Complaints & Reviews

poor quality doors!

Purchased door on 4-2-7 del to house on 5-7-07 installed then found that one side lite was installed upside down, contacted comp and they said new door would be ordered, new door received in June, had paint overspray on vinal covered jams, unusable, new door ordered again, THIRD door arrived in late July this door had another upside down side lite and was refused by me for delivery. Company did pay for original door installation and time off to supervise installation. Have been in contact with company sine July to have a different door paid for along with the cost and installation and my time off for supervision. Last contact with them is only for the first door and some expenses. I believe that they should have to pay for the new door, installation of the new door, supervision, finishing and other cost involved with a problem that is stopping the finishing of a front door and remodeling since April 2007 till Oct of 07.

window not good

I have had my peachtree window and had someone come look at it. It has been leaking around glass for the last...

warranty no good

Do NOT buy from these people. They state in the warranty that the warranty covers defects in material and workmanship for 10 years. We have some very high dollar patio doors rotting out at the bottom. They were installed in 1997 and in 2000, one of them was showing rot. A Peachtree rep came and looked at the issue, and said the weather stripping that WAS INSTALLED at the factory was not sealed at the bottom properly. He sent me 1 new door (I have 4) and my contractor removed the seals and sealed them as per the reps instructions on the other 3 doors. Now, they all are rotting and when I call Peachtree and explain to them the issue, they simply say it was our fault the weatherstrip was not properly installed, EVEN THOUGH THEY INSTALLED IT AT THE FACTORY.

My first complaint about the new rotting was in June of 2006, well within the 10 year warranty period.

I will not ever recommend this company to ANYONE.

• Mi
    Michael Vranish Sep 29, 2007

Peachtree has been the worse company I have ever dealt with period. I have one of there doors and getting help or customer service in Wyoming does not exist. I try to call the company and only hear music for 30 minutes, when I do leave a message with what is wrong they call back and leave a message "this is (so and so) if we can be of any further assistance please call 1-888-the same number I left the message at, without even answering my question. My glass has seperated, my lock has broken, when I order replacement parts they send the wrong ones, (forget calling). Now I have a door that I can not open from the inside, a lock that does not work, and glass that is seperated allowing mosture in and still no answer or help. I have accepted the fact that I will need to tear out the whole door and replace it with another brand. This company has fly by night qaulity, that charges premium prices for low end products and poor service. Never buy from them.

• To
    Tom Brost Jan 10, 2011

Very dissatisfied with an expensive Citadel sliding patio door installed in our home in 2005. I would not recommend these doors if You live in a climate that has temps that go below freezing for more than a few days in a row as it is just about impossible to open and close the unit. We live in Superior, WI and it gets cold occasionally! I had a factory installed transom window added and this also was a big disappointment as daylight was visible through all 4 corner miters in the exterior aluminum. A factory rep applied some sealant to the corners, but was of no help with the lack of winter operation of this door. I have studied it for a few years now and my best guess is that it warps or distorts due to the cold.

non-stop warranty never got going!

Peachtree's "Non-Stop Warranty" was introduced January 1, 1990. The Non-Stop Warranty i...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices