Complaints & Reviews

lies false advertisment

Laura and Valentino Warren Picazzo and scam artists, dogs not in this country as claimed, they will not let...

please beware on this site and really all sites like this

Please beware on this site and really all sites like this. We brought a puppy last year, a Shiba Inu, she is beautiful and sweet also comes with health issues! Sites like this is heaven for puppy mills. I brought it from a seller who promised me that her dog had a litter and wants them in a good home. I paid good money for my lil pup pup and even more on medical bills in which the bet had told us her issues stem from heritage breeding. Ex: our puppies parents where most likey her brother and sister from a previous litter. Sure enough I went back and checked the listing and it all adds up to a litter being born within the time frame of a birth, recovery time, and another birth.

If you really loves animals go save one from a shelter. Watch a documentary I caught on HBO called Madonna of the Mills!
A real eye opener! These poor babies are tortured to breed n breed treated horribly and have their puppies ripped away once they give birth to sell while still too young to be taken away from there mother:(

Your lil pup was 3 months old when we got her, health issues and also she would hide in a corner for weeks after you went to touch her and she would move back... Seems she had already suffered abuse within her few short month with the breeders :(

• Je
    Jessica PF Rep Mar 23, 2012

My name is Jessica and I am a Relationship Manager with Puppyfind.com. Since Puppyfind.com was mentioned in this complaint, I wanted to take a moment to respond on behalf of the Puppyfind.com website.

First, let me say that I am sorry to hear of your unfortunate experience while using the website. Bringing a new puppy into your home should be an exciting and fun time and I know that if something ends up being wrong with the puppy it can take an emotional toll on everyone involved. I do hope your puppy is thriving now despite its rough start.

While it is true that Puppyfind doesn't pre-screen members as stated in our Terms Of Service, we do work on making the website as safe as possible for all users. Unfortunately, Puppyfind.com has no way of knowing if a puppymill is utilizing our website. We simply do not have the ability to perform inspections on those breeders who choose to advertise on our website. However, when we do discover that a breeder is a puppymill, we do remove them from the site. Please understand that it does take more than one person's claim that a breeder is a puppymill. We look for copies of inspection reports, news reports and/or charges filed against the breeder to support the claim of "puppymill". If someone feels a breeder is a puppymill, we encourage that individual to contact our Customer Support and provide information detailing the reasoning behind that claim.

We also offer individuals who have purchased a puppy from a breeder on our site the ability to submit reviews of their experience. We may ask for supporting documentation as we try to be fair to both sides. Puppyfind is not involved in the arrangements or transactions of puppy sales. We do not promote one breeder over another nor do we receive any compensation from a successful sale. We simply provide an avenue for the initial point of contact.

As the previous poster mentioned, it is important for users to perform their due diligence when purchasing a puppy. We do try to help the buyer by offering a Buyer Tips page on the Puppyfind.com website. This page can be accessed by visiting the Puppyfind.com website and clicking the Buyers Tips tab located at the top of the page. These tips include questions to ask and things to watch out for when choosing a puppy.

Bilope, please feel free to contact the Puppyfind.com Customer Support if you have information supporting your claim of the breeder being a puppymill. We do not want puppymills on our website as that is not what the site was intended for. If you have not already submitted a review of your experience with this seller, please don't hesitate to do so.

Thank you for your time and I wish you and your puppy the best of luck.

• Dm
    DMAZ Aug 14, 2012

What a JOKE of a response from Puppyfind.com! I have been in an ongoing dispute with "Joanna" from Puppyfind.com Customer Support who has done absolutely NOTHING but make up excuses for why my recent Seller Rating was removed without my consent and without even attempting to contact me. I have had the most unprofessional and irresponisble dealings with one of your breeders and your company refuses to allow me to post a Bad rating and indicated that the breeder has the ability to remove any ratings they want. I was also told that my rating must have been for Petfind.com or Petfinder.com, when Petfind.com is not even a viable domain name and I have never been to Petfinder.com. Your company is supportive protecting of irresponsible backyard breeders, puppy mills and the like and as a result is culpable for any bad experiences no matter how many times and ways you wish to dissuade customers from voicing their negative experiences. You should be ashamed of yourself and everyone who has had such an experience should go to the BBB and any other consumer protection agency that they can to file a complaint not only about the specific breeder, but Puppyfind.com for supporting the breeders and attempting to censor the buyers.

• Je
    Jessica PF Rep Aug 15, 2012

Hello,
    I did some research on your claims and read the email communication between you and Joanna. The reason why you were asked if you meant PetFinder is because you wrote PetFinder in the review that you left and since Puppyfind.com is in no way related to PetFinder the review would have been removed as being submitted to the wrong site. However, after hearing back from you that you did intend to submit the review to Puppyfind and not PetFinder, Joanna did proceed with the review process by sending you a request for supporting documentation. Puppyfind.com, at no time, refused to allow you to submit your review. When you initially contacted Puppyfind regarding not being able to locate your review, Joanna did tell you that she was not able to locate the review for the Seller you were referencing. It turned out that you did not provide the correct Seller information and that was why we were not able to locate the review. Once she did find the review and cleared up the issue regarding your referencing of PetFinder, she moved forward with the review process of asking for supporting documentation. At this point, we are simply waiting for your response and will then continue to move forward with the process. I am sorry if you feel our review process, and our desire for accuracy, is sub-par. We take the reviews left on the site very seriously. When a seller attempts to remove a review as being inaccurate, we begin the review process and allow the reviewer the opportunity to provide supporting documentation. The seller also has to provide supporting documentation and in many cases we do restore the negative review. The review process is not perfect and we are working on ways to improve it but at this time we are doing the best we can to insure that the reviews activated on the site are accurate representations.
    I wish you the best of luck!

Jessica
    Puppyfind.com

puppy scam

Bought a dog for $200 after I got a call that I need to send $100 more via Western Union to get my puppy! Don't believe them!

fraud

I have contacted puppyfind over the past 2 years. I emailed them 02/25/11 and stated they had over 150 bogus adds that read 300 with shipping included., every page I went to had a bogus add. They didn't even spell right. Puppyfind does not do anything regarding the fraud they let the adds stay up. They dont let the consumer know of possible scams. Something needs to be done about this site. They are ripping off hundreds of people. One email let me know he just build a home off this site. Please do something.

CSRM Nov 04, 2011

Greetings,

My name is Matt and I am the Relationship Manager with Puppyfind.com. It has come to our attention that the complainant is claiming that they have sent numerous messages to our website about scammers, with no action taken by us against the scammers. The complainant then goes on to make statements that simply do not make sense. The overall complaint is lacking in truth as well as evidence, but to those who believe what 'Banjo1234' is stating, please understand that this complaint is far from the truth.

Interestingly enough, this complaint reads much like a complaint left about Puppyfind.com in December 2010 by a Complaintsboard member using the name 'Walter'. In this other complaint, 'Walter' states that he contacted us numerous times about scammers and we did nothing, and that our owner even informed 'Walter' that a new garage had been added to the owners house because of all the money made from the scammers. Our comment left for that complaint indicated that the statements made by 'Walter' were far from the truth. The same goes for this particular complaint.

I will repeat what has been stated before on this website. To those out there who say we are doing nothing to protect our members, please note that there is much more going on behind the scenes of Puppyfind.com than the public realizes, and it's all being done to keep everyone as safe as possible. Each type of fraudulent account must be dealt with in different ways, and some may take a bit more time to remove than others (due to the amount of research that must go into the accounts), but Puppyfind.com is making sure that every fraudulent account that is found is being removed. Yes, scammers do attack Puppyfind.com on a daily basis. It's an unfortunate truth we must deal with, but it's also true that we are doing something about it. For example, we have Buyer Tips posted on the site to educate members on how to keep themselves safe when dealing with online purchases, and we also provide a 'Report' button on each dog listing shown on the site, so if any scam listing is found by the public that we have not already removed, they can simply click 'Report' and we will be notified to specifically check out the reported listing and member that posted it. If it's a scammer, it will be removed.

To say Puppyfind.com is doing nothing about scammers on our website is false. To say that we are benefiting from the scammers is false as well. We aren't building houses for the owner because of scammers, we actually do lose money. Nevertheless, we will continue to provide a place for dog breeders to advertise their available puppies, and we will continue our fight against the scammers as long as they attempt to come to Puppyfind.com.

• Do
    Doyourjobproperly Dec 20, 2014

Matt,

I'm in Australia.

How can this be possible?

scams

I almost fall for a scam on this website, beware of puppyfind.com I'm posting three e-mails to arise...

very pleased

I have successfully bought three beautiful Akitas. They all came from wonderful breeders I found off of...

scam

I had a negative experience with breeder who advertises on the Puppyfind site. The breeder was was in...

bought two champion bloodlines

I have bought two beautiful champion bloodline Akitas off puppyfind and have had no problems. Don't be so gullible! Wire money? No. Meet? No. Ship? No. Go to their house and meet the parent and see the pups environment? Yes. Hello? Of course I ran into a few scammers. Believe it or not people they are out there. And hint hint people who don't list their number don't want your money if you ask me. Everyone just needs to be more careful and pay attention. I bought pups from reputable breeders who had both parents papers on sight the whole nine. If you ask me its your own fault if you get scammed!

CSRM Dec 28, 2011

Greetings,

My name is Matt and I'm the Relationship Manager with Puppyfind.com. I'm writing this comment because Puppyfind.com is being mentioned in this statement. Although it appears this is not a complaint, it is appearing on a complaint website, so many people could be led to believe this is a complaint about our service if they were to just give a glance to the complaint title.

While we do appreciate the positive statements about Puppyfind.com, I did want to simply comment and clarify that this does not appear to be a complaint about Puppyfind.com. I also would like to take this opportunity to remind people about Internet safety.

Be sure of who you are dealing with, and see if it's at all possible to meet in person before any money changes hands. Many breeders that advertise on our site won't deal with out of town buyers, because safety is as much a concern for them as it is for the buyer. If it is not possible to meet with the breeder, do as much research before arrangements are made to pass money along. Scammers are notorious for requesting payment by Western Union so keep an eye out for that if it comes up in conversation. All in all, it is important to do as much research as possible before entering into any agreements.

At Puppyfind.com, even breeders that appear legitimate can still turn out to be a fraud. It's unfortunate when this happens, but if we are made aware that an account is violating our Terms of Service (TOS), then we will not hesitate to remove them if we receive proper evidence that the account is indeed fraudulent. This statement is not made to cause fear or distrust of Puppyfind.com, but bad apples do unfortunately show up on our site from time to time. This is why we have a Fraud Department that constantly works to keep the site as safe as possible, and will continue to do so, even if the threat of scammers becomes a thing of the past.

Be safe, be smart, and be patient. It may take a while to find the perfect pet online, but the results are definitely worth it.

• Li
    Linda VanHorn Jun 02, 2016

Hire a new Chief of Police

scammed... out 300 dollars

I found a "local" person claiming to have a Japanese Chin puppy, When I contacted her Kristy Philpot, stated the owner became a missionary and could no longer keep the puppy happy, if still interested contact Rev. Thomas F Hogan. I did and was pleased to find the puppy still available, I was so excited that well I did not research enough, and I sent the $300 to get the cute puppy. I spoke with the man several times and he assured me as a "man of god" that he was in desperate need to have someone take care of his friend. Well I became unsettled when he asked for and additional 550 for insurance, i spoke with my boyfriend and he even spoke with the Rev. I actually sent the $550 for insurance. but I kept thinking and things were not adding up in my brain, so me and my boyfriend went home and talked, then we both began researching...and to our total lack of surprise WE were not the first to be scammed. I called western union and cancelled the $550 payment, so he only got away with $300 of my hard earn money.

CSRM Dec 30, 2011

Greetings,

My name is Matt and I'm the Relationship Manager with Puppyfind.com. It was recently brought to my attention that our name was mentioned in the title of this complaint, so I felt it necessary to leave a comment about this situation.

I would first like to say that I'm very sorry to hear that this scammer committed a crime and stole $300 of your hard earned money. It is always unfortunate when something like this takes place, and Puppyfind.com finds it extremely unfortunate when we discover that the scammer may have found their victim while they were signed up with our website.

Research was initiated to find out if this scammer was indeed on our website and records indicate that the name of “Kristy Philpot” was registered to an account on our site around the time this scam took place. Records also show that the account was removed the same day it was created, as it was discovered to be a scam account. While the account at first appeared legitimate, actions taken by the account revealed it to be a scam account, so we removed it as quickly as this discovery was made.

I would like to remind readers that Puppyfind.com does not pre-screen people that come to our website, as both advertisers of dogs, and those interested in purchasing a dog from an advertiser. This is made known in our Terms Of Service. We also remind people on the site to do their research and ask plenty of questions and even visit the dogs if possible, before any commitments are made to purchasing a dog advertised on our site. We also provide ways for people to turn in accounts if they appear to be suspicious. While we do provide these resources, we also remind members to be cautious, as we are simply a bulletin board service and do not have the ability to meet people beforehand that intend to use our service.

It is our hope that the authorities can continue fighting scammers all over the world to keep websites like ours safe, and the Internet in general a safe place to connect with one another. Education is important for the every day user to obtain, and our efforts to include the public in our operations have helped us understand and fight the scammers in better ways. From our 'Buyer Tips' to providing a 'report' button on each listing so members can easily alert us to possible threats, it is our hope that this combined effort to fight the scams can lead to their eventual disappearance from the Internet.

I again am very sorry to hear about what has happened, but it is our hope that the scammer perpetrating this crime is brought to justice by the authorities. And as always, if any of our members come across any accounts that appear suspicious on our website, do not hesitate to report them to us immediately.

rip off

I signed on to puppyfind.com and most of the puppies I researched the web site kept asking me to sign up to get complete details regarding puppies listed. Once I signed up and got complete details I found that every listing ( golden retrievers )in my home state was outdated. The most recent listing was 12 months old and when I called the breeder, they were puzzled saying the dogs I was calling about were born a year ago. I called puppyfind.com and told them allthe goldens were outdated and they asked me to sign up and pay just to send me to a dead end. I asked for a refund and they basically blew me off.

CSRM Jan 04, 2012

Greetings,

My name is Matt and I'm the Relationship Manager with PuppyFind.com. As this complaint is about our website, I feel it is necessary to reply to the complainant concerning the topics discussed.

To begin with, I would like to apologize to the complainant for any confusion that may have taken place during their experience using PuppyFind.com. It is never our intent for our website or our Customer Service Department to confuse anyone attempting to use the services of PuppyFind.com.

The complainant has stated that all the listings they viewed in their home state were outdated. Although this is not a current complaint, if the complainant is able to provide PuppyFind.com links to the listings in question, we would be happy to investigate and find out why old listings were still appearing on our website. It is a concern to PuppyFind.com if outdated listings are appearing on our site, because our system, since 2007, has been set up to remove any untouched listings that have appeared on the site for a period of 28 days straight. Basically, this means that if the member (Seller) that has posted the listing has not updated the listing in any way for 28 days, the listing will be automatically removed from the website. The Seller is given a notification after 20 days that they have not touched the listing in question, and if after 28 days, the listing is still not given any attention by the Seller, it will be removed without question. This is done to keep all listings on the website current. Prior to 2007, a little more time was given for Sellers to update their listings, but no listings should be appearing on our site that are a year old.

Concerning the other point made about how the complainant contacted PuppyFind.com Support by phone and were asked to sign up and pay, I'm not sure exactly why the complainant would have been asked to sign up if they were already a member or pay over the phone, because it is not standard policy for our Customer Support to ask this of our members. If the complainant knows who they spoke to at PuppyFind.com, it would be appreciated if they could provide the name of the Customer Support Representative (CSR) that asked them to pay. This will assist us so we can provide better training to all of our CSR's in the future concerning matters such as this.

On PuppyFind.com, both Buyers and Sellers have the option to upgrade (pay for) their accounts. Sellers typically upgrade their accounts more often than Buyers. When a Seller upgrades, this gives all Buyers the opportunity to view all details of the Seller's listings, including contact information. If a Buyer comes across a listing that has blocked information, this means the Seller has chosen not to upgrade, so the Buyer can do so, for as little as $5.99. Once a Buyer is upgraded, they can then view all the details of every listing on the site, regardless of the Seller's upgrade status.

The only time a CSR would mention upgrading to a member over the phone is if the member were to ask why they could not view certain areas of a listing on the website. The CSR would explain what an upgrade is useful for, and would provide the different prices we offer, but a CSR would not ask a member to pay over the phone. Also, if a member pays and in the same day decides they do not want the upgraded service, they can have their purchase voided so they are not actually charged. If within a few days of upgrading, a member decides the upgrade is not for them, they can receive a refund. Members are not simply 'blown off' when they ask for a refund. The best effort is made to accommodate our members when they do ask for their money back.

I again would like to apologize to the complainant for any confusion that may have taken place due to our website. As you can see, PuppyFind.com makes every effort to accommodate those seeking our service, but from time to time, there may be a miscommunication that takes place. If and when that occurs, we want to do our best to rectify the problem so future visits to the site can be positive experiences for all who come to PuppyFind.com.

PuppyFind.com Relationship Manager

false advertising

I recently bought a puppy from puppy find. Despite all the negatives surrounding the site. I have used it...

entrapment

This company is using illegal tactics of entrapment to refuse service to paying advertisers. I was told today by Sheila that they call people and pretend that they are fake customers to gain information about the business and see if they wish to deny the ability to advertise on their site. Thye do not disclose who they are when calling all they do is trry to trick them into giving some unsatisfactory information to decline service. They make decisions that are based off of opinion and personal likings and not facts. I am hoping that others will join in and someone will be willing to look into this case. Puppyfind.com at [protected]. I was also told that they ban accounts via email AND PHONE numbers. So I asked well what happens if someone gets a new phone that belongs to an account that was once removed she said well then they will also be banned from ever advertising. Even if they have no relation they draw a conclusion based on phone number alone.

CSRM Nov 01, 2011

Greetings,

My name is Matt, and I'm the Relationship Manager with Puppyfind.com. I'm leaving a comment to clear up any mis-information that has been provided by the complainant.

While the complainant has spoken with a manager at Puppyfind.com, the manager did not supply this sort of information to the complainant. If and when it is necessary to remove an account from Puppyfind.com for violation of our Terms of Service (TOS), the company will only do so after performing the proper investigation, research, and proper questioning as needed. If we need to contact a member or an individual related to a situation we are investigating, proper identification of Puppyfind.com will be provided. Accounts are not simply removed per an opinion or 'personal liking'. Proof must be provided for any account to be removed. Whether it is an overseas scammer infiltrating our site or a puppy mill that has been turned in, we require proof that the account has violated our TOS, and we obtain that proof through legitimate avenues of research.

Puppyfind.com works daily to remove accounts that are found to be in violation of our TOS. We do not sit back and let bad accounts to persist on our website. If an account is brought to our attention that we discover is in violation of our Terms, the proper procedures and actions will be taken with the account. If a member turns out to be legitimate, but perhaps is violating the TOS without their knowledge, they will be given the chance to correct their account. If an account is found to be in constant violation, even after multiple notifications to correct their account, the member will be given a final warning that their account may be suspended if corrective action is not taken on their end. If an account is suspended, the member must contact a Customer Service Manager to discuss their account and the situation at hand. If this scenario happens multiple times, an account can be danger of being banned for constant violation of our TOS. It is not our desire to see a situation like this take place, as we do our best to accommodate legitimate members of our website, but if they cannot abide by our TOS, then disciplinary measures must take place to protect the website and our legitimate members.

While I do acknowledge that our website is not perfect, we are doing the best we can to provide quick and smooth service to all legitimate members, while dealing with problematic situations in responsible ways that are the most appropriate for Puppyfind.com and our members, as a whole.

• De
    Deborah Reading Oct 24, 2016

They take money off your card without authorization even 2 months after deleting your account

reviews

Puppyfind.com allows negative reviews be placed on seller's account without notification to seller's that they are there. So the negative review is there for the public to see even before the seller gets a chance to tell their side of the story or prove their case and many times the seller doesn't even realize the review is there. Puppyfind.com told me that if a buyer can prove that they bought a dog from the seller that the review gets to be put on for the public to see, it does not matter that the seller has proven their case and it does not matter what any agreement/contract states or whether the buyer held up their end of the bargain at all. So forget your puppy agreements or contracts because they mean nothing to puppyfind.com puppyfind.com also informed me that the buyer can at anytime request the review be striken, so if we make nice and buy off the buyer than maybe we can get our false review striken too...doesn't seem reasonable or very fair. Another thing I have figured out from the system is that someone can have a 2 or 3 star rating instead of a 5 star rating and that is based just on people using the review system to ask questions and coding it with only 2 or 3 stars and not because they bought a dog, so their other response to me isn't exactly true either when they told me that someone has to prove they bought a dog from you. That means that all seller's need to be aware of this and ask puppyfind.com to remove those. All sellers need to check their reviews period. I am sure that buyers have had their share of problems with puppyfind.com too, but please be aware that someone might have a bad review that really didn't have a bad review...puppyfind.com will let just about anything stand on the review system. I would certainly rely on checking other methods or references before being discouraged from buying from someone on puppyfind.com, but i would certainly watch for the scammers that use puppyfind.com too. I also wanted to say that when i asked them one time for a phone number i was told that they did business strickly by email, they did not have a call center or a way for people to phone, but if anybody wants to email me I can provide the current phone number they are using...I got it first on my credit card statement and then later on they suddenly wanted to contact me and talk by phone...and they gave me the number...lol... I also want to say and I have alot more i could say about them, but this is the last thing for now, one time I contacted them about a scammer and several days later the scammer was still running on puppyfind.com, I mentioned it to them again and they sent me an interesting reply which I still have. It took several days for them to finally remove the scammer's listings. I just wonder how many people got scammed in the meantime. You can email me at [protected]@hotmail.com if you have things that have happened to you, that includes buyers and sellers.

• Sc
    schoolfund Mar 05, 2011

AGREE STRONGLY!!

I had a psycho lady drive from louisiana and she bought one of my dogs. She put down a deposit thru paypal.com and had me hold the dog for almost a month. Then she complained about the drive all the way to Oklahoma. She spread garbage lies about how I raise my dogs and then had the nerve to finshed her comment with "BUT THE DOG IS A CUTTIE". In reality she was happy. Some jerk with puppyfind name Brian would not listen to my plea and he would not remove the comments until I finally demanded him to close my account and he did so. PUPPYFIND.COM Your day is coming.

• A1
    A1A2momu Jun 30, 2011

Lady purchased a puppy from me that was certified healthy by two vets and then comes back and says the puppy is sick. I offered her a FULL refund that included shipping and she said no she was afraid I would have the puppy euthanized! Now she puts a negative review on puppy find and says she will remove it if I will give her most of her money back and she gets to keep the puppy! Smell a scam here? Conatacted puppy find and they said there's nothing they can do about it. Why do buyers not get to tell there side of the story? Disgusting!

CSRM Oct 11, 2011

Greetings,

My name is Matt, and I am the Relationship Manager with Puppyfind.com. I recently came across this complaint against Puppyfind.com, and initially contacted the complainant directly. It has been a couple of weeks since they were contacted, and no reply has been sent back to me. I therefore feel it necessary to leave a public comment concerning this complaint.

I would like to begin by first apologizing to the complainant and all others who have negative experiences while using the services of Puppyfind.com. My apology specifically speaks to those who have had issues with our review system in particular.

A recurring theme in the complaint is that the Puppyfind.com review system allegedly caters primarily to the 'Buyer' members of our website. While the system was created to provide Buyers a place to leave a comment for other potential Buyers to view, we certainly do not cater to Buyers only. It has always been our hope that the review section of our website would be a place where our Seller members could be represented fairly, with only the truth being provided in the posted reviews. Unfortunately, it appears that not every Buyer that leaves a review on our website is always an honest individual. Because of this, Puppyfind.com must step in to mediate situations that require a third party to intervene.

I must acknowledge that our review system is not without its flaws, and that the website in general needs various upgrades so it can be the best website it can be. We will be going through an overhaul as soon as we are able to successfully make all the necessary changes. These types of changes take time however, and for a company our size, the change cannot take place overnight. Puppyfind.com is listening to our members and we want to provide a service that will benefit people, not frustrate them. We have heard the complaints about notifications concerning reviews, and that is one of the areas that we are working on.

Currently, the review system is set up to allow Buyers post a review to a Sellers account on Puppyfind.com. If a Buyer posts an unnecessary review (regardless of how many stars they give the post), it will be removed from the Sellers account. Unnecessary reviews would consist of questions about a dog for sale, generalized statements about a dog, or anything that is not specifically talking about a particular sales experience a Buyer had with a Seller concerning a dog advertised on our site.

If a review is posted that the Seller feels should not appear on their account, they have the power to remove the review from public view. Once this takes place, Puppyfind.com is alerted and our Quality Management team will then step in to mediate the situation. Both the Seller and the Buyer will be contacted to inform them of what is taking place with the review. Both parties will be asked for evidence to support their reasons for either wanting the review removed or restored to the website for public view. If a Seller wants the review kept off of the website, they must provide proof that indicates the review is false and must be removed. If a Buyer wants the review restored to the site, they must provide proof that indicates the review is completely factual. Based on the proof we receive, a decision will then be made to either remove or restore the review. There may be occasions where the majority of the review is true, except for some statements that may be incorrect. If this is the case, the Buyer is asked to re-write the review to be completely factual so it can be restored for the public to view.

As this is the current policy for the website, it must be acknowledged that Puppyfind.com does not cater to one side over another. Any decision that is made about a review situation in question is made based off of the facts of the situation. In one case the decision may be on the Sellers side, and in another case the decision may be on the Buyers side. It just depends on the evidence we receive from both parties.

Buyers can also ask for a review to be removed if they don't want it appearing on the website anymore. If it's a negative review and both sides have come to some sort of agreement that settles any issues between both parties, then the Buyer may ask for the review to be removed and that request will be honored. This does not mean that Puppyfind.com encourages Buyers to 'go after' Sellers so they can be 'bought off', but we do encourage both parties to work together to come to an agreement if one is possible. Coming to an agreement does not necessarily mean that a review will be removed or kept on the site, either.

Puppyfind.com always wants to make sure that both parties are given an equal amount of time and respect when going through a situation where a review is in dispute. If any confusion or miscommunication occurs between Puppyfind.com and the members involved in a disputed review, we want to be made aware of this so we can do our best to correct any problems our website may have inadvertently caused. We want to provide the best service to all our members, not just some of them.

Concerning the topic of communication with members, Puppyfind.com is a small company, and we have limited resources with which to work. This does not mean we do not have the capability to run a website, but it does mean that we don't have hundreds of Customer Support Representatives at a call center. Because we don't have that kind of facility, we encourage people to email us their questions and concerns. We reply as quickly as we can, with no more than 48 business hour passing before a reply is sent. If a particular situation requires a phone call, then we will certainly make sure a phone call happens. My apologies for any confusion this policy may have caused.

Concerning scammers and Puppyfind.com, we work daily to combat the many scammers that try to use Puppyfind.com to find potential victims for their scams. If there has ever been a particular scammer that was on the website for several days after they had been reported, we ask that any member noticing this please contact us immediately so we may research their account to find out why they have been on our website for so long. We do everything we can to make sure any scammers that do make it onto the website are removed as quickly as possible.

I am aware that some time has passed since this complaint initially appeared on this website, but I still wanted to leave a comment concerning the complainant. It is my hope and the hope of the website that we can provide the best service possible to all our members. Through appropriate communication with our members, and hard work on our part to make a better Puppyfind.com, I know this can be accomplished.

kelly5822 Nov 24, 2011

I purchased a puppy from Danielle's puppys in puppyfind, a king charles cavalier who has some severe health problems including a heart murmer which is very bad for this breed and an eye problem that needs surgery. I have all of the back up of correspondence with her, we came to an agreement and then she broke off all contact. I also posted negative reviews that were deleted and i contacted support and have yet to hear back from them. Her name is Danielle wilson from Joplin, MO - and also sells under Ruff Life Puppies. DO NOT BUY FROM HER! She is deceitful and dishonest. I also posted my email address offering to forward all documentation to whoever wanted it proving all that has happened. She also has the nerve to have a pic of my puppy on her ruff life website. This person has no ethics at all!
    Why does puppyfind not allow negative reviews????? It looks like she is great but is not! do not buy from puppyfind either they do not allow honest reviews.

• Pa
    patricia wilson Nov 22, 2013

I bought a dog from Route 66 English Bulldogs. after getting my money I was informed that the dog had swollen testicles and needed surgery. I refused delivery of the dog and the seller who had my money for 6 hours refused to give it back.
    Puppyfind was contacted after my review was removed by the seller. I sent 30 pages of proof into Puppyfind and they sided with the seller who has all my money and the dog.
    DO NOT USE THIS SITE> Puppyfind will not back you up, only the $$$$seller. People are loosing their shirts being scammed by buying SICK animals.

stay away from puppyfind.com

I notified puppyfind.com 46 times regarding scammers on there site trying to steal monies from people. people...

sells sick pups & doesn't provide proper papers

I purchased a puppy from puppy find .com and a so called breeder named Lynn Overy & John Steib who runs Northern lights goldens they claim the buss. is out of Adelphia NJ. but they are actually out of Mexico NY. the puppy was sold to me as a AKC registered pup with a 2 year guarantee, and a health certificate. the pup was delivered to me sick with Giardia and a UTI. and I have also not received any of the proper papers that were to come with the pup. including the AKC papers. it has been over 6 weeks and the pup is still being treated for her symptoms. I posted a negitive review for her on puppyfind.com and they deleted it. 2 days later someone else posted another neg. review for her saying just about the same things that happened to me. and how they got ripped off and a day later that review was deleted? this is leading me to believe that puppyfind.com is standing behind all the dirt bag puppy mills and the breeders that run them and scam you out of all your money. and by not allowing us to post negitive reviews against the bad sellers /breeders this is allowing them to sell very sick and unhealthy puppies on their web site to unsuspecting buyers who can't see any of the bad reviews. before buying a puppy from puppyfind.com I really suggest that you do your homework first and get all the refferences first about who you want to buy from. and most of all DO NOT purchase a puppy from Northenlightsgoldens.com if you punch that name up on this site in the search box you will get a page that if you click on the highlighted northernlightsgoldens you will have 2 whole pages to scroll down of nothing but sickening things they have done to a lot of their previous buyers. they need to be stopped and put out of bussiness. I learned the hard way and the next time it will be from a local breeder! Thanks KPG

John Borden Feb 09, 2011

HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU PEOPLE HEARD OF PUPPY MILLS AND TO STAY AWAY.ITS ###S LIKE YOU WHO ARE KEEPING THESE MONEY HUNGRY ###S IN BUSINESS

CSRM Aug 18, 2011

Greetings,
    My name is Matt and I'm the Relationship Manager with Puppyfind.com. After viewing this complaint, I did some research into the situation involving the complainant (Keith), and the breeder they had dealt with on Puppyfind.com. I would like Keith, and all viewers of this complaint to know that the breeder in question was removed from Puppyfind.com earlier this year. After receiving similar complaints, and evidence to back those complaints, the decision was made to ban that member from our website. Puppyfind.com does not condone the type of activities in which the member was involved, and when we receive sufficient evidence that a member of our site is breaking the law we will take action against them and remove them from our website.

I would also like to remind readers that Puppyfind.com does not sell any of the puppies that breeders advertise on our website. We do not endorse any one particular breeder, and we do not participate in any agreements or contacts made between buyers and sellers. We do not participate in the transaction or transportation of any puppies advertised on our site. We provide a space for members to meet each other, and we enforce the Terms of Service that apply to our website. In terms of the review system, Keith was given the opportunity to provide evidence backing the review he had left on the breeder's account. Our records indicate that no documentation was ever received by our Customer Support staff. This is why the review was kept off the member's account, according to the rules of our review system. After Keith had contacted us, other members came forward with complaints about this member and they provided documentation, which led to the breeder's removal from the website. We appreciate everyone who contacts us to let us know about bad breeders, but we cannot act on those complaints without definite evidence and documentation.

I again am very sorry to know that this breeder has caused heartache to people they have dealt with, on and off our site, but I am happy to report that their account is no longer active on Puppyfind.com.

kelly5822 Dec 19, 2011

I am shocked - Puppy finder, after reviewing all my information has put back my review of Danielle Wilson - Danielles Puppys - My documentation was in order, including vet records and emails where she then broke off contact. I am very glad that they saw that Danielle does not stand by her word, or her honor.

Hopefully, this will help the next person think twice before dealing with her.

account illegally terminated-class action lawsuit

My account was illegaly terminated for no legitimate reason. If you have had this same problem please contact...

debbie mason

Please read before adopting a puppy through puppyfind.com/debbie mason!

I have recently adopted a puppy through debbie mason on puppyfind.com and within the first 48 hours of having him I have come to discover that he is in very poor health and will need intensive care to be nursed back to health. The vet I took him to told me that he had parvo disease which is a very serious viral infection that attacks the dogs white blood cells, intestinal tract and the heart muscles. It is highly contageous and can be fatal to young puppies esp. Dachshunds!

Debbie was very quick at responding and answering any and all questions before the transaction was finished, answering emails and phone calls and sending several each day before we wired her the payment. Once she received the payment she became completely negligent about taking responsibility for the sick puppy (Which she is responsible for within the first 48 hours according to her puppy health agreement) she has provided no legal documentation for the puppy's health exam other then a piece of paper stating that he has had shots up to 8 weeks which is how old he is, however there was no stamp of approval or agreement from a vetinary nor a phone number to call to be sure that it even exists.

Debbie has been responding very rarely via email, and has not taken or returned any of my phone calls since being notified about the puppy's illness. She has continually given excuses as to why she hasnt responded to my calls.
I advise any pet lover to use caution before adopting, especially due to a case like this! Anyone who adopts from her at this point may be at risk of adopting a very sick puppy!!!
Thank you.

CSRM Aug 16, 2011

Greetings,
    My name is Matt and I'm the Relationship Manager with Puppyfind.com. I attempted to contact the complainant about this situation almost two months ago and have received no reply from 'Baddog'. Although it has been a while since everything took place, it is my hope that the complainant can contact us about this situation. It is unfortunate to discover that they had a bad experience with someone that they met through our services, but it is our hope that those viewing this complaint can understand that Puppyfind.com does not endorse the activities of the breeder that have been alleged by the complainant. Although our website does not assist in any meetings, agreements, transactions, or shipments made between the buyer and the breeder, we do desire our website to be a place where people can safely come to view puppies made available by the breeders who utilize our services. We supply Buyer Tips to everyone interested in getting a puppy so they can have an idea of what to ask of the breeder, and to get ideas on how to protect themselves when making online purchases. We offer a review section for buyers to leave comments about their experiences with the breeders on the site, and our Fraud Department is working day and night to find and remove scammers that may appear on the website. Additionally, when we hear about situations such as the complainants, we want to assist to the best of our abilities. If a buyer or a breeder has been wronged, and Puppyfind.com is able to help in some way, we will do what we can to help.

• Bo
    Boston Lover Nov 26, 2013

I agree with the complainant 100% about what she wrote regarding "dog breeder" Debbie Mason. She is not a dog breeder, she is running a puppy mill, which seems to be legal in the state of Missouri. I purchased a puppy from Debbie back in March, and when the puppy came to me, he was in very poor health as well. I have 3 certificates from our vet stating that he was unfit for sale. We spent thousands of dollars keeping him alive and he even had to be hospitalized for 4 days, staying in an oxygen chamber 24/7. I would never recommend ANYONE to Debbie Mason, as she is not worried about the health and well being of her animals, but more about the cash in her wallet.

• Sc
    Scifigirl501 Mar 13, 2015

I have no idea what these people are talking about my experience has been the complete opposite! Debbie Mason is a kind thoughtful woman who takes great pride and care of her puppies. I bought my little puppy, Gyda, from her not to long ago and I am completely satisfied with my perches. Gyda is happy energetic and loves being around people. When we found her at Debbie's house Gyda was just as happy and playful, it's what attracted me to her in the fist place. The other puppies there were just as well fed and lively as my Gyda! Don't listen to the naysayers Debbie Mason is completely above board and does very fine work, I would proudly recommend her to anyone wanting an Akita, you will not find a better breeder or better puppies!!

support puppymills

I bought a puppy from a "breeder" on puppyfind. I got scammed by that breeder. After trying to get the breeder to respond to any of my phone calls & emails unsuccessfully, I got a little peace knowing that I could leave a review of that breeder. I did read their reviews before buying the puppy and saw that they had nothing but good reviews. I couldn't understand why I felt like the only one cheated by these money hungry people. So, I left a very HONEST review so that others won't fall for all of the breeders lies. 10 min's later, my review was GONE! (you are only allowed 1). I emailed puppyfind, trying to understand & they said that the breeder can erase any bad reviews they want. WHAT IS THE POINT OF HAVING REVIEWS IF THE HONEST ONES CAN BE ERASED??? There is tons of other people that have been scammed on this puppyfind. It's nickname is PUPPYMILL. Please do some research and see all the people hurt by this puppyfind. I feel so scammed by both the breeder and now puppyfind. They need to be removed ASAP!!!

• Us
    USA2011 Jan 10, 2011

your comments scare me. how did you get scammed? was it an overseas thing like on craigslist? i bought my pup on puppyfind, and i am thrilled with my little guy. i was thinking about looking for a little girl on puppyfind. i imagine that there are some crooks on every site, but i dont want to meet up with one. what was the name or their website? give us all some help here, please.

CSRM Aug 17, 2011

Greetings,
    My name is Matt and I'm the Relationship Manager with Puppyfind.com. I would first like to say that I have attempted to assist the complainant in regards to their complaint, but they have not replied back to me. It has been over a month since I contacted them, and since I have not received a reply, I would like to leave my own reply to this complaint in the public forum.

It is very unfortunate that the complainant had a bad experience with a breeder who was using our services, and it is unfortunate that the breeder chose to remove the review the complainant left for them on their Puppyfind.com account. While it is completely understandable why the complainant is upset about this situation, there is more to be understood about our review system than what was stated by the complainant.

While it is true that breeders have the ability to remove reviews from public view, that is not the end of the story. Breeders are given the opportunity to remove a review in case it is something that should not appear on their account. If someone writes a review that states, “How can I buy one of your puppies?” and the reviewer leaves one star on the review, it is obviously a review that does not belong on the breeder's account. Unfortunately, not all breeders use this function for the proper reasons. Some breeders will remove legitimate reviews that will put them in a bad light. Even if the review is 100% true, but makes the breeder look bad, some will try to retain their image by removing the review from public view.

This is where Puppyfind.com will step in and begin the process to examine the situation and assist in an appropriate manner. When a review is removed by a breeder, our Customer Support Department is alerted by the system, and a Quality Manager will contact the breeder and the buyer directly about the removed review. The breeder will have to state why they feel the review should be removed from the website, and the buyer will have to explain and support with proof, why they feel the review should stay on the website for all to see. Once both sides have explained their reasons, and provided evidence to Puppyfind.com, a decision will be made based on the truth of the facts that were submitted to Puppyfind.com. If it appears that the buyer was true in what they were saying about their experience with the breeder, and the breeder was merely trying to hide an honest review, then the review will be reactivated and re-posted to the breeder's account. If the buyer cannot provide any evidence to back up their review, and it appears that they were lying about their bad experience, then the review will stay off of the breeder's account.

Every buyer has a chance to get their removed review restored back to the website if they had a legitimately bad experience. Negative reviews are upheld and kept on the website all the time by buyers that follow through and supply evidence to back their review. While it may take a little extra time to go through this process, it helps keep the review section of Puppyfind.com a useful tool to those interested in buying a puppy from a breeder that advertises on our site. Conversely, if a false positive review is left on an account and it has been found to be false, it will also be removed from a breeder's account.

I acknowledge that the system is not perfect, but Puppyfind.com is working to make a more streamlined and useful review system. It will take time to get the system to a level that will satisfy our members, but we are working on it.

Puppyfind.com also encourages buyers to really do their research when looking into purchasing a puppy from a breeder that utilizes our services. We have provided Buyer Tips on our website for all members to utilize. Within these tips are suggestions such as making as much contact as possible with a breeder, or asking for specific items to be displayed in the photo of the puppy, if you cannot visit the breeder in person. Having a detailed contract is also important, and escrow services are suggested as ways of assisting in the transaction between buyer and breeder. While we may not be able to screen every single breeder that comes to our site, we do want buyers to be aware that there are good and bad ways to going about purchasing a puppy, and to do their best to be smart when thinking about dealing with someone online.

Concerning the issue of 'scamming', Puppyfind.com is not in the business of scamming our members. It pains us to know that scam artists have infiltrated the ranks of legitimate breeders that have used our service for years. From domestic to international scammers, we work daily to rid our site of these criminals and hope that all who come to Puppyfind.com will have a good and safe experience while on our site.

• Us
    USA2011 Aug 18, 2011

The original complaint must have been a bogus one. That is like HSUS holding up dying and sickly dogs, asking for money. They get outrageous amounts of money, but less than a penney from every dollar goes to those sickly dogs in their advertisement. This must be a humane society person wanting to stir the pot. Humane society wants you to buy only from them. It will cost more in most cases and they would be glad to be the only pet store in the world. They like you to support their retirement funds.

deception on advertisement

An add on puppy find.com from breeder audrey heath for a dog named pom pom stated 100.00 with restricted...

deleting of negative reviews

I posted a negative review on puppyfind.com about a rottweiler breeder in Decatur, Illinois named Kelley Brooks. I puchased our puppy on 7/14/09 based on the fact that she offered a health guarantee. We went to her house and picked out our little girl. We took her to the vet 2 days later on 7/16/09. She has the following ailments...1. roundworm 2. coccidia 3. yeast infection in both ears and 4. bladder infection. The total vet bills to date for these ailments are now $200. We asked Kelley Brooks to honor her health guarantee and she has flat refused. Instead, she wants to exchange our sick puppy for another sick puppy. Of course, that is not an option to us and we would still have to spend money to get the new one well too. Well, I posted a bad review on puppyfind.com to forewarn others that might want to purchase a puppy from her as well. Come to find out that it was removed!! They allow breeders to remove bad feedback! Can you believe that? What's the point???? Be very careful when purchasing a puppy on puppyfind. You will never know if someone had a bad experience with a breeder on there.

• De
    devilsadvocate4education Jul 30, 2009

I believe you can contact Puppyfind and let them know of the situation and provide proof that your negative review was accurate and true and after it's established and reviewed they will put it back up.

• Lo
    lolasmomma Aug 15, 2009

I also posted a negative review about Mary Meyer from Nashua, Iowa. I bought a Boston Terrier from her in May 2008. Her post said she would provide a travel crate, health guarantee, and AKC papers. I picked up the puppy and received none of the above. She said she would send me the AKC paperwork when they came in. Four months passed and after many phone calls and excuses, I still did not have any paperwork. I wrote a negative review and Mary asked for it to be removed. The support team from puppyfind.com asked for documentation and I complied and the review was posted again. Mary then deleted her account. Recently, I went back on puppyfind.com and found that Mary had recreated an account. I emailed Mary to see about the paperwork I STILL had not received. She emailed a few days later and said she would put them in the mail on Monday. A week passed and nothing came in the mail (This was in June 09 and still NOTHING!). I felt compelled to write another review and did so. It was posted and now it is gone. Unlike last time, there was no contact from puppyfind.com looking for documentation. The review just vanished but her account is still up and running with no reviews. I want to warn everyone of this woman and her unprofessional and lying ways. DO NOT BUY FROM HER. I kept documentations of my every interaction with this woman from day one - emails, phone calls, pictures. I contacted the support team at puppyfind.com to see why my review was deleted. I hope to hear in a few days but if not, I'm sure the Better Business Bureau and the like will be hearing from me about this matter.

• Di
    Dimondale Family Dec 07, 2009

I bought a dog from Deborah Nap for and the dog died a few weeks later, She has ads on Puppyfind, they took down my negative review of her. I told them to even google her name from Hickory Cornrs MichiganShe sells little dogs like yorkies thru bieweryorkies, com and I see she has scammed someone else too, How do I get Puppyfind to see that she has caused a lot of pain for our family and wont answer her phone or email back. She took our money and gave us a dog with problems

• Be
    Bertsbabe Aug 24, 2011

Worms, fleas, cocci, and things of this nature are usually not a part of any health guarantee, as it is usually clearly stated, LIFE THREATENING, GENETIC problems only, and then, it is still no cash refunds, replacement puppy only, with the breeder deciding when to replace the puppy.

kelly5822 Dec 27, 2011

i am happy to report that puppyfind has put back my bad review of Danielle Wilson - Danielles' puppys out of Joplin, MO - I sent them the vet records and I sent them all the correspondence between us. they could not dispute that my bad review was valid and put it back on. I am hoping it prevents at least one person from purchasing a dog from her.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices