RCA/Thompson TVbroken 32 lcd rca tv

I purchased a RCA 32" Flat Panel TV from walmart on May 24, 2008. On Nov 8, 2008 I was watching the telvision when all of a sudden the tv just went completely blank. I tried powering the tv on with the remote and then by the tv itself, the tv will not power on. I then tried differen electrical outlets just to be certain. I called RCA right away. I was told that my tv warrranty was 1yr parts and labor with carry-in only. No replacement or refund was available. After making serval calls to RCA because I was very upset and angry that a five month old tv would even need a repair I felt that I had brought a crap product. I took the tv into RTA sercive center and the service repair guy stated that a letter had been issued by Thomson/RCA Incorpated that "No" RCA tv 32" and smaller would be repairable that it would be a replacement item "ONLY" After the RTA repair guy contacted RCA they said that parts are now available ant that the tv would not be replacable. RTA service repair guy also stated that they have not touched a RCA TV for repairs in over 2 years and that the current policy for this make and model tv was still posted on their(RCA/Thompson Inc.) website and that no other letter had been issued to his Serive Center stating that this policy have changed and when it took affect with the 32 inc RCA TVs. I was then contacted by the service repair guy after dropping off my tv that RCA will only cover parts, and labor chargers would be my(the customers)responsibility. The practice and product satisifaciton is so poor. A product that RCA/Thompson Inc stands by and supports can not immeditaly and apporiatley address and solve the issue of a problem that confirms it is a product, manufacting issue. I spent over $500 for this tv and I sure as well didn't purchase a $500 tv to last only 5months. This is literally throwing money out of a window. Now anyone that may work for either company how would you feel if you spent your hard earned money on a product that a company who manfactures, sell and promote these this item. It is evident by the numerous complanints on diffrenet web sites and the BBB that the problem is with the companys manufacturing of these RCA tvs. I will do everything in my power to voice this issue and the numerous misleading infomation that I'v recieved when contacting RCA repersentaitives and Thompson Inc with no resolution to this problem and no answers. I am told that I must pay $150 per hour labor of the TV to RTA for the rapair for a tv that is not even 6 months old. To me, my tv is considerd brand new.

• Lo
    Louis Davidson Dec 03, 2008

Hi,
    We purchased an RCA LCD HDTV in Sept. 07. In Feb. 08 it started shutting down. We called RCA and they said we could send it back with $201.00 for repair and we pay the shipping to them. We did not agree. After numerous emails and phone calls we got no resolution. I contacted the Attorney General for our state and they contacted RCA/Thomson. In Sept. 08 they sent a letter and called saying they would buy the set back at a prorated amount of $493.52, we paid $1000.00. This was Sept. 29, 2008. We contacted Thomson again in early October and were assured we would receive our check in 4 weeks. On Nov. 7 we contacted RCA again and were told that the check was approved but was held up at their Indianapolis office. We have since made over 20 phone calls and cannot get the person handling our case to return our calls. I have also sent at least 10 emails threatening a class actions suit. Today, Dec, 2 we contacted RCA again and were assured that our rep would return our call but never did. I send another email to the AG, I will update when we hear something again. As a note, I have purchased RCA TV’s for the last 35 years with no trouble like this. I am glad you resolved your problem, I hope we can get satisfaction too. BTW we also sent our TV back to them so we don’t even have it to get it repaired.