Reservations.comhotel accommodations

B Aug 05, 2018

My husband and I traveled to Florida on a spur of the moment trip. Used Reservations.com to find a room because we couldn't find anything. We paid 274.00 with our credit card for a room at the Baymont Inn in Fort Walton Beach. We arrived at the hotel to find the room had a terrible leak and the room was damp and the stinch was so strong. Reported to front desk and we were shown another room in worse comdition. Stayed on the phone with reservation.com for 4 hours trying to get this issue resolved to no avail. Hotel said they couldn't refund bc it was through a 3rd party. Finally after 4 1/2 hours of attempt reservations.com finally contacted Baymont to verify about the rooms deplorable conditions. Now we were told by reservations.com that we will have to wait 15 days for a refund which left my husband and I 7 hours from home at 11p.m. in the middle of nowhere without anywhere to stay after driving 7 hours straight. Reservations.com didn't improvise in any way and now we are back on the road with no rest at night traveling back home.