Red Roof Innsredicard & customer service

Whenever my husband and I go out of town we always stay at a Red Roof Inn. But that has changed! In December we were going to and from San Antonio because our youngest daughter was in the NICU at St Lukes Baptist Hospital fighting for her life. Unfortunately she didn't make it. Today, 1/9/18, we got a call from Chapel Hill saying that our daughters remains were ready to pick up. We weren't expecting to be called for another week. So we called to see if we could get our points from our Redi Cards combined since neither one of us gets paid until this week we were told because our last names weren't the same we couldn't! Mind you we joined the Redi Card program almost five years ago now. We didn't get mattied until 2016. But when we stay at any Red Roofs any other time and we pay they don't care that our last names aren't the same! Horrible customer service! Thanks for making this process that much more stressful and harder! Furthest thing a grieving parent should have to deal with! We have spent so much money with this company! It never mattered then about our last names! We joined so long ago we didn't realize it mattered! The military still recognizes him as my husband even though my uniform says my maiden name. Doesn't stop them. Ridiculous and horrible customer service! [protected] is my number.