A company called Grant Writing Express promises help with getting grant money, sends you a FREE cd then...
This site offers you a free cd for $3.95 shipping and handling which is supposedly for grant writing help to procure govt. grants. I received the cd and on my next credit card statement I was billed the $3.95 and $74.95 for a membership to I don't know what, and a charge for $29.95 for what is supposed to be a newsletter which I never received. I have been billed from February to June for these two charges, have had them disputed and credited back to my account, and for June I had my credit account cancelled and new account opened only to be told that the June charges have been credited back to Grant writing express as being legit, and also have been informed by credit card co. that all new charges will go onto new account. I am now in the process of disputing new charges, and will just contact card co. and have account closed.
This company advertizes a free CD you fill in their request form on their website and then submit it, then you authorize them to debit your credit card for $3.95 and that's it no where in this process do they warn you that you are entering into a 7 day trial membership that cost $74.95 unless you go back to the home page and look for the word Terms at the bottom of the page.
I feel that this should be in bold lettering on the request form below you will find their terms that they try to conceal.
FILL IN THE REQUEST FORM FOR YOUR 7 DAY FREE TRIAL
TERMS OF SERVICE / USER AGREEMENT
These pages contain the Terms of Service (hereafter “Agreement”) governing use of this GrantWritingExpress.com and/or GrantWritingExpress.net website. These Terms of Service are binding on all users. Users should visit this page periodically to review its contents for updates and changes. For purposes of this Agreement, “Grant Writing Express” refers to this corporation. The terms “We”, “us” and “our” refer to Grant Writing Express The Term “you” refers to Users of this GrantWritingExpress.com and/or GrantWritingExpress.net web site.
1. Grant Writing Express is incorporated in the State of Wyoming. Our purpose is to provide education and information about grants from public and private sectors for all entities and individuals wishing to apply for such grant funding and to educate such grant applicants through its publication, Grant Writing Express, which is accessible and available for purchase solely from this GrantWritingExpress.com and/or GrantWritingExpress.net web site.
2. By accepting this Agreement as outlined herein, User indicates to GrantWritingExpress.com and/or GrantWritingExpress.net that you have read and understand all terms and conditions contained in this Agreement, and agree to comply with them when using this GrantWritingExpress.com and/or GrantWritingExpress.net web site, including our publication as covered and described herein.
3. Grant Writing Express reserves the right to update or modify these Terms of Service at any time, in our sole discretion and/or according to new circumstances that may arise as result of legal, market, technological or other change. Consequently, we encourage all Users to review this Agreement frequently to ensure your continued understanding, knowledge, acceptance, and compliance with them.
4. User has read, understands and agrees to all Legal Disclaimers on this GrantWritingExpress.com and/or GrantWritingExpress.net web site and in Grant Writing Express publication.
5. Any user who does not accept or and agree to abide by all of the Terms of Service as listed herein does not have the legal right to use this GrantWritingExpress.com and/or GrantWritingExpress.net web site.
6. User Identification and Verification
7. Appropriate and Permitted Use of this GrantWritingExpress.com and/or GrantWritingExpress.net WebsiteUsers may not, under any circumstances, use this GrantWritingExpress.com and/or GrantWritingExpress.net website to contribute, post or transmit any material of an infringing, threatening, abusive, hateful, harassing, libellous, inflammatory, obscene, indecent, pornographic, profane nature that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law.
8. Payments and Payment Processing
A. All payments for purchase of Grant Writing Express are made on-line.
B. Charges will appear on your credit card statement from Grant Writing Express or GrantWritingExpress.com.
C. User understands and agrees all questions regarding your purchase and payment for this publication shall be directed to our Contact Form.
D. Grant Writing Express is not responsible for payment transactions, processing or any communications between you as a user and purchaser of our publication (Grant Writing Express) or User’s credit card.
9. Grant Help Center 7 Day Free Trial
A. User agrees to be charged by Grant Writing Express after 7 days of ordering the FREE CD in the amount of $74.95 for access to the Grant Help Center. The first day of the trial is the date of order. No refunds will be given for failure to use the requested and/or provided services.
B. The user will continue to be billed for $74.95 each month there after unless the user emails Grant Writing Express using our Contact Form or calls us at [protected]. (see 9E)
C. If the user cancels their 7 day FREE trial to the Grant Help Center before the 7 trial days are up, the user will not be billed $74.95 or any charges thereafter.
