Honda City Complaints & Reviews

Honda CityRecharging/forcing car owner to update map within warranty period

Hi,
I am owner of Honda City, brought Feb 2014, full spec (E+).
Recently i found out that radio system has major delay upon engine start (at least 5 minute). The radio system is not functional (no sound, not responding) for at least first 5 minute when i start my engine. So i was checking with the service center adviser during last Saturday 15000km service.
Below is the details i have:
1. The map has to be updated every 6 months. The only way to update the map is to sending back to Honda Malaysia, and they will forward to another third part agent for updating (cost Rm180 !! )
2. There is no guarantee that this delay will not happen again after update since they mentioned that map should be update every 6 months

For my point of view, this is serious cheating on car owner.
1. Why we have to pay Rm180 for updating a software (map).
2. My car is still under 1 year and i done all my service in Honda. Radio system and memory card also comes with car itself.
3. Even worse, if they found the software loading failed, i have to pay Rm700-800 for the map. (bro, i can buy a memory card 8Gb with Rm20).

Hope you can help me to resolve this.
Honda Malaysia doesnt want to take the responsibility and pushing me to thier dealer.

Rgds,
Tew.

• Ka
      Karan Verma 007 Oct 12, 2013

Somebody has put my mobile number [protected] in olx.in. It is fake and i am stressed out and getting numerous calls atleast 4 5 times a day!
      I asked someone and it came about that the sellers name is Sahil please help me out.

Honda CityPOOR SERVICE

Hi Sir,

I bought Honda City car 2013 January - almost one year before. Last one year I have been to service & maintained as per your recommitted scheduled. Even properly service in on time & at reach correct recommended service Kilometres.
    But still I got Air conditioning problem last 4 months onwards, how come I hired Honda city is car even one year not completed like this problem??
    I had to bought a car from SUTERA AUTO SDN BHD, NO.1-H.JALAN BUNGA ROS, MAJIDEE BARU, 81100 JOHOR BAHRU, JOHOR TAKZIM. Service centre also here same above address my car service & maintained under this service centre.
    I have to informed this above service centre 2 week before check my AIR CON-SYSTEM in my car, their don't have air con technician & doesn't provide air con service, how come THE BIG HONDO SERVICE DEALER don't have this type service?? Their don't service about wheel alignment checking also, then why they are just provide namely service centre?? After long discussion somebody checking & told me Air Con switch is problem their had to place a order told me two weeks latter come & replace. But after 2 weeks latter I was do checked don't bother about me & car.

My car switch is already over heated so in case chance to get easily fire so that reason I need make a complaint about HONDA service centre & Honda company. This service attended name is Mr.ZAINI, Manager is AZHAR

Please take note & give a proper solution about my problem.

Honda CityNotch with Rust

I got the brand new Honda City last Dec 14, it was turnover around 530pm. A week after, upon cleaning the unit, I saw a tiny notch with rust on it then, I called HONDA Rizal Dealer and turnover to them on Dec 21. As I write this letter, I still don't have the result of my complain, today is already Jan 9.

Correct, a small tiny notch with RUST. However, in the future it can cause the metal to corrode and will give me headache of repair, as well as going back and forth to the casa. AND TO THINK that I bought it as BRAND NEW.

Lesson hear, when you buy in HONDA RIZAL, make sure that you have a technical group to look on each detail before you sign that you received the unit. OR ELSE, be aware of the hassle going back and forth to their casa.

• Ha
          hansraj baid Jun 21, 2014

I have a honda city car no. Dl4can6187 purchased on20 / 07 / 2012 from bas
          Engineering pvt ltd. . From the purchase day there was complaint regarding fuel efficiency. The car gives an average of 7kms in city against company's claim of 17 per litter.Company send their represantaive on differen times but the problem remains unsolved.

Honda CityTerrible customer service approach

I have submit my new Honda city (purchase on 23.05.2011) for 4th preventive maintenance on a) Check on indicator lights on, b) Check aircond mulfunction & c) Check alarm triggered when car locked...BUT after 36DAYS as of today--i still dont have any update on my car--despite several follow up with the dealer n Honda toll free centre...me as the customer need to always call but never ever received return call from both Kah Motor Melaka & Honda...i am very very dissapointed with this brand...your attention on this matter is urgently needed.

