Complaints & Reviews

Never delivered full service

I enjoyed having the photo booth at my wedding reception. However, it has been over three months and I still have not received the DVD with the images, which is included in the photo booth rental. I have called multiple times to both the local photo booth operator as well as the owner of the company for two months now and still have not gotten my DVD.

Highly recommend that you DO NOT hire this company for your event. Or at least hold the final payment until you receive everything.

• Ph
    Photosmadeez_lost_my_video Oct 06, 2010

Why dont you file small claims through small claims court?

BTW, I want to post my exp on a company and it is asking for a confirmation code to file a com, plaint on this website. Pls let me know how you filed and how to get confirmation code..

Thanks

Resolved Awful service

I contacted Roland for my daughter's wedding to be held on 10/10/08 to rent a photo booth. I should have known something was up when I called him two days before the wedding and he said he wasn't paid yet and really had no knowledge of my contract. After faxing a copy of everything he said things were o.k. and the booth would be there. NOT!

I have made many calls for repayment and faxed more copies of our contract and our canceled check and it is now 5 months later and still nothing . He has made many promises to me if I have been tricky enough to get him to answer the phone. I've gotten nothing but lies and quick stories of ignorance from Roland.

I've done B.B.B. and nothing, so today I did small claims . I spoke to him again and he said the check will be in the mail tomorrow. I'm not going to hold my breath. Please find some one else for a photo booth rental. I've heard that they are a lot fun. I wouldn't know from experience, thanks Roland.

• Am
    Amanda Feb 24, 2009

I'm trying to contact someone who has dealt with this place because I stupidly put my deposit down then saw all of these complaints. The thing is, he hasn't taken the money of out my account yet and it's been almost 2 weeks. How quickly did he take your money?

Amanda

Alpinist Mar 17, 2009

Beware of Rolland Elliott aka rentphotobooths.com
    He was named one of the six worst businesses in Charolotte, NC
    and continues to rack up complaints with the BBB: http://charlotte.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=44&bbb=0473&firm=118734
    He is also under investigation for fraud by the North Carolina Attorney General.
    Google "Rolland Elliott" or "rentphotobooths.com" and you will see his reputation.

Alpinist Apr 10, 2009

Rolland Elliott is trying to hide his awful reputation under dozens of domain names:
    www.annarborphotobooth.com
    www.washingtondcphotoboothrental.com www.willmingtonphotobooth.com
    www.winstonsalemphotobooth.com

• Be
    beth collins Dec 15, 2009

I had an awful experience with him for my wedding: misrepresented equipment, equipment was broken, employee had never worked with equipment before, he charged us for shipping when contract stated we didn't have to (about $90), and huge lack of communication. seriously the worst experience i have ever had with a company!

Incomplete & unsatisfactory service

I highly DO NOT recommend this company. I had thought - I found a good deal for my wedding - but ended up getting what I paid for. The attendant was unprofessional, the photobooth was not even working 50% of the time, and in the end - it was the worst part of the wedding.

Rolland Elliot, the owner also lacks alot aswell - bad customer service, problem still not resolved. Very flaky!! It was like I was interacting with an 18 year old, straight out of out high school that had no professional sense or manners.

DO NOT RENT from this place - and as i see in the other post - his photo studio has about as good of a service has his photobooth... not a big surprise. I hope this review will stop you from having the problems, I have had to deal with and am still dealing with.

• We
    Wedding Nightmare Sep 24, 2008

Rent Photo Booths - Not all they claim to be

CD - We were promised a CD of all the images from the photo booth - 4 months and numerous phone calls and emails later we still have not received the CD and they have no good answer as to why we haven't. They asked me who our attendant was. Why would I know that, and why wouldn't they?

60 day password protected photo hosting - They don't even know what this is when I called to complain they we never received this service promised on their website as part of our package.

Personalized Message - No, nothing. Just pictures. No caption. It was our wedding day! Come on!

Waste of money. Use a company a friend has used and LIKED.

alexsis kahn Dec 17, 2008

We rented a booth from www.rentphotobooths.com and they did a great job. We loved the customized logo and names and the acrylic strip picure frames were great.

Alpinist Dec 26, 2008

Beware of Rolland Elliott, the owner of rentphotobooths.com. He was named one of the six worst businesses in Charolotte, NC
    Google "Rolland Elliott" and you will see his reputation.

Alpinist Apr 10, 2009

Rolland Elliott is now trying to hide his bad reputation behind dozens of domain names. Same bad man, but now at all of these domains:

www.annarborphotobooth.com
    www.tampa-photobooth.com
    www.tucsonphotobooth.com
    www.washingtondcphotoboothrental.com www.willmingtonphotobooth.com
    www.winstonsalemphotobooth.com

• We used him for an event. He showed up two hours late. Our photos were never made available online. He never provided us with the photo disk as promised. When we called about it he said that he would mail it out immediately. After several calls and several months, we have yet to receive it.

I rented a photobooth from another company for a previous event. Rentphotobooths.com did not compare in quality and usability at all. The booth itself looked cheap and unattractive. There were no stools provided for inside the booth. The booth was difficult to operate. There was just a camera sitting on top of a monitor. The photos were slow to be developed and the attendant was printing them on a desktop printer away from the booth, so most people either forgot to pick them up, or did not know that the prints were available. Overall the presentation was very poor.