E. To cancel the 7 Day FREE trial the user will need to contact us before midnight of the 7th day. Cancellation requests must include the following information to be canceled: First name, last name, shipping address, city, state, zip code, phone number, email address, date of purchase, type of payment used, last 4 digits of the credit card number used.
G. We reserve the right to make changes to pricing at anytime. Please revisit these term and conditions regularly.
10. Grant Mentoring Center 14 Day Free Trial
A. User agrees to be charged by Grant Mentoring Center after 14 days of ordering the FREE CD in the amount of $29.95 for access to the Grant Help Center. The first day of the trial is the date of order. No refunds will be given for failure to use the requested and/or provided services.
B. The user will continue to be billed for $29.95 each month there after unless the user contacts Grant Funding Express using our Contact Form or calls us at [protected].
C. If the user cancels their 14 day FREE trial to the Grant Mentoring Center before the 14 trial days are up, the user will not be billed $29.95 or any charges thereafter.
E. To cancel the 14 Day FREE trial the user will need to contact us before midnight of the 14th day or they cancel cancel by visiting www.GrantHelpOrder.com
G. We reserve the right to make changes to pricing at anytime. Please revisit these term and conditions regularly.
11. Shipping/Return/Refund Policy
A. Credit and debit card orders are shipped within 24 business hours. We ship all orders using USPS Priority Mail. Most orders arrive within 1-4 business days. If an order is placed before 9am MST on a business day, it may ship the same day. Please note: We do not ship orders on Saturday or Sunday. Any order placed on Saturday, Sunday or a national holiday will be shipped on the next business day. We only ship to the United States. International orders are not accepted.
B. User understands and agrees that Grant Writing Express does not refund for shipping and handling charges after 3 business days, unless the user orders more than one FREE CD being shipped to the same address.
C. User understands and agrees that if the user receives a broken FREE CD then Grant Writing Express will replace it for FREE. User must send in the broken or defective FREE CD to Grant Writing Express company address with a letter requesting a new CD or email a clear digital photo of the broken or defective FREE CD to [protected]@GrantWritingExpress.com and a new replacement CD will be shipped to the users address on file.
D. No refunds will be given for failure to use the requested and/or provided services.
E. By not cancelling Grant Writing Express Grant Help Center during the trial period or during any billing cycle, you agree that any recurring charges billed to you will be non-refundable after being charged.
A. Grant Writing Express makes no guarantee that you will receive a grant from any of the organizations listed in our directories.
B. Our information, grant specialists and other staff make every effort to prepare you to make the best possible match and application for your grant purpose, but there is no guarantee of receiving any funds.
C. Grant Writing Express does not directly issue grants and provides information for solely educational purposes.
13. Indemnification and Hold Harmless
A. User agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Grant Writing Express, its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates and representatives from and against any claim, cause of action or demand, including but not limited to reasonable legal, accounting and other professional fees that may result from your use of our website services or your breach of these Terms of Service.
B. Grant Writing Express will notify users of any such claim, suit or proceeding in a timely manner.
C. User acknowledges and agrees that GrantWritingExpress.com and/or GrantWritingExpress.net’s services. User agrees that, should any dispute with a third party result from or arise in connection with any use of this web site or our publication or services, User will indemnify and hold harmless Grant Writing Express its employee(s), representatives, agents or others acting on its behalf, from any liability resulting from any legal action, claim or dispute arising from our in connection with User’s use of GrantWritingExpress.com and/or GrantWritingExpress.net’s services under this Agreement.
14. Corporate Liability Limitations
A. User understands and acknowledges that we have no control over the quality, safety or legality of the content or information submitted by users on this GrantWritingExpress.com and/or GrantWritingExpress.net web site. Because it is not feasible to authenticate users on the Internet; Grant Writing Express cannot and does not verify or confirm that each user is, in fact, who he or she purports to be. (see also #6, Verification and Certification, herein)
B. User agrees to release Grant Writing Express, its agents, employees and affiliates from any or all claims, demands and damages – actual and consequential, direct and indirect, express and implied – of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of, or in any way connected with, such any disputes between or among users of this GrantWritingExpress.com and/or GrantWritingExpress.net web site and services.
C. Grant Writing Express shall not be responsible for any inaccuracies or typographical errors, and does not make any representation about the accuracy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of either our website or the material contained on it.
D. Grant Writing Express expects and assumes that users will exercise caution and demonstrate common sense when using this GrantWritingExpress.com and/or GrantWritingExpress.net website.