Respond

Honda Cityyour authorized stores sale your cars at much high rates then you given rates

hello
          i want to buy honda city 2011 model at your given price...but what is the ON which your dealers demand...are they your authorized dealers or are businessmen doing their own business without you and degrading a big company's name like honda...they demand 60000 rupees more than your given price.What the hell is this??? is honda company unable to meet the demands or there are some people who make it difficult for customers to get a car...u cannot do something against these black mailers? who get cars at low price from you and sale the same cars in your authorized showrooms at high rates...is this not a black business done at your authorized stores...
          i want u to take action on it...i want a honda city new model car at your given price in polished metallic colour...thanx please help me immediately
          my name is muhammad amir sohail afzal
          email: [protected]@gmail.com
          phone no. [protected]
          i am resident of lahore pakistan

Honda Citycheating in invoice

Dear AUTOKAM at KOTA is doing a cheating with a client of Honda city.. purchased a car on 12th May 2011 on the name of TARANJEET SAHNI .. Dealer take a cheques of 9.60 lac and confirm us that after the discount it comes 9.60 exactly and at the time of delivery give a invoice amount Rs 954829 /- and have no answer for the same .. on confirming a delaer says that I will give you a debt note and your amount will tally

DO Honda city company cheat a client like this that too in premium segment cars .. what for a client will have a debut note of Distributor for balance amount

Either the matter to be settle by HONDA TEAM or the case have to be highlight in finally every customer of kota through Media .. No cheating is tolerable whether it is 1 Rs amount only

TARANJEET SAHNI

Honda CityBad all round service

I received a letter from Honda India dated February by courier, a few days ago only in end April, ( why it took two months to get to me by courier I dont know) asking for me to fix a date with the authorised service centre to change a part that we know is faulty in the Honda City which i purchased in 2009 December. I gave my car in for regular servicing only last month in March and was very surprised to find that the part was not changed. They said that possibly the part was unavailable with the service centre which is Apex Honda, Mumbai, at the time and have allotted a time on Monday 25th April to change the part in my car. When Honda knows the part is to be changed why have they not called up all Honda City clients, apprising them that the part needs to be changed instead of asking the customer to call in and fix an appropriate date and time? I have prepaid for service for 2 years for my Honda City and all records are kept regarding the car, so in the interest of service this should have been done. It is additional harassment that I have to make arrangements again ( make another car available to use when my car goes in for part replacement, depriving the owner of the other car of use during this period ), when it should have been ideally done when my car went in for servicing in March. The excuse that the part was not available at that time is very lame and holds no water. I am very surprised to find that Honda service is depreciating rapidly and is no more what I heard it used to be.

Honda CityOver Charging

Dear Honda Team

Today at 230 Hrs i had visited Honda Fort Queens rd in order to change Oil of my Honda City. They have charged me Rs 1650 for 3.7 Ltr packing where as retail price mentioned on the pack is Rs -1310, how you or your authorized dealer can charge more money then the printed price which is the MRP, i being a customer hurt on it as i was assuming i had visited Honda not a small work shop wheresomebody can over charge whereas in Honda i have been over charged.
                I am attaching receipts for your review, kindly take appropriate action and give
                back my Money.

I look forward to hear from you very soon

Regards
                Asim Iftikhar
                Reg# LEA-10 9842

Over Charging
                Over Charging

Honda CityUninformed elay in delivery

Dear Sir/Madam,
                  The following is the second Email that I wrote to Honda India on 31/11/2009 which also did not have any reply. The previous E mail was sent on 29/11/2009 which was the promised date of delivery of my car after full payment of Rs.1000000 (Rupees ten lakhs).

The E mails were sent to the following address:

[protected]@hondacarindia.com

Phone: office: direct: [protected]
                  Phone: office: operator: [protected]
                  Email: [protected]@aims.amrita.edu

Dear sir / madam
                  I wrote a letter to you on the 29th; I did not receive any response from your side till now.

One fact I did not mention in my previous letter: Your office (Cosmic Honda, Kochi) Sales Executive called me many times on 24th evening and 26th morning, stating that the car will be delivered on 28th or 29th, and so the full amount is to be paid. It is usual that the car companies will ask for full amount one or two days ahead. Accordingly I had paid a demand draft for Rs.8, 91, 083 on 26.10.09, (in additon to Rs.1, 00, 000 paid on 7.10.09 as advance for booking). This is actually a little more than the price, and he told me that he will repay the excess when the car is delivered.

To my amazement, the alertness showed by your man till 26th has been evaporated after that. There was no call from the side of Cosmic Honda after getthing the money. So, I am compelled to call them on 29th evening, when the lazy reply was that the Car was not sent from the headquarters. On getting the full amount in their pocket, your people became completely irresponsbile, and did not show even the courtsey to call me and explain the situation.

Today is 31st. Tomorrow is 1st. Now I am sure that a conspiracy has been perpetrated towards me. I am sure, that your company representatives knew well that the delivery of the vehicle will not be in the last week of October, but only in November. But your representatives wanted to fill up their monthly quota or monthly target, by getting the full payment from my pocket. Thus I feel I am cheated, (repeat, cheated) and my faith in the Honda has been completely shattered.

