Credit Solutions of America Complaints & Reviews

Credit Solutions of AmericaUnauthorized charges

Credit Solutions of America did nothing but take my money and do nothing to resolve my debt. Not all of us have overextended ourselves by choice, so many like myself are stuck with debt that an ex-spouse has left them with. I trusted Credit Solutions of America but they are all LIARS!!! I have been trying for weeks to get out of their contract, so I am going to take this up with News 7 and their On-Your Side to help me get a refund. If you have been in my situation, please go the BBB of Texas and file a complaint so we can stop this company!!!

Credit Solutions of AmericaHuge mistake

Going with Credit Solutions was a huge mistake. They to nothing for you and charge you a ton. I made 2 payment to them before I realized how they worked and then canceled. If you are looking to get out of debt, look somewhere else. They tell you they will settle for a lot less but by the time they do, your balance has gone way up because of fees and penalties. All they do is ask you to save money and once you have some saved they say you can pay this creditor now. What a joke! Their service is great until you sign up then you can't get any service at all. The one time I did get through I heard a manger tell the person I was talking to she was taking to much time and to hurry up. Once again What a joke!

• Cr
    credit Mar 06, 2009

I think if you have a job or are making some money, cancel with credit solutions, and call the credit card companies and try to work something out where you pay a min payment per month and can close the account.

If you are not making any money, then probably filing bankruptcy is the only option. I thought it strange that when I called credit solutions they did not even ask me for the account number of the credit card company that I was doing business with.

Basically, what they want you to do with no guarantee that it works, is stop paying your credit cards, which is going to hurt your credit rating, try saving up some money per month for 3 years till you have 1/2 the money that the credit card bills are for, and then they will "try" to make a settlement for 1/2.

This may be what you are looking for, but I read some complaints about this company on the Internet which scares me about doing business with them. I do not know of a good 3rd party company that can actually help negotiate your debts. If you are thinking about filing for bankruptcy then I would suggest contacting an attorney if you can afford one.

Charles Apr 15, 2009

Credit, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Why even say anything at all? I hate stupid people.

sambecka Apr 15, 2009

hahah thats good that is
    they get you to just stop paying your bills, and pay them instead. eventually they tell you that they reached a settlement deal with your creditors, which is way more money than you could pay at once of course. But not to worry, you can start paying us, Credit Solutions, instead with one monthly payment. ISNT THAT GREAT? Remember, dont bother to answer your phone in fact, we suggest you change your number and get one that is unlisted. You don't want those baad bill collectors harrassing you anymore, right?

the fraud is, your original creditors just charged off your account because they couldnt get in contact with you anymore. Nobody from Credit Solutions contacted them at all.

Companies like Credit Solutions really help keep the American Economy strong. Think of all the nice houses, and cars, living like Kings and Queens and stuff. Do they deserve it? Did they really work for it? Its sad to know our own government won't do anything about these companies.

Ryan Apr 20, 2009

If anyone complaining about credit solutions of america resides in the State of Florida pleasecontact me at [email protected] ... we can help you

Ryan Apr 20, 2009

I completely retract my offer to Help above.. the offer was free advise and at no point was intended for the purpose of obtaining professional employment

Credit Solutions of AmericaAwful company

Since we joined Credit Solutions of America in July of 2008 its been one huge nightmare for me and my family. They promised to send a proposal to all the creditors and not one creditor has received anything.
On a daily basis, we receive anywhere from 10 to 15 calls from creditors who want to get their money. We have told them many, many times that we are working with Credit Solutions, and the creditors care less.

Credit Solutions is NOT all it's cracked up to be. We are better off working out solutions with the creditors on our own. They promise to save you money, but all they are interested in is collecting that huge fee, then they don't do anything for you and they won't return calls!!

We have called them a number of times and told them that we keep getting harassing calls from the creditors and that the creditors haven't received the proposals that CS has sent them. When we try to call them, we always get the brush off, and get NOWHERE with this place.

We don't know what's worse - buying a used car at a dealer or dealing with Credit Solutions of America! So, if you're reading this, think long and hard before you decide to go with them - you may be better off working it out on your own.

• Do
    Doc Nov 04, 2008

I signed up with them. Yes, creditors do continue to call. I had to make phone calls to see what was going on. They did manage to "mess up" a bit with first creditor (should have contacted them sooner) but still saved me money. Second creditor, they saved me $7, 000, much better than first creditor. I have one more creditor to pay but they have already saved me more than I have paid out. If they continue with record of success with third (last) creditor, I will save approximately $10, 000 net (savings vs what I had to pay Credit Solutions).

I DID try to negotiate with the creditors myself, as all of the financial gurus say to do. Not one would work with me - and I was paying them through automotic payment (on time) and barely eating into any principal. This debt was just NEVER going away. That is why I went with Credit Solutions. The company hasn't been perfect, but they HAVE come through for me. In my case, I am glad that I engaged with them.