E. Anyone using this GrantWritingExpress.com and/or GrantWritingExpress.net website and its content does so at his or her own risk. The user is solely responsible for the content submitted on any and all forms or documents available to user on the GrantWritingExpress.com and/or GrantWritingExpress.net website.
F. Although we make every effort to provide timely and accurate information, the law is constantly changing. Users of this GrantWritingExpress.com and/or GrantWritingExpress.net web site are solely responsible for the accuracy and correctness of all information they provide to complete any documents and forms on this web site.
15. Limited Liability - User understands and agrees that Grant Writing Express.Inc., its officers, employees, agents, partners, and others acting on its behalf, shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Grant Writing Express has been advised of the possibility of such damaged s), resulting from:
A. The use or inability to use this web site.
B. Unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data
C. Any statements or conduct made by any third party
D. Any other matter relating to this GrantWritingExpress.com and/or GrantWritingExpress.net web site or Grant Writing Express publication.
16. Liability Disclaimer – Computer Software and Internet Communications
A. User agrees that Grant Writing Express shall not be held responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or stolen email, unavailable network connections (cable or phone modem), failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed data transmissions, Grant failures, hardware, software or other technical malfunctions, disruptions or disturbances or any other communications failures or circumstances that may affect, disrupt or corrupt communications.
B. Grant Writing Express assumes no responsibility, and shall not be held liable for, any damages to, or viral infection of, your computer system, network or other property on account of your access to, browsing of or use of our website or the downloading of any materials, data, text, graphics, or other material. Any material that you download or otherwise obtain through our service or web site is done at your own risk and discretion. User is solely responsible for any damage to user’s computer system or any loss of data that may result from the downloading of such material.
C. Under no circumstances, will Grant Writing Express be liable for any injury, loss, claim, damage or any special, exemplary, punitive, direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages of any kind (including, but not limited to lost profits, savings, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses), whether based in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, which may arise out of or in any way whatsoever connected to the use of or access to our website content or services, any failure, delay or inability to use our service, cost of procurement of substitute services, unauthorized access to/alteration of your transmissions or data, statements or conduct of any third party on the service, whether or not we are advised of the possibility of such damages by you or another party.
D. User understands and agrees that Grant Writing Express Inc.’s entire liability, and user’s exclusive remedy with respect to any services rendered by Grant Writing Express or GrantWritingExpress.com and/or GrantWritingExpress.net under these Terms of Service and any breach of these Terms of Service, is solely limited to the total amount paid to Grant Writing Express for purchase of the Grant Writing Express publication.
17. Warranty Disclaimer
A. Except as explicitly provided in this Agreement, Grant Writing Express makes no representations or warrantees of any kind, express or implied, concerning our website and/or its materials, all of which are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
B. Grant Writing Express expressly disclaims all warranties and conditions, including implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement, as well as those arising by statute or otherwise in law or from a course of dealing or usage of trade.
C. No information, either verbal or written, that user may obtain through GrantWritingExpress.com and/or GrantWritingExpress.net or its publications, including but not limited to Grant Writing Express, shall create any warranty that is not expressly stated in these Terms of Service.
18. Breach, Revocation and Right of Refusal
A. Failure to abide by any of the Terms of this Agreement may be considered as a material breach of contract. In such case, we reserve the right to immediately terminate or deny User the right to use our services.
B. Grant Writing Express reserves the right to cancel, deny or refuse service at our sole option and discretion in the event that you have supplied us with information that we find to be false, misleading or that conceals or omits any details that could influence the services we provide to you.
C. User understands and agrees that Grant Writing Express shall not be held liable for any losses or damages that may result from our refusal to provide you our services.
D. Grant Writing Express may act, at its sole discretion, with respect to user-submitted information that we deem necessary or appropriate if we believe it may result in potential liability for us or that it may cause us to lose, in whole or in part, the services of Grant Writing Express’s Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other suppliers.
19. Changes, Revisions and ModificationsGrant Writing Express reserves the right to revise these Terms of Service and change the services provided under this Agreement. User acknowledges that any such revision or change will be binding and will take effect immediately upon posting. User understands that, by continuing to use our services following such notice. User must abide by those revisions and changes.
20. Privacy of User Information
21. Web Site Security and Security of User Information
A. Data Security
1. Grant Writing Express takes appropriate and necessary measures to protect all data that contains information related to you.
2. User hereby waives all claims of any nature against Grant Writing Express or GrantWritingExpress.com and/or GrantWritingExpress.net concerning the loss, alteration, or misuse of any such data or information.
B. Although we take every effort to ensure safe use of this web site, we recommend that you install a firewall and antivirus program on your computer.
C. CookiesIn order to maximize your surfing experience, User/Member agrees to follow these instructions regarding cookies:
1. Set your firewall and A/V security to accept all cookies from GrantWritingExpress.com and/or GrantWritingExpress.net.
D. Grant Writing Express, through this GrantWritingExpress.com and/or GrantWritingExpress.net web site, provides all Users with a secure environment for use of our services. This GrantWritingExpress.com and/or GrantWritingExpress.net website is hosted on a secure server to ensure that all financial transactions are secure.
E. Anti-Spam Policy
1. Grant Writing Express does not tolerate spam in any form.
2. By providing information to this GrantWritingExpress.com and/or GrantWritingExpress.net website that forms the basis of our communication with you, such as your email address, you waive all rights to file complaints concerning unsolicited email or spam from this website since, by providing such information, you agree to receive communication from us or other marketing organizations.
3. However, all such email communication with you shall contain an 'unsubscribe' link where you may notify the website that you no longer wish to receive solicitations or information from the website and your name will be removed from the general solicitation database.
4. User understands and agrees that we consider any spamming by User to be a breach of these Terms of Service, and will result in User’s account being frozen by Grant Writing Express
5. Any User who receives SPAM from another GrantWritingExpress.com and/or GrantWritingExpress.net user or customer should report this to Grant Writing Express immediately by e-mail to our Contact FormIf it is proven that any User or client engages in spam activity then Grant Writing Express will hold that User or client’s account, notify them of the problem immediately, and enforce our anti-spam policy to the full extent as provided by law.
F. Anti-Phishing Policy
1. E-mail “spoofing” or “phishing” allows hackers to send messages to people with information that looks like it came from the official company, such as Grant Writing Express or GrantWritingExpress.com and/or GrantWritingExpress.net.
2. User understands and agrees that you it is possible for your personal data to be obtained by others, as "hackers, " and “phishing” used in an inappropriate manner that may cause you harm and that you agree that you.
3. Such practices are illegal and Grant Writing Express will enforce and prosecute identified offenders to the full extent provided by law.
4. Grant Writing Express, its employees, or representatives acting on its behalf will never request your password, name, address, or other such person.
5. User shall be solely responsible for any damages you may incur as a result of such “hacking” or “phishing”.
G. Users are prohibited from engaging in any activity that violates or attempts to violate the security of this GrantWritingExpress.com and/or GrantWritingExpress.net website, including (but not limited to): accessing data not intended for your use; logging into servers or accounts for whose use you are not authorized; trying to probe, test or scan the system or network’s vulnerability or to breach security measures or authentication procedures without authorization; attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including (but not limited to) via means of submitting a virus, worm, or any other software, overloading the system, “crashing” or “spamming”; sending unsolicited email, including promotions/ advertisements of products or services; falsifying any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting or impersonating someone else.
H. Users are further prohibited from using any software, device, search engine or other action that may interfere with the proper functioning of this website or any business activity being conducted on it.
I. Navigating or searching this website by any means other than the navigation tools provided on our GrantWritingExpress.com and/or GrantWritingExpress.net web site or by such reputable third-party web browsers is prohibited.
J. Any attempt to decipher, decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise interfere with any of the software use
K. Any security violations of our computer and internet system or network can result in civil or criminal prosecution. Grant Writing Express will investigate and/or report any or all such occurrences to the proper law enforcement authorities and co-operate fully with them in prosecuting users who perpetrate or participate in such violations. Anyone engaging in such prohibited activity shall be held responsible and liable for any and all damages that may result from such prohibited activity to Grant Writing Express and any of its employees, agents or representatives; any other users of this GrantWritingExpress.com and/or GrantWritingExpress.net web site or other parties that may be adversely affected by such prohibited activity.
22. Termination - Grant Writing Express reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to pursue all available legal remedies if any User is found to be in breach of these Terms of Service.
23. Severability In the event that any provision of these Terms of Service is determined to be unenforceable, invalid, unlawful or void, by any court having competent jurisdiction, then said provision shall be deemed severable from the remaining provisions and shall not affect their validity and enforceability.
24. Disputes and Dispute Resolution
B. Arbitration shall be conducted pursuant to the rules of the American Arbitration Association, which are in effect on the date a dispute is submitted to the American Arbitration Association. Hearings will take place in Laramie County, Wyoming.
C. The arbitrator's decision will be final and binding with limited rights of appeal.
D. The prevailing party shall be reimbursed by the other party for any and all costs associated with the dispute arbitration, including attorney fees, collection fees, investigation fees, travel expenses.
25. Governing Law and Consent to JurisdictionThis Agreement and its performance are governed by the laws of the State of Wyoming. User hereby consents and submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts located in the State of Wyoming to resolve all disputes that may arise out of or is related to the use of Grant Writing Express under this Agreement. User agrees that the applicable law to be applied shall, in all cases, be that of the state of Wyoming.
26. Entire AgreementThese Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between User and Grant Writing Express with respect to your use of this www.GrantWritingExpress.com and/or GrantWritingExpress.net web site.
27. Grant Services Free Trial
The 7-day free trial membership is provided as a bonus to everyone that orders our program. This includes Grant resources and training to help you through your search for funding. We update the site continually with valuable content to make sure you have the tools you need. You can cancel your membership at any time by emailing from our Contact Form. If you do not cancel your membership by the end of the 7 day trial period, your membership will automatically renew and your credit card will be charged monthly thereafter. Charges will appear on your credit card statement from Grant Writing Express. Monthly charges will end as soon as we receive your request for cancellation. No monthly fees will be charged if the request for cancellation is received prior to the end of the 7 day trial period. The trial is 7 days from the day you order your package from us. By ordering this package, you agree and understand that your card will be charged for the monthly fee of $74.95.
I ordered a free cd with them but was charged 3.95 which was credited out since I canceled this before it arrived. They
then charged my credit card 474.95 for a service I did not
order. I notified my credit card company and they issued a
temporary credit, This was in March 2009, now in may the charge was re-instated since the company said they had no record of my cancelation. I have the email copies of my cancelation, which I will fax to my credit card company. Hopefully this will end this. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE.
I ordered the cd for $3.95 and made sure I didn't enroll in any membership. I received an email stating the cd was held up in a warehouse and would arrive shortly. I could also download the information until I received the cd off of a page that they said was available. The page was corrupt just like the company. I never received the cd and grantwriting continued to take money out of the account. I tried to get a hold of them but everything including the phone is bogus. I called my credit card company immediately to dispute the charges which were all given back to me. Never again will I put myself in a situation like this. Stay away from Grantwriting express.
As a retired law enforcement officer, I consider myself fairly savvy, and not easy to scam. Prior to signing up with Grant Writing Express, I conducted a quick (too quick, obviously!) check of the company and found nothing suspicious. However, five days after providing the information for my "free" CD, I noticed that a charge for $74.95 appeared in my checking account, paid to - you guessed it - Grant Writing Express. To add insult to injury, five days after that, I noticed a charge for $29.95 paid to MyFitness - huh??
In the meantime, I tried many times to contact the Grant company. The phone was always busy, no matter what time of day I called. I also called MyFitness, which answers the phone as "ClickIncome". Although they answer the phone, I was placed on terminal hold every time. I mean 45 to 60 minutes at a time. They probably just put the phone down and walk away. I had to go my bank and cancel my debit card, and it looks like I'm out $105.00. I guess I should be glad it wasn't more. Oh, and by the way, I'm still waiting for my free CD.
BAIT and SWITCH SCAM! Beware I have lost a total of $105.00 to these scammers! READ the TERMS and CONDITIONS before you order the "FREE CD" (!!) Order page does not match the terms! If you authorized the debit to your account the charge ID shows up at "www.granthelporder.com" and this morning I have one from "myfitness.com" for the same amount as the monthly subscription dues. So it appears that they are changing the company who collects the monies quickly so you have trouble tracking who and what they are doing.
You should be able to cancel your membership by going to the home page (www.grantwritingexpress.com), scroll to the bottom and click on "unscribe" this links you to a page where you can cancel your membership. I did this and recieved an email stating my membership was cancelled and confirmation that no more charges would be applied to my account. I'll know for sure when no more debits hit my account. Good Luck I hope someone takes these guys down.
Go to the FTC and complain, it's easy to do online...
Look out! If you sign up for your 'free' Grant Writing Express CD, you are also agreeing to paying...