Today morning the Manager, Cosmic Honda, told my representative, Dr. Rahul Lakshaman, that the Honda headquarters had originally informed them that the delivery will be in the last week of October, but the headquarters did not keep the word. In other words, your local representatives are blaming the headquarters.

So, I need explanations for the following points:

1. What was the urgency of grabbing Rs. 10 lakhs from me on October 26th itself? Who is to blame for this malpractice? Your agent? If so, what is the remedial measure?

2. I had paid Rs. 10 lakhs on the 26th October, and for the last one week I am in dark regarding what happened to my money. Nobody is giving a satisfactory explanantion. Who will give an explanation?

3. Am I cheated by your local agent, or by the headquarters itself?

4. If your organisation is so lazy even at the delivery stage, what will happen to repair works when it is needed at a later stage?

5. I would like to cancel the whole deal, and demand a complete repayment of the whole Rs.10 lakhs, if delivery of the vehicle is not done on 2nd November. (i.e. one week after giving full payment).

6. You did not even show the courtsey to reply or even to acknowledge my previous letter. Should I contact still higher person in your organisation to get a response?

Prof. D.M.Vasudevan, MD, FRCPath
                  Phone: office: direct: [protected]
                  Phone: office: operator: [protected]
                  Email: [protected]@aims.amrita.edu

Honda Cityinferior dash board

I GAVE MY MINUTCAR NUMBER DL 4CAH 3853 FOR DASHBOARD REPLACEMENT ON 01JUNE'09 TO COURTESY HONDA SERVICE STATION IN WAZIR PUR DELHI...THEY RETURNED THE CAR AT 1830HRS SINCE IT WAS AFTER SUNSET' I COULD NOT REALLY LOOK INTO THE DASHBOARD MINUTLY' IN THE MORNING NEXT DAY WHEN I INSPECTED I FOUND LOT OF MARKS/SCARCHES ON IT ' IMMEDIATELY I CALLED UP SERVICE STATION AND THEY ASSURED TO CHANGE ONCE THEY GET AN ANOTHER ONE...TODAY AFTER ALMOST 10DAYS I WENT IN THE MORNING AND AGAIN THE SECOND DASHBOARD THEY INSTALLED IS ALSO THE USED ONE OR INFERIOR ONE BECAUSE IT WAS ALSO WITH SCARCHES...THIS WAS THE SECOND TIME' WHEN I WENT TO TEAM LEADER MR ABHAY SHAR, MA INSTEAD OF APOLOGISING HE STARTED TALKING TO ME IN A RUDE LANGUAGE AND WHEN I WAS AT A DISTANCE HE WAS ABUSING HIS STAFF THAT WHY HE BROUGH ME TO HIM...tHIS KIND OF ATTITUTE IS TOTALLY UN-PROFESSIONAL AND I AM GOING TO TAKE IT LEGAL SO THAT AN ANOTHER CUSTOMER LIKE ME SHOULD NOT SUFFER BECAUSE OF RUDE AND UN-CAPABLE STAFF OF COURTESY HONDA..

• Il
                        I Like It Aug 08, 2009

i read your greivance and as a customer you have right to get the NEW ITEM as you are paying for newone. But as you mentioned that second one was also with scratches, then why you let them installed in your car?

Do't you think you should be present at the time of issuing of dash board and can inspect the NEW ITEM before installation?

Honda CityRetraction of sales offer

Recently, I put down $100.00 deposit for purchase of a 2006 Honda Civic. I had decided not to take the car and when I went back to retrieve my deposit, they offered me a further $1, 000. off the cost of the car. I returned home and told my husband, who said "buy the car" we need it for our daughter. I called back on Dec. 31, 2008 at 3:30 p.m. I was told that the originally salesman who had sold me the car was out and I had to wait till January 1st to call him when he came in at 11:00 a.m. I had asked what I had to do to get the car at this $1, 000. off and was willing to drive there (even in a snow storm) to get the car. They said don't worry, no one was going to buy the car and to call back in the morning when they opened. I ddi as told and called at 11:00 a.m. to speak with that originally dealer. I was then told that the offer was off as it was now 2009 and they made their numbers. NO ONE said anything about them making "numbers" when the $1, 000. off offer was made. I further reminded that I did nake the offer in 2008, however, they were very curt as though they didn't care whether this car sold or not. I had gone through this whole process of buying a car on my own just to prove that I wouldn't be "ripped off" as many women are only to find out that used car salesmen are really "sleazy". Now, I have to restart the whole process as my daughter needs this car to start school in about a week. I am writing this letter to show the world that as a cancer survivor I have conquered cancer but hove not conquered the case of the sleazy used car dealer.