Credit Solutions of AmericaBeware

I worked for Lending.com and saw so many people get fired. I know how to kiss up, so I stayed around for a while...before I got fired. I have heard some really bad stories about Credit Solutions from some of the people that transferred from there. I heard they were very unethical. I give them credit in knowing how to set up a company and gaining peoples trust. If I was just looking for a mortgage loan, from the propaganda, I would think they were professionals. I think they focus too much on the marketing and too little on training. And I agree with someone else's comment...they make it all about who they like. You can’t be like that in business. One particular person that one of you mentioned was a nice person, but didn't know anything about mortgages. I think she's still there.

Credit Solutions of AmericaDon't sign up with them

I am a current employee for Richardson based Credit Solutions. I have something that should be brought out to the public. This company is misleading customers. They are ripping people off!

Credit Solutions is a debt settlement company. They settle customer's accounts. But there is a lot of misleading the customers. They charge 15% of the total debt for their services. All the company does is advice customers to stop paying their bills and promises they can settle for a low amount of money. The sales department just wants people to sign up so they can start to drain people's bank accounts. The company only calls the creditors if the client has money to settle accounts. Clients are misled to believe Credit Solutions will stop any late charges or other fees. They won't help the client if they don't have any money. They don't care if the client is going to be sued and will not offer legal help in any way. They only want to speak with customers with money to settle. Supervisors will not talk to escalated calls that need to be helped. All they care about is being off the phones and making sure all employees are hitting their calls and only helping customers that have money to settle accounts. I actually try to help customers cancel out of the program to save the money being taken. The customer could have used that money to save or put towards their accounts, instead of paying Credit Solutions to just sit there and do nothing. That's all they do there is sit there and do nothing. Just google search credit solutions complaints and you will see what I'm talking about.

I'm only working there because it’s real hard to find a job these days. As soon as I find something else I will be quitting. I'm really sick of working here and can not wait to get out. I feel sick at my stomach working for this company, knowing they only care about people not cancelling out and keeping the monthly fees to continue to drain customer's accounts.

I really think this company needs to be investigated and brought out to the public. There are some class action law suits on the company, and rightfully so. They delete records from old accounts and get rid of documents all the time. Working there is like going through a revolving door. They hire in huge numbers to get their numbers up then start to *** people out like they're trash off the street. It goes in cycles. It’s ridiculous here. I can give you inside information on this company. I can give you an interview and details on this dishonest company.

I would be glad to give you any information. I am filing complaints to the Better Business Bureau, EEOC, The Federal Trade Commission and any other agencies and/or organizations to help expose this company.

• Ju
    Julie Zarvos Jul 18, 2008

Hi, I would love some information, if there is any way to get back all the monthly payments we have made to them the past year.! I just talked to a representative today to get an update of whats going on with our account and how it's building up. Because to my understanding of what they told me was that we pay them $136.00 a month, they take out a small percentage for their "service fee", and the rest builds up in an account for them to pay our creditors. I am not stupid, I wish I could go back to all my previous conversations with them, because I asked a lot of questions and obviously they lied to me somehwere.
    So I have come to realize today after talking to them, that they have not done anything to negotiate with my creditors, all she kept asking was have I been receiving any letters from them, or any calls. Because they care, right? The last twelve months of payments I have made which I thought was helping pay off my credit has been going to them for doing nothing.
    I thought I did the research in finding a good company to help my family, and it makes me ill knowing I have been scammed. I don't know how I'm going to tell my husband.

Please let me know if there is any way to get my money back. It even says after you google "credit solutions", 100% money back if not satisfied, but when I click on the link to go to the page I can't find anything about it. Please help me.

• Sh
    Sheryl Nigro Oct 29, 2008

Hi, I have signed up with Credit Solutions and have already sent them $564.00 to "help" me with my creditors. I am very unhappy with them as I keep receiving phone calls and they don't seem to be doing ANYTHING to hlep me! I really would like my money back and to get rid of the worthless company. Any possibility of this happening? Thanks for whatever help you can give me.

Sheryl

• St
    Steve Nov 20, 2008

These son of a ### worthless thievin ###s should be hungup by their balls!!! I joined these crooks about a year and half ago. They did NOTHING for me except cause me MORE FINANCIAL problems and Stress and Grief!!!
    They are the lowest of the low !!! Every single person that works for this company should spend the rest of their lives behind ###in bars!!! I am EXTREMELY PISSED off at them!!!
    I ended up settling 90 % of my debts on my own !!! They did nothing but take my money and are still doing so !!!
    I sent them a letter last month that I settled all my accounts and to stop taking payments out of my checking account and that they OWE ME a LOT of money back !!!
    Now today I went to my online banking account and these worthless ###S took out another $ 712.00 dollars!!! I am so VERY Upset at myself for getting involevd with these ###s!!!
    How can such companys be able to be in business ripping people off of great sums of money???!!! Why arent they stopped from financial killing people !!! I joined them when I was DESPERATE ...VERY DESPERATE in finding a solution to paying off my creditors !!! When people are desperate for help they will try anything and these ### know this !!! They are praying on people at their MOST VENERABLE ...STRESSful time in their lives!!!
    I had noticed Credit Solutions a couple of years ago on a popular talk show. Stupidly I thought hey this talk show must have done their research into this company for them to be recommending them to their LARGE AUDIENCE. Im thinkin they must be ok...maybe they can help me !!!
    HELL NO !!! HELP???!!! hahahahaha... Thats the LAST thing they are going to do !!! Again ...how can they stay in business...??? Why isnt the government shutting them down ???!!! How can people work for this company knowing the damage they are inflicting upon people that already are in a world of financial trouble !!! How could this be???!!!
    I know one thing...if its the last thing I do...Im NOT going to let them get away with this !!!

IM SO VERY VERY VERY VERY ANGRY !!!

What ever you do...DO NOT join Credit Solutions and/or any other such financial companys!!! They will only make matters MUCH WORSE than they are!!! Call the creditors and you make the deals with them...they are willing to cut the balance down ...at least they were before this financial disaster the countrys in right now. I dont know if thats changed any.

Anyway...Stay far far far far far AWAY from CREDIT SOLUTIONS!!!

• Ke
    Kevin99 Aug 30, 2009

The HR department of the company I recently went to work for "Credit Solutions" told several lies to every new hire I've spoken to.
    I specifically told the HR guy I wasn't interested in doing any "cold calling". He told me that I would only be calling people who had gone on line and specifically asked to be contacted by our company.
    After two weeks of calling people who said they didn't request any information from us and had no clue as to how we even got their information, and worse yet people who scream and curse into the phone because they've been called by 20 people at our company multiple times and told the reps and even e-mailed them to remove them from our list. I finally went and had a talk with the manager of the training department and found out they are buying list from other companies who may or may not have anything to do with credit problems such as mortgage loan companies.
    He seemed shocked (or at least pretended to be) that we were TOLD by our trainer to ignore notes in the system and to go ahead and call people who had asked to not be called. We were also told in training to tell client's that we would settle their debt by 50% or less. Two days ago we were told to stop saying that.
    This company can not do business in at least 12 states and is being sued by the state of Texas and (I think Missouri) too. The AG of Texas is investigating them and God knows who else.
    I feel tricked into being promised a three figure income and I'm driving 3 hours a day round trip to get minimum wage. I went off unemployment to take this job and now because of the price of gas I'm making less than I was.
    I wonder what to do?

Nobody Smith Nov 02, 2009

Before you accept that great job with any debt settlement company consider this:

1. They suck you in pump you up and make you think you are doing the right thing.
    2. What if someone gets sued? Just exactly what do they do if someone gets sued?
    3. What happens to all the interest and fees that are added to the debt as it ages?
    4. Yeah they will likely settle but now that the debt has doubled and they settle it for half, did you just pay the original amount anyway?

Sales 101.1. (What they do not want you to know)
    I want you to know that everything the person on the phone tells you is from a carefully crafted script, designed to maintain control of the conversation. A good salesperson will deflect your questions until a specific part of the script. This way he/she can go to the objections section and “overcome your objections” Each sales person has a script of what to say and when to say. It even what emotions to use when talking or leaving a message. They have scripts of the most common objections and how to respond to them. So any question you have there is a script for it. Any reason you have to question if they are on the level, there is a script of that too. These people have more scripts than an iphone has apps. The emails are designed to make you feel like they are trying to help you and you are refusing help. Also every voicemail is scripted. They are not the only ones who do this. Most of the time when you get a sales call they are following a script designed to control the conversation and get you to agree with what you are being told.

NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM SOMEONE OVER THE PHONE UNLESS YOU CALL THEM. Please. Don’t do it.

Just remember EVERYTHING they say is from a script, even the humor.

• St
    starj Nov 10, 2010

They recently called me even though I never signed up for them. They said you had to have come to our website and signed up because we have all your info. I told them they obviously don't know how the internet and random clicking does to info. Only thing I've done is sign up for a magazine. They ninja information from from you to get a hold of you and call persistently. Then they say you need to sign up for this even though you've never heard of them, you say no 15 times, then they ask for your social security and they wonder why you wont give them 70 -100 dollars a month. This company sounds like bad new automatically the way the try to get people to sign up. Just saying.

• Jm
    JMK4 Dec 23, 2010

I just cancelled my account with credit solutions and they still withdrew $283.50 from my account after they sent me an e-mail confirming that my account with them had been cancelled. I am so upset because it is Christmas and i needed that money! I am going to try to pay off my debt by negotiating myself. I don't feel good about the way Credit Solutuions wanted me to do it, by not paying at all! I would like any information you may have to get reimbursed for the money that was removed illegally and if there is any chance I could retrieve any of the money removed from my account while in the "program" and nothing was done?

Thanks,

[email protected]

Credit Solutions of AmericaScammers

I thought when I signed up, it would all be great, I could finally breath, we were doing something about out debt...In 4 months, no one ever contacted me, e-mailed me, nothing. When I called them, it was one changed story after another. They don't give a crap about you. They just want to scam your money from you, sit back and do absolutely NOTHING!!! I told them I wanted my money back for putting me in a worse situation than I all ready was, they mine as well laughed right in my face...Bottom line...THEY SUCK.

Charles Apr 15, 2009

Completely ridiculous comment. Talk about getting scammed. How about when you signed up for a credit card? Is the credit card company's program set up for you to get out of debt?

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices