Restoration Hardwarefalse advertising/poor customer service

T

On July 11, 2010 I placed an order for the French Casement Vanity and the Industrial Tower. I finally recieved these items through Excell Delivery @ the 26th of August. Upon delivery, neither item arrived with any packaging or protection. Aside from this, The French Casement was missing both sinks that at that time, were to be included with the vanity. The casement was also missing one black bumper that is to be affixed so the sinks have something to rest on. The vanity also has oxidized and rusty hinges. I immediatly contacted customer service and was at first told it could take several weeks to locate my sinks. A few days later, I received a call that said it would be after January of 2011! I called again as this was unacceptable. I requested that Restoration Hardware pick up the vanity and ship a brand new one that had the included sinks. This was on August 26th. On August 28th, I received a call from customer service appologizing for the situation and an assurance that within the next two weeks at the absolute longest, I would receive a new vanity with two sinks and the original one would be returned. I asked for verification that I would be receiving the French Casement Double Vanity with two sinks, packaged appropriatly and by October 12. She assured me that there were 11 vanities in the system and one of them had at that moment been allotted to me. Today when I checked my voicemail, there was another message from RH informing me that it would be last Novemebr at the soonest, that I would receive the vanity. I immediatly contacted customer service and was told that while I was promised on August 28th that a vanity had been allotted to me and was on its way, the order was not placed until October 6th and at that time, all 11 had been sold. Therefore, I had been bumped and was now part of the back order. This vanity was ordered for a home we are building in Port Aransas Texas and the situation with the vanity is preventing the completion. I can't tell you how many thousands of dollars I have spent over the years at RH, at least $12, 000 this year alone. I am extremly disappointed in every process of this order. It is beyond unprofessional and poor customer treatment. I will absolutly be notifying the BBB of this incident and anyone else that will listen. I am appauled this could actually happen. I plan to contact the Houston Town and Country store and cancel my most recent order and wouldn't even consider ever shopping with this company again!!!

• Ho
    homemakermom Oct 25, 2010

False advertising: Restoration Hardware calls it close set hardwood panels. Reality: MDF.
    Shiping time estimates on backordered items are a joke.

• Ho
    homemakermom Oct 25, 2010

This is what false advertising looks like: Restoration Hradware calls it close set hardwood panels -reality: MDF.
    A very overpriced MDF.
    Call their customer service for material specifics before you order their "wood" products.
    And yes, their estimated shipping times on backordered items are a joke.