Renaultpaint work warranty

Z Aug 12, 2018

I am sadly following through with this message indicating my disappointment and regret in the service of Renault. I am the owner of a Renault Clio 4 2013 model - VIN VF15R5A0H48521898 . I recently followed up on the paintwork warranty claim that I had brought to Renault Paarden Eilands attention in 2016. I had liaised with Dina Pietersen of Cape Town Multifranchise in Paarden Eiland in the week of the 07/06/2016 - she then indicated that I will need to have the car assessed by an Autobody centre ( Ryan's Autobody repairs) that falls under their prescribed Repairs centre, on Renault Paarden Eilands request. This I had done on the date of the 07/06/2016 as my paintwork warranty was coming to expiration in August that year. The Autobody shop indicated that they would forward all this information to Renault and that they would follow through with making an application of a warranty claim. For that week into the next 2 weeks I had followed up on the matter with the Warranty claims department and it was said that they are still waiting for an outcome. I was told that they would contact me via email or telephonically. I was never contacted by any person from Renault.

Last Monday the 23/07/2018 i contacted the the Autobody centre that I had taken my car in for assessment, to investigate the forwarding of assessment and to follow-up on the matter. They had issued me the quote just to recover the proof of the assessment date so that I would be able to submit the validity of the date of the claim. I received the quote and decided to investigate the claim again with Renault Paarden Eiland. I then contacted the Warranty claims department and I was received very welcomely by Yolanda Van Aarde. She told me to email her all my particulars such as VIN and the quote, which I had presented to her. She indicated that I would receive the answer most likely by the end of the day . I did specify to her telephonically that if I don't answer my cell then she should email me instead. Day after day I called her to be told that she still had not received any answer yet, which I respected. Finally on the 27/07/2018 I received and email from Yolanda Van Aarde saying that the warranty can not be honoured due to "time Expiry". It then followed with saying that I can further the case with Renault Customer care on [protected]. I immediately contacted Customer care on that day - I explained my situation to them and they told me that it needs to be taken up with the Branch and that if I have problems I need to approach the Consumer Service Ombudsman. It was very difficult as I was being redirected from one customer care number to another, but the same answer was being made as they all indicated that I need to sort it out with branch. I then decided to call the branch and speak to the Warranty claims department - Yolanda Van Aarde answered, and then said its best if I speak to her superior advisor (Gunther Sieringer) who is responsible for submitting the claims. I immediately got the impression that I was being brushed off and that he wanted me to accept that it was a closed case. I tried explaining my situation to him, indicating that I had done what I was supposed to do on request from the Warranty claims department at the time of the claim in 2016, and that the quote is valid proof of this. He kept repeating that my car is currently out of warranty - and to this I had to keep correcting him by saying that my car is still in Warranty but it is my Paintwork warranty that is expired. I then kept adding that I had my car assessed in 2016 on request by Renault Paarden Eiland - whilst still in the paintwork warranty period and I did keep following up on the matter, but got no where. I indicated to the Warranty official that I had dealt with Dina Pietersen at that time, and he rudely responded with saying that there is no Dina and that there hasn't been one for the past few years because he doesn't know of a Dina. He obnoxiously said that I am confusing the situation with another branch. I told him that I had just brought my car in for a yearly service in September 2017 and I had dealt with Dina Pietersen in the Service department. He actually argued with me and tried to make out that I was a liar saying that there is no such person. He accused me of forcing him to approve the claim - I responded with saying that he has no authority to approve it and that Renault South Africa can only do it -and he kept repeating that the quote is too old and the vehicle is out of warranty again. He became more and more insulting indicating that I should have followed up on the matter and indirectly saying it was my fault. Eventually I asked if a Warranty claims application was submitted to Renault South Africa - and he answered in a very subdued manner "No". This indicated to me that he had made the decision independently himself as to whether Renault SA would evaluate the authenticity of the claim. He got stroppy and angry saying that he cannot send off an old quote.

What I have come to conclusion about the whole conversation is that he refuses to take responsibility for the situation as it proves that there was no communication from the warranty claims department and a lack responsibility on their side. I am deeply dissatisfied by the way I was treated because there was no indication that the branch has my best interest or my cars best interest.