 59.00.Es have my money back.

So please refund my money on the 10, feb. 2011 into my Account.

Thank you for your speedy process and Co-Operation.

Regards, Judite Grigule

Personal Loanwestern union money scam

this person has emailed me stating she/he worked for a personal loan thing and that if we sent her 211 we would get our personal loan of 1500 and then when we did that she stated that we needed to send another 250 to Nigeria and of course being ###ed i didn't think rite then and there and sent it now she is asking for another 180 to do the loan. i have all the emails from this so if needed i can give the emails to you

Personal LoanFraud and Chatin

Dear Sir/Madam,

Citifinance Loan Referance No.[protected]

Loan amount Rs. 325000.00

Rate 24% Reducing (Fruaded)

Payment Term 48 Month

EMI Rs.10556.00

As this is concern with my personal loan. At the time of application your executive has told me that they are providing me personal loan @ 14.75% reduceing interest rate. However I have agreed on the given term and condition.

After few days after the all the satisfactory verification my loan amount was approved. Your executive has infromed me about the same on the same day I was about to catch the train for Delhi for my personal work I told your executive that give me some time when I will back I will complete the further procedure but he did not accept my term he continue follow me for the complition of further procedure, as I was taken loan for my sister marrige, I don't want losse this opportinty and understanding any thing with having complete trust on your executive I have signed all the document and provided him require details and document.

When I came back from Delhi I visited to your Gorgoan West, Mumbai branch for the disbursment of Loan amount, at their they didn't explain me any thing about the term and condition your executive Ms. Joity Roy she simply try to explain me some insurance plan and mediclaim paln and she worn me that if I will not purchase and of the plan she will not disburse my loan amount however I was under presure of my sister marrige and I accept the mediclaim plan which was deducted from my loan amount at that time she told me that she is disburseing my loan @ 14.14% reduceing interest rate. In presure and trust I have agreed on her term and completed all the formalites and also she has deducted 3% processing fees earlier it was said that it will 2.5%.

Now when I have checked with some other sources it come into my knowledge that my loan was disburse with interest @ 24% reducing as I compare with any financial institution they are providing us maximum @ 16% reducing, I was realy very shoked that how this pepole making us fool and after that continusly trying to contact for the rectificating but I am not geting any response there is on guy name Sanjay Singhania who has forwarded my application today he has switched off his moble phone and yesterday also I have contacted him but he hasn't given me any response. Even one of your executive Vinayak he is following me that give me some commision I have forwarded your application for Loan.

Now I think I in big trouble almost Rs. 1700.00 I have to pay an extra EMI, realy in presure your pepole has made me fool, if this will be the sitiution I will never make any deal with citi finance or from citi bank.

Its my humble request please rectify the error or if not possible I am ready to give your disburse amount and I will try from another financial institutuion.

Regards

Amit Jha

Mobile NO.[protected]

• Na
    Nareash Feb 27, 2008

Kotak mahindra people are comming home and threatning my wife and kids etc... asking for money. Since I lost the job I have told them very seriously that I will pay the money next month with all dues cleared they are not budging at all., They come home shout in front of our neighbours and lots of other people and crreate havoc.

Thanks

Resolved Personal LoanHARRASSING PHONE CALLS

DEAR SIRS/ MADAM, I HAD TAKEN A LOAN AMT OF RS-20, 000/- FROM G.E.COUNTRYWIDE. IN THE MEANTIME I COULD NOT PAY THE INSTALLMENTS REGULARLY. AND CONTINUEOUSLY ASKING FOR THE SETTLEMENT OF MY LOAN ACCOUNT.NOW G.E. COUNTRYWIDE WAS READY TO SETTLE THE MATTER WITH THE AMOUNT OF RS-5000/- & GAVE ME THE DATE TWO MONTHS BEFORE AND NEVER THEIR MAN TURNED TO GIVE US THE SETTLEMENT LETTER AND COLLECT THE MONEY. NOW AFTER 3 MONTHS THEY ARE CONTINUEOUSLY HARRASSING US ON OUR CONTACT NOS FOR THE PAYMENT ALTHOUGH WE HAVE ASKED FOR 8 DAYS PERIOD TO ARRANGE . (OUR LOAN WAS IN THE NAME OF SMITA MOHAN MURKAR) MAHIM BRANCH. IS ANYBODY LISTENING?

Resolved Personal LoanMis Communication from HDFC employees

I had applied for the personal loan.The a/c no.[protected].There was a complete mistake in calculating the total amount of my previous loan from HDFC employees and the wrong amount got credited in my account.After raising the concerns, the following two employees, who have been interacting with me from the begining, started misbehaving & avoiding the calls.
Ms.Pratibha, Contact No.022-[protected]
Mr.Vivek Gaurav: [protected].
If no action is taken on these employees and the correct amount does not get credited to my account, this issue will be raised at many levels.

Resolved Personal Loan — Enquiry of outstanding balance

I am currently living abroad. I've got a personal lona with Direct Axis. I am trying to find out what i...

Personal LoanUnfair debt collection

This is to bring to your notice that I have been harrassed a lot by ICICI bank loan division in the past few months. I am a loan consumer of ICICI Bank I have taken four loans from ICICI in the past. One two wheeler loan (Detail not available with me right now) all amount cleared towards this loan account. Then I took a personal loan of 78000 rupees (Loan A/C: LPDEL00003724462) and one Auto loan (Loan A/C:LADEL00006263959) one more personal loan in March'08 (Loan A/C:LIDEL00001065615).

I was going trough some tough financial conditions for past one year and was not able to pay installments on time for the personal loans. I however managed to pay the installments for the car loan till December'07 (with some skips). Then I got a good job in Chennai and finally I decided to pay the debts asap. Before I take any action from my side the Bank detected my salary account (A/C: [protected]) and they block my salary account in the May and took 18650 rupees from my salary account which was part of my salary for April'08 (21st May'08) (I was only left with 2500 rupees of my salary to survive for the entire month. Then they blocked some amount on my account which I borrowed from someone and paid on 28th of May 18350 rupees. (Receipt of cash payment on 28th May'08 - L04080424557)

Detail of bank statement copied below;

2 21/05/2008 21/05/2008 LPDEL00003724462/LI OCT07-687 1, 129.00 17, 634.00
3 21/05/2008 21/05/2008 LPDEL00003724462/LI SEP07-428 2, 939.00 14, 695.00
4 21/05/2008 21/05/2008 LPDEL00003724462/LI MAY07-429 2, 939.00 11, 756.00
5 21/05/2008 21/05/2008 LPDEL00003724462/LI JUN07-430 2, 939.00 8, 817.00
6 21/05/2008 21/05/2008 LPDEL00003724462/LI JUL07-431 2, 939.00 5, 878.00
7 21/05/2008 21/05/2008 LPDEL00003724462/LI AUG07-432 2, 939.00 2, 939.00
8 21/05/2008 21/05/2008 LPDEL00003724462/LI APR07-433 2, 939.00 0.00

I knew I have some dues towards my car loan (Loan A/C:LADEL00006263959) and I paid 29350 rupees cash on 28th May'08 (receipt no L04080782998). I have also given in written that I will pay the remaining debts in couple of months. Finally my salary account (A/C: [protected]) was released but salary for that month was not credited to my account so I requested for advance salary and I received 18900 rupees as advance salary on 9th June'08. I thought I will pay 6000 rupees towards my car loan account and that the reason I kept that amount till the end of the month. But due to my shift timings I was not able to visit the branch to make payments. I once called ICICI customer care and tried to request to send someone to my place to collect the money (Can be checked with bank call records) but they told me that this will take five or more business days.

In total I had paid around (18600+18350+[protected] rupees in the month of May'08. My intension's are not to be a defaulter I am willing to pay all my debts but the bank need to understand that I am a human and I have my own expenses. If the bank blocks my salary or snatches the salary (i.e.my bread and butter) how will I survive in this new place where I don't have relatives or friends. When I will not survive i will either die or leave the job then how will the bank get the remaining money from me.

They did the same again they put a block of 30000 rupees on my account by the end of June and they snatched all my salary, I am again left with 7600 rupees to survive for the entire month. I came to know that Mr. Manish Jain (mobile: [protected]) has leaned my account for 30000 rupees for another Loan A/C:LIDEL00001065615. I tried to call him and say that I will pay the money in two installments because I need money to pay towards my car loan and other expenses. But he was not at all listening to me. He said he will talk to me after sometime but never picked my phone. I called him not less than 20 times all the time he disconnected my call.

Please think that the bank took 96300 rupees from me in two months my salary is 26000 rupees, I was running through tough time for one year will I have money to eat, live work and pay the bank debt. I am not at all in a condition to pay a single penny towards my car loan account (Loan A/C:LADEL00006263959) under the current situation the bank has left me with.

I am mentally harassed like anything by the bank. If I was to be a defaulter I wouldn't have paid any thing after the bank auto debited my salary. I would have left this job and joined some other company. I never did this I voluntarily paid money towards the car loan where the bank didn't block any thing on my salary account towards my car loan. Still the bank is not at all cooperating with me.

The only option left with me is to leave this job and go to my home town. I want to file a case against all these harassment of snatching my bread and butter when I was willing to pay all my debts. I will file a case for all these what the bank have given me when I wanted to be loyal and if at any point of time I commit suicide the bank and Manish Jain (mobile: [protected]) will be responsible and they will be responsible for my family, my father has retired five years back and he don't have any source of Income. I am the only earning member of my family at this point of time.

I want you all to guide me what to do when I have paid so much still the bank is not cooperating with my problem.

Yesterday, I called customer care of ICICI to file a complaint against Manish Jain (mobile: [protected]) for not listening to me and behaving in rude manner. I spoke to Mega More representative and she lodged a complaint gave me a reference number SR71369679. Manish Jain along with ICICI bank snatched all my happiness and left me with tensions, harassment and tears. I am depressed don't have a way other than suicide. In case I have to die I will make sure his happiness are snatched from his life. He will be responsible with the bank for my death.

Personal Loanregarding the verification executive

dear sir
this is to inform you that my self anubhuti jain living in panvel navi mumbai applied online for a personal loan. without any telephonic information a person came to my home representing him self as verification officer regarding loan application saying that he is comming from khar branch. as far as known to me there is no branch at khar. he even asked for Rs. 500 to clear my verification as i don't have luxurious items like T.V.,freeze, washing machine etc. his name was vinod and cell no. was [protected]. so please tell me whether he is your employee or not &if yes then why there is no call from bank side. also if we r facilitated with such luxuries then why will seek for a loan with such higher interest rates.

• Vi
    Vincentb Sep 03, 2018

My name is Bhekifa Vincent Shongwe, I'm complaining about my personal loan. I took a loan and pay it back in full but now I cant find another loan why? I am so disappointed with FNB My ID no: 8209